• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seersucker Plaid SC Tagged 40L

Unbranded Silk/Linen Plaid SC about a 46R

Lanvin Canvas/Silk SC about a 46R

HF Glenplaid Suit 3 Roll 2 Flat Front

Timberland Pro Steel Toe Boots 11.5 D

Mason Executive Imperial PTBs 11 EEE

Hanover Sheppard Signature Shell Longwings 10D/B

Hanover Sheppard Signature Zip Ankle Boots 7 D/B

Wanted to join the Reel to Reel Club.

Teac A-4300SX

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Nice pics, fantastic mannequin. Love how you put the pants and shoe like that!
Guess I was one of the few who liked it better when the table and shelves weren't so bare. Maybe put a couple items back?
Would look good with a crystal decanter and tumblers, maybe something vintage made from tortoise shell, a table lighter (maybe not since you don't want to imply smoke), iGent stuff.
^^^ Thanks! It took me a couple of tries to get some sort of a balance between too little and too much. I originally wanted to make it look a little like a store window or something from a catalog (too much). I came to agree with the consensus that less is more in order to highlight the clothes (a little too little = just right). The real work has turned out to be updating the pictures for my Ebay listings and Etsy shop...

(^ On Perry: Shirt by Sulka; Black Silk Knit Tie by Lands End; Pullover and Trousers by Ermenegildo Zegna; Belt (not pictured) by J. Press; Quorn Chukka Boots by Brooks Brothers / Peal & Co.)

... but it's fun picking different hats to put on the shelf that relate to Perry's outfits (my wife decided he seemed like a "Perry").

smile.gif

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They even had the courtesy to write the price on the rubber part! Dayummmm.
worship.gif

vHUyQ.jpg

FcYqY.jpg

kZ2R4.jpg

Only disappointing part is... you can tell they were marked 3.99 then they erased it and changed it to 19.99, bastards

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Lanvin Canvas/Silk SC about a 46R

I forget who used to make the real deal Lanvin stuff, but it was something like St.Andrews/ChesterB/something like that. This looks better than most licensed crap, are there any other pictures? Its pretty rare to find the Lanvin good stuff, but my bat signal perked up when I saw this, I dunno.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that lanvin jacket is olddddddd probably made in america though and fully canvassed

BTW, does anybody know who makes Barney's house brand ties? Picked up one today, made in England, feels super nice.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, well it looks like I need to go back and pick up that Lanvin I bypassed the other day. Yes, it is made in the USA and fully canvassed.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent day today.

Ties

- Super recent Isaia 7-Fold. My favorite!
- BBGF
- Really cool Ferragamo

Shirts

- Bamford & Sons
- House of Carrington. A Local upper-tier men's clothier stocks this line. Not super high-end, but well made and I loved the pattern and fit.
- MTM dress shirts (1 year old) for local upper-tier men's clothier. Fits me quite well.
- RLX double L/S shirts (not pictured)
- RLX baller sweatpants (metal drawstring ends, very luxurious fabric) for lounge-wear. (not pictured)
- Couple vintage (Made in USA. 1991-92 vintage) Ren & Stimpy shirts for ***** and giggles. Brings back good memories and they fit.

Pants
- Nudies Easy Emil jeans. 36x34.
- Recent J. Crew "Vintage slim" jeans. (not pictured)

Womens. Grabbed a bunch of upper-end women's stuff for the wife. A cool Made in the USA National Graphic fashiony-tee shirt with a panda print on it. Stuff from 3.1 Phillip Lim, Missoni, Rag & Bone, Tory Burch, Alex & Olivia, Alexander Wang and Smythe Les Vestes. She'll probably turn down a good 80% of it. :rolleyes:

Other

- Bose wave radio. $7
- Lumix 12 MP Digital "hybrid" camera. "Hybrid" meaning a cross between a point & shoot and DSLR. W/ box and manuals. Takes HD 1080P videos. Only missing the charger. Got this for a absolute steal! Anyone want a nice camera for B/S or eBay listings?
- Roland Alpha Juno 2 Synthesizer. $20

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Other
- Lumix 12 MP Digital "hybrid" camera. "Hybrid" meaning a cross between a point & shoot and DSLR. W/ box and manuals. Takes HD 1080P videos. Only missing the charger. Got this for a absolute steal! Anyone want a nice camera for B/S or eBay listings?

^^^ WHAT!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics