• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Someone donated their whole Polo RL odd trousers collection. Lots of Corneliani made ones. Tagged 32. Houndstooths, glen plaids and checks galore. Too bad these aren't worth grabbing. Couldn't even move a pair of NWTO silk houndstooth Polo by Corneliani trousers in a 34 waist. for $5.

Yeah? I wear a 34 waist, love most Polo cuts. Id roll the dice on alterations on 32's. Can you still kop/proxy/whatever?

Dude, I know. The :lurk: is strong on this one.

On related news, I may have nailed one of the best scores ever for my store. Ill try and get pics and what nots later after, but highlights include (all NWT of course)

Valextra messenger briefcase
4 Isaia suits
6 Isaia SC's
2 Zegna SC's
5 Drakes ties
1 Drakes Scarf
Lobbs
Lidfort Norgovese
E. Tautz woolen ties
BBBF woolen bowties
Tom Ford ties
Zegna cashmere ties
Kiton pocket squares

I forgot the rest :slayer:

Manofstyle85

Reaction score
Yeah? I wear a 34 waist, love most Polo cuts. Id roll the dice on alterations on 32's. Can you still kop/proxy/whatever?
Dude, I know. The
lurker[1].gif
is strong on this one.
On related news, I may have nailed one of the best scores ever for my store. Ill try and get pics and what nots later after, but highlights include (all NWT of course)
4 Isaia suits
6 Isaia SC's
2 Zegna SC's
5 Drakes ties
1 Drakes Scarf
Lobbs
Lidfort Norgovese
E. Tautz woolen ties
BBBF woolen bowties
Tom Ford ties
Zegna cashmere ties
Kiton pocket squares
I forgot the rest
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Master, you inspire me. I hope to be like you when I grow up.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, I know. The
lurker[1].gif
is strong on this one.
4 Isaia suits
6 Isaia SC's
2 Zegna SC's
5 Drakes ties
1 Drakes Scarf
Lobbs
Lidfort Norgovese
E. Tautz woolen ties
BBBF woolen bowties
Tom Ford ties
Zegna cashmere ties
Kiton pocket squares
I forgot the rest
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I hope you didn't have to do anything... unsavory... to get those
lol8[1].gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Met up with Deadboy on his way through town to pick up a very nice Duchamp London tie from him. Good guy.

Didn't have a lot of time today, but I did pick up a Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall sportcoat, a made in Scotland Forbes tartan tie, and a HF 40L tuxedo coat... Couldn't find the pants, but worth the pickup on the chance I can find them. Henry Boogers, if you see a pair of tux pants around a 34 let me know... found this at the Webster Savers.

Oh, and I wore the Eastland Made in Maine mocs today... really comfortable shoes.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have any of you ever seen a 4 in one tartan tie? Its the most bizarre thing I found yet. Im too lazy to snap a pic, but its 4 pieces of tartan patched on one tie, so its like 4 ties in one. Does this make sense?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you ever seen a 4 in one tartan tie? Its the most bizarre thing I found yet. Im too lazy to snap a pic, but its 4 pieces of tartan patched on one tie, so its like 4 ties in one. Does this make sense?
I've seen 4 pattern bow ties, but not regular ties. I've seen 2 pattern / color regular ties where the two ends are different to give some contrast.

Pics or it didn't happen.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I've seen 4 pattern bow ties, but not regular ties. I've seen 2 pattern / color regular ties where the two ends are different to give some contrast. 

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Yeah, it needs to be seen. I just want to watch my auctions end first.

ACOSBYSWEATER YOU BETTER DO SO AS WELL! :bounce2:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I love watching my auctions end, best reason not to do BINOBO imo

INORITE

I pull up with a bottle of wine and f5f5f5f5

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I will open each item up separately, wait for them to end then go through and individually look at the selling price for each item, page by page. Weird? Yes. Entertaining? Yes :slayer:

I have them all end seconds apart, I can't do that... but that does sound fun!

So, I got a pic of that tie. What does the hive think? Theres no maker label.
168633d5.jpg

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Met up with Deadboy on his way through town to pick up a very nice Duchamp London tie from him. Good guy. 

Didn't have a lot of time today, but I did pick up a Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall sportcoat, a made in Scotland Forbes tartan tie, and a HF 40L tuxedo coat... Couldn't find the pants, but worth the pickup on the chance I can find them. Henry Boogers, if you see a pair of tux pants around a 34 let me know... found this at the Webster Savers. 

Oh, and I wore the Eastland Made in Maine mocs today... really comfortable shoes. 

10-4; on the lookout. I saw that jacket there last week and have been looking for it as well. Since you pulled the trigger I will gladly hand them over if I come across them....

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I hope those are both repeat customers of yours!! At least they both have OK feedback.

Hello XXX.,

You received a payment of $2,240.00 USD from XXX
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items.To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller Protection - Eligible

:bounce2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads