• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some ok finds today:

- NWT Prada suit. Eu 40 R. 3 btn, single vent. Hacking pockets w/ ticket pocket.
- 3 pairs of flat front Hiltl trousers for myself.
- Organic by John Patrick alpaca/wool sheer crewneck sweater
- 2 recent Patagonia 1/4 zip sweaters for myself

Someone also donated their Brooks Brothers tie collection. Had some nice striped bow ties in the lot too. I grabbed 4 of the nicest ones. All recent. 3 are Repp stripe. 1 is a gorgeous blue paisley. All are available.

I went back to check on the Polo RL trousers for Spoo and another member. Sadly all were gone except for one glenplaid pair that wasn't Corneliani made and were kind of beat up.

mjt73106

Reaction score
Today's stuff. . .

Samuelsohn in medium weight Italian fabric - 43R Gray with light tan windowpane

Brooks Brothers - Missing tags - 40 R - Feels like Silk or Silk Blend

NWT Harold Powell Merino Wool Sweater - Zegna Fabric

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
3 pairs of flat front Hiltl trousers for myself.

^^^ I don't think that this brand gets enough attention around here. I have two pairs and think they're great - modern fit, good material, etc. I'm not sure about how flippable they are, but I pick them up whenever I find them (I've only come across two pairs and I ended up keeping them both).

Stewie

Reaction score
Got something for you Brian...excuse the poor pic:

RG in a small...go figure!

A few ties:

Etro, Polo, EZ in that order...nothing great but been dry for some time

and Nataku will appreciate this...again poor pic:

and a vintage NHRA glass that goes with all the rest of my odd bar/drink glasses

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had some ok finds today:
- NWT Prada suit. Eu 40 R. 3 btn, single vent. Hacking pockets w/ ticket pocket.

Erm, you crazy. NWT Prada suit is a great find, unless it was filled with maggot infested dog turd :lol:.

I dont think Prada get enough love. Their better suits are made by Belvest, same maker as Hermes suits. I forsee an easy $500 - $700 sale on a good day.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Got something for you Brian...excuse the poor pic:
RG in a small...go figure!

LOL - That is ebay GOLD!!

pot-of-gold-rainbow-source_anb.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Erm, you crazy. NWT Prada suit is a great find, unless it was filled with maggot infested dog turd :lol:.
I dont think Prada get enough love. Their better suits are made by Belvest, same maker as Hermes suits. I forsee an easy $500 - $700 sale on a good day.

Well, it wasn't technically NWT. The breast pocket is still basted shut but all the other pockets were opened. Tags were in the front pocket. Looks like it was worn once or twice. Has a new-ish looking fabric content/size label (white computer printed). Still, it was a pretty good find. A friend ended up with it, though. Too small for me. The jacket was really cool looking, though. Hacking pockets with a ticket pocket, high button stance, fabric panels on the rear (it wasn't one solid piece), etc. Pretty fashion-forward as one would expect from Prada.

^^^ I don't think that this brand gets enough attention around here.  I have two pairs and think they're great - modern fit, good material, etc.  I'm not sure about how flippable they are, but I pick them up whenever I find them (I've only come across two pairs and I ended up keeping them both).

I love Hiltl. A couple local higher-tier men's clothiers in the area stock the line so I find them pretty often. As you said, the fit and construction are great. Don't think they have much resale value even though they are a bit pricey at retail. I just buy them for personal wear.

acosbysweater

Reaction score

Someone also donated their Brooks Brothers tie collection. Had some nice striped bow ties in the lot too. I grabbed 4 of the nicest ones. All recent. 3 are Repp stripe. 1 is a gorgeous blue paisley. All are available.

Sweet dude, that's an easy 15 bucks per...you might even come out ahead after two hours of your time and endless questions answered.

Last edited:

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
Where, may I ask, are all the excellent 17x35 spread collar dress shirts available for trade or sale? This semi-large dude is feeling a bit left out of the recent dress shirt love in this thread.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Beat you to it.

:shakesfist: Judging by your user name, I assume the inseams would have fit me as well. :(

Had some ok finds today:

I went back to check on the Polo RL trousers for Spoo and another member. Sadly all were gone except for one glenplaid pair that wasn't Corneliani made and were kind of beat up.

More :(. I appreciate you checking!

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where, may I ask, are all the excellent 17x35 spread collar dress shirts available for trade or sale? This semi-large dude is feeling a bit left out of the recent dress shirt love in this thread.

DB...shoot me a PM. I'm a 17/35 and I'm always rotating out shirt I no longer wear.

GHo

Reaction score
E Park Aves 10D

AEPA001.jpg

AEPA003.jpg

Also picked up some NWOT black wing tip looking Foot-Joy DryJoys. 11.5N.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Found a few great things today. Here is an excerpt. Don't have time to take pics of everything tonight.

SPOO!!!

IMG_8698.jpg

IMG_8699.jpg

IMG_8700.jpg

IMG_8701.jpg

Don't know much about this. Fabric feels great--could be cashmere. It's fully-canvassed. No content tag, only a US union-made tag. Has a very coo lining and giant MOP buttons.

IMG_8704.jpg

IMG_8705.jpg

IMG_8706.jpg

IMG_8707.jpg

Also don't know much about this. Only tag says made in England. All machine stitching. First thing that comes to mind is a line of cashmere English made stuff for Orvis I've come across.

IMG_8708.jpg

IMG_8709.jpg

Anybody a huge fan of Ahmad Rashad? They wanted about $50 a piece for a suit and sport coat of his, so I left it.

download.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads