• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After my suit spree of a couple weeks ago...what do you think?

Yup, my wife would look at all my packets and thought I had lost my mind. It took a little arm bending and persuasion, and she is cool on this whole trading angle. Now if I get eBay items or NWT stuff through the door, I also say, yep that was from Styleforum. It is good to be ahead in the game :) .

Just make it look like you are trading.

t2russo

Reaction score
The jacket still has tags on it and basted pockets... hint hint nudge nudge

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
The jacket still has tags on it and basted pockets... hint hint nudge nudge

I'm surprised no one grabbed that (I know there area bunch of guys that size), but if not, just toss it in the B&S and make a few bucks so you can thirft some more stuff
fing02[1].gif
Should be gone in 10 minutes even if you double your money.

Last edited:

hyakku

Reaction score
No pics at the moment because I just came back from a hike in the mountains, but I came home to my Purple Label PRL Sports Coat from Beck. MY ******* MAN! By far the best coat I've ever owned, replaced all of my favorite items immediately. Had to give a shout out and major thanks to Beck for coming through. It's a bit big, but I'll brawl with my tailor before I let him tell me he won't fit this. :slayer:

And a NWT Polo Tie I forgot about?

15426122.jpg

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you like them!
I saw a tutorial for this a while back, but I'm convinced now. Time to gut a box or two.
Btw, just wanted to give a public thank you to ATLJon. We traded some grey trousers recently, but he really came over the top w/ some Made in England Austin Reeds made from Loro Piana fabric. Super soft, and I can't wait to try them out. Thanks, dude!

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed some brag-worthy finds for me for hitting a store only because I wanted to go to the soft pretzel place next door.
thumbs-up.gif

Vintage Pendleton, Made in the USA, Size M

Pendleton Two Pocket Button Up, Size L

HF Navy Blazer, Loro Piana Tasmanian Super 130's, Tagged 44R

Bespoke? Oxxford SC

Measurements:
Shoulder to Shoulder 18"
Underarm 21"
Sleeve 24"
Length 28.5"

Oh yeah, and I kopped these last week thinking they would work even though they are a half a size too big.
To Boot New York, Adam Derrick, Made in Italy, 12D

The white stuff in the shoes is anti-bacterial fut powder, not any kind of flaw. These are in VG condition.

Available,
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

ledude

Reaction score
So I have this jacket, tagged 42S. It's gray, two-button, single-breasted, made out of something that's fairly heavy and stiff; one button on each cuff (?!). I think it must be custom-made because there are no tags anywhere on it besides the one stating the size. I picked it up for two reasons besides that it only cost like $10 and was one of several coats I found that day (though I somehow forgot to put a linen jacket I really wanted in the pile):

• It is fully canvassed.
  • The lining is a flashy multicolored design and it hypnotized me into thinking this might make an OK present for my dad or something.

I think it's too big for Pops. I was gonna put it on eBay just to see what happens; first, though, does this sound like anything anyone would be interested in, for cost + shipping or any trade you'd like to propose? If so, I'll shoot some pictures. If not, thank you and please come again.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please assure me that the ties are real.

I know the shoes are.:) 9.5 D

Thanks, AHS

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads