The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

keep us up to date on this. i want to know what Spoo knows!

2. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Don't we all! Before I knew about this thread and all that I passed on a ton of fugly Versace silk shirts..now since I know about them, haven't see one. Go figure.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I can all but guarantee you they were fake, don't feel so bad.

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

With the addition of these photos I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on a spectacular find. Thank you for sharing these further photos. Just beautiful, both pair. :slayer:

5. GoogleMyYahoo

GoogleMyYahoo Active Member

short story even shorter, i probably overpaid for a flip (the Goodwill in question tends to price a large number of things in that frustrating dead zone between "good deal if i wanted to wear it" and "don't buy that to sell at that price"). No new info about the coat though. Whatever Spoo said in that first post is really all there is to it.

I paid $180 for it, and I only did that because of the return policy. Apparently, $300 would be the upper end of what it would sell for on the bay, so, I don't know what imma do. probly return it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Slow day on the thrift thread. All you somonombatches out scoring Kiton and Lobbs, I bet.

Huh. Funny. I recently made myself exactly the same promise. In unrelated news, my haul from today is below.

And yet, a stunning percentage on the ones that have been posted here have been real. Weird. (Not sarcastic. Truly puzzled. Even after months of reading, no WAY I'd be able to parse true from fake in the wild)

While we're on the subject of inverse-:spam: (i.e., rather than stuff we're SELLING, stuff we're BUYING), a guy at work today convinced me to sell him my chocolate brown nailhead and black pinstripe suits by promising me a tidy profit. So I'm in the market for those now, gents. Prefer flat front, double vent, and RLPL, Isaia or Kiton. Bwahahaha! Also still looking for black wings, black cap toes, black norwegian split toe slip ons and chestnut or walnut brown wings -- all preferably in a more slender profile. OK, classified ad over. Now for the "good" stuff.

Soooo. Apparently inspired by Wes, I found 3 (4? one is double sided) sets of real MOP cufflinks. Two are mine, but the ones with the B, while nice, I can't pull off (unless I convince people my nickname is Brothafromanothamotha) Brianpore?
    [​IMG]

A couple of Zegna shirts, plus a random Paul Stuart I think I'll keep. Sizes in the 16.5 range. Available.
    [​IMG]

And then these. All custom made, all Keaton style. All (but one) from the same donor. How do I know? That would be based on the FREAKING MONOGRAMS I FAILED TO NOTICE. Even the one by the different dude has an effing monogram on the sleeve. I plan to try to remove the monograms, but if anyone is initialed JW or PDF (or is a HUGE Adobe fan), lemme know before I start the surgery. "PDF" is Ascott Chang. The others are, I think, Tom James (based solely on the oh-so-conclusive fact that two of the five are Holland & Sherry). Worst case: I can harvest them all for the real MOP buttons. (Oh, also, a few need The method)
    [​IMG]

Oh, and one summery shirt for the lady in my life.
    [​IMG]

7. eazye

eazye Senior member

Well played sir! Dig the boots.

8. eazye

eazye Senior member

etho781 is my seller name. Please excuse any and all crappy photos.

9. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

i know a JW .. my brother :D who coincidentally just graduated business skool. what size are they?

10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

:teach:

Similar dilemma -- got a little overeager and grabbed some Armani/Burberry London shirts. Are these worth a few weeks' time on B&S? They're certainly nice...just wondering if I should save time and trick out my beater shirts with dem baller one-inch pearl buttons.

Now I suppose it's back to read the 100 new posts since two hours ago... :facepalm:

11. 951socal

951socal Senior member

i found a Zegna belt blank today

looks like it was worn once, walked in and recognized the Z font (and i thought thanks styleforum i now can spot zegna from 15 feet away looking into the sun)

its black, has the Z logo going all the way around the belt

and no buckle, it requires one of those belt buckles that go through both ends.

avalible if wanted haha

12. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

If you could add a "K" to the JW I'd be good.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2012

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dig, you are a straight up cornball. :lol:

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

So, any idea if this jacket has working surgeon cuffs that need to be opened, or if it is just a nice looking faux job?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.