• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought it was worth the post, pics of the elusive Zanella, FLAT-FRONT trousers :bounce2:, captured in the wild:

It was the only pair this particular location had that was not pleated... :nodding:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a couple of ties out thrifting during lunch break:

Vineyard vines custom (Ruger is the gun company) and Fendi made in Italy

RLPL striped, Robert Talbott Best of Class

Polo RL, pic is terrible, but this is a nice navy blue.... grenadine?

Eliza B/Leatherman LTD. Belt - size 42

all available if anyone is interested

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That RLPL is a beaut!

I just ebayed my damaged black one for the awesome grand total of $12.50, which will net me probably $5 when all is said and done. You should get much more out of that one.

Vineyard vines custom (Ruger is the gun company) and Fendi made in Italy

Polo RL, pic is terrible, but this is a nice navy blue.... grenadine?

Eliza B/Leatherman LTD. Belt - size 42

all available if anyone is interested

Last edited:

s_allen_p

Reaction score
NWT Brooks Brothers (Brookease) navy blazer. 42R.
NWOT Brooks Brothers (Country Club) black blazer. 43R.
AE tan bucks. These are orthotics. Barely worn. 9.5B. PM me if they're your size and you're looking for some comfortable shoes.
Brioni shirt. Excellent condition. Sz medium Vintage (80s?) Abercrombie Fitch shirt. Mint condition. Sz 14. Nettleton shoe trees. Sz large

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Wes, got the coat! Thanks a lot man. Now I just have to wait 7 months to wear it 
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

Note for others: Wes is a cool dude, quick to ship, and overall just awesome to deal with! We had an awesome trade go through. This thread has been incredible for me to get some great stuff without breaking my "college graduate-with-tons-of-student-loans budget". I want to thank you all for your help/knowledge/excitement to check what's the latest find on the thread!  
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Awesome, glad you like it! Its supposed to be 30 degrees here tonight, maybe you can wear it once. You belt should attempt to be delivered today.

Guys, this all sounds great but it's gone as fast as the next page of this thread arrives. Do us all a favor and make it part of the permanent record.

1. Wes, go to the B&S forum and start a thread with the coat and immediately close it as "Sold".
  2. Send Mr.D a link to the thread.
  3. Mr.D, follow the link and copy the address at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on capnwes' screen name and look for the "Trader Feedback" link on Wes' profile.
  5. Click on "Leave Feedback"
  6. Paste the address and follow the rest of the instructions with you as the buyer and Wes as the seller.
  7. Say nice things about Wes.
  8. Wes can do the same for MrD.

This way, we can all build a rep as the trustworthy fellows that we all are. :lol: I'm PRETTY sure this is all legal.

You can see a few examples if you click on my profile or for a REALLY good time, check out Spoo. :teach:

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will do, thanks Dig. I have never attempted the B&S, but will check it out.

Guys, this all sounds great but it's gone as fast as the next page of this thread arrives. Do us all a favor and make it part of the permanent record.
  1. Wes, go to the B&S forum and start a thread with the coat and immediately close it as "Sold".
  4. Click on capnwes' screen name and look for the "Trader Feedback" link on Wes' profile.
  6. Paste the address and follow the rest of the instructions with you as the buyer and Wes as the seller.
This way, we can all build a rep as the trustworthy fellows that we all are.
lol8[1].gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will do, thanks Dig. I have never attempted the B&S, but will check it out.

Hah! you posted before I got my edits in.

It's a breeze except I can never figure out how to put a picture of the item in the icon that accompanies the thread. Any help there would be appreciated.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
darkmatter does it again. :slayer:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
It's a breeze except I can never figure out how to put a picture of the item in the icon that accompanies the thread. Any help there would be appreciated.
To get the picture in the icon, you need to go to the bottom and click

This way, we can all build a rep as the trustworthy fellows that we all are.
lol8[1].gif
I'm PRETTY sure this is all legal.
You can see a few examples if you click on my profile or for a REALLY good time, check out Spoo.
teacha.gif
or try Mr.Smith if you want to have a gander at almost 200! http://www.styleforum.net/u/21975/steve-smith

Vintage (80s?) Abercrombie Fitch shirt. Mint condition. Sz 14.
Those New BB are nice!! That A&F also looks like it would fit me
nod[1].gif

That RLPL is money!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads