• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt chelsea boots worth $25? Great condition.

Sonorously

Reaction score
In my previous post I forgot to add this pair of alden that are also available. 9.5 a/c

Hmm. I am a 9D. Maybe they'll fit
mwink[1].gif

Sonorously

Reaction score
I went thrifting again the other day and I'm surprised the La Jolla area doesn't have anything good in the thrift stores. I saw one or two Facconable and Brooks Brother's shirt, but nothing awesome.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where, may I ask, are all the excellent 17x35 spread collar dress shirts available for trade or sale? This semi-large dude is feeling a bit left out of the recent dress shirt love in this thread.

17.5, will that work?

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Luigi Bianchi Matova? Picked up a silk/wool SC of his, and it is the TRUTH! The finish is incredible, that thing ******* glows. Pics after work.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Luigi Bianchi Matova? Picked up a silk/wool SC of his, and it is the TRUTH! The finish is incredible, that thing ******* glows. Pics after work.

LBM, makers of LBM 1911... Part of Lubiam. Very good Italian maker. I've seen them called the "poor man's Boglioli". Nice find.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, big props to mainy for the awesome Polo sport coat, and to GMMcL for that amazing briefcase, which I had in my possession a full day before the Globe & Mail's Style section declared "retro-inspired briefcases" to be an essential item this spring. And a big thanks to 330CK for all the kind words.

:fistbump: Thanks for sending along the Lewin linen, and for saving me the shipping. Sadly, it's too small, and thus available.

^^^ I don't think that this brand gets enough attention around here.  I have two pairs and think they're great - modern fit, good material, etc.  I'm not sure about how flippable they are, but I pick them up whenever I find them (I've only come across two pairs and I ended up keeping them both).

Huge +1, which Nat already took care of, but I think these are fantastic trousers. I have a pair in a dark olive green. I found two pairs, and traded one. Been on the lookout ever since.

As for me: We're getting ever closer to closing on our house. That means cash flow is going to be a major-ass issue over the next couple of months, so thrifting/buying is out. Still willing to trade for some of the stuff I have, but I'm eventually going to need to streamline and raise some capital, so I may need to have a big Ebay bonfire. And I will probably still lurk here, but with no finds to post.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fistbump.gif
Thanks for sending along the Lewin linen, and for saving me the shipping. Sadly, it's too small, and thus available.
Huge +1, which Nat already took care of, but I think these are fantastic trousers. I have a pair in a dark olive green. I found two pairs, and traded one. Been on the lookout ever since.
As for me: We're getting ever closer to closing on our house. That means cash flow is going to be a major-ass issue over the next couple of months, so thrifting/buying is out. Still willing to trade for some of the stuff I have, but I'm eventually going to need to streamline and raise some capital, so I may need to have a big Ebay bonfire. And I will probably still lurk here, but with no finds to post.

If you do it right, thrifting IS a cashflow...

What size in the Lewin linen?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My cash is flowing away pretty good... :facepalm:

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you do it right, thrifting IS a cashflow...

What size in the Lewin linen?

Long term: Yes. Short term: It requires outlay (esp. 'round here). We will literally be paycheck to paycheck for a while. Not worth the risk.

Tagged 38S. Measures closer to a 40 or 41:
pit: 21
shoulder: 17.5
Length: 30
Arm: 24.5

It's really nice. Linen or linen blend (no material tag). Herringbone weave, 1/4 lined, dual vent. REALLY wish it fit.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I'm with you guys...my cash flowed away as well. Having trouble moving things without using Ebay(which i don't like to use)

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just started... accidentally made a typo in my listing of a lacoste polo and called it lactoste. Hopefully not scaring off would-be buyers :brick:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
I just started... accidentally made a typo in my listing of a lacoste polo and called it lactoste. Hopefully not scaring off would-be buyers
baldy[1].gif

^^^ I did something like this selling "Florshiem" V Cleats once. Even if the brand name was correct under the header information, I still felt stupid about misspelling something I was trying to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads