• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
I will probably come out for a bit since I live relatively nearby, and don't want to miss this chance. Unfortunately because I don't know too many people, I'll just drop by on Sat to see the vendors and oggle at the expensive items.

Hopefully you can post some pic's for those of us who probably won't get to make it.

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Leonard Logsdail suit, two-button, double-vented, ticket pocket, surgeon's cuffs:

That Logsdail
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have an idea where you might have gotten that....

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent Suits and SC:
Billy Reid SC, Made in Italy, three-button, single-vented, cotton/cashmere, size 42L:

RLPL SC, Made in Italy, three-button, double-vented, linen, size 42:

Z Zegna suit, two-button, single-breasted, peak lapels, double-vented, size 42L:

Leonard Logsdail suit, two-button, double-vented, ticket pocket, surgeon's cuffs:

Xenos hits it out of the park AGAIN.

A Logsdail suit that's only 3 YEARS OLD? WTF?

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Wowzers! If any of that is available, please PM measurements!
Recent Suits and SC:
Billy Reid SC, Made in Italy, three-button, single-vented, cotton/cashmere, size 42L:

RLPL SC, Made in Italy, three-button, double-vented, linen, size 42:

Z Zegna suit, two-button, single-breasted, peak lapels, double-vented, size 42L:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice as hell finds here lately. As for me, I thought I had ended my drought when I came across a Hermes casual shirt at the thrift. Problem was that I couldn't tell if it was real or fake. Are Hermes shirts faked as much as Hermes ties? Pros: MoP buttons and a gold tone button at the cuff that said Hermes on it. Cons: construction didn't seem like anything special, not my size, $14.99 price tag. Thoughts?

Side note: when I was flipping through eBay trying to find completed listings, I found this gem of a picture for a Hermes SC auction:

Do T Rex wear Hermes?

Manofstyle85

Reaction score
Some nice as hell finds here lately. As for me, I thought I had ended my drought when I came across a Hermes casual shirt at the thrift. Problem was that I couldn't tell if it was real or fake. Are Hermes shirts faked as much as Hermes ties? Pros: MoP buttons and a gold tone button at the cuff that said Hermes on it. Cons: construction didn't seem like anything special, not my size, $14.99 price tag. Thoughts?
Side note: when I was flipping through eBay trying to find completed listings, I found this gem of a picture for a Hermes SC auction:

Do T Rex wear Hermes?

This auction belongs to wowniceshirt. This model everything on him weither it's a 36S or a 50XXL.

Stirling

Reaction score

Do T Rex wear Hermes?

Very funny.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Quote:
Thrift fit:

Broder

Reaction score
I have not got time to upload more images today, I'll save them for tomorrow.

This will have to do for now, good night (or good afternoon).

Broder

Reaction score
I do not have time to upload all my photos but I need to give you guys something.

This will have to do for now, good night (or good afternoon).

highlifeman

Reaction score
Mr. Yankees, a local Twin-Citian hit a mind blowing home run. A find of the century, you might say. A haul so mind blowing I couldn't even begin to imagine it when he called me. I'll let him chime in more. I've gotta say though, my mind is officially blown.
The way you describe it, wow!
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads