• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw this Ben Sherman at GW, couldn't find the matching pants, so I left it behind.

:rotflmao:

lol, wut...
Thrift thread's first troll?
:happy:

Nah, we've had trolls before (and lastdonb isn't one, I don't think, just abusive to the eyes). I know I've reported several trolling posts that the good mods have removed. :nodding:

lastdonb

Reaction score
Here are a couple things I did pick up:

First Charles Tyrwhitt in a real nice blue:

A NWT LRL 100% Australian cotton zip pullover for $6, though it's going to be 79-80 degrees here, have to wait for it too cool off again:

A couple of ties, (L) Bill Blass BlackLabel, (R) Daniel Criemux limited edition made in Italy:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i love cps been wearing them for over 4 years cant wear anything else, clean cool design, comfortable and no big logos but the "right" ppl know your cool :nodding: of course ive never spent over 175 a pair :devil:

They just look like $48 Stan Smiths, but what do I know?

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Forum Shops at Ceasers in Las Vegas (formerly owned by Kirk Kerkorian) carries the Kerkorian line of clothes: http://www.insidervlv.com/forumshops.html From Wikipedia about Kirk Kerkorian: "He has a penchant for expensive clothes (especially custom-made outfits by Italian designer Brioni )" So it's very possible it is a Brioni. The Kerkorian label has the Roman Chariot mark of Ceasers Palace.
Oooh, interesting stuff... so that's where the Kerkorian brand came from. I see a couple of Kerkorian ties on the bay with labels reminiscent of old Brionis. The plot thickens, though - apparently "abla fashion for men" is the brand - and jefferyd thought it was a RTW project of Angelo Blasi... who's a Neapolitan tailor mentioned quite a bit in the same breath as Attolini. I doubt one of his projects would have used a substandard maker. http://www.styleforum.net/t/277061/...you-tell-me-about-this-neapolitan-brand/0_100 http://www.styleforum.net/t/199575/abla-fashions-for-men/0_100

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it to my honey hole that's hardly ever open... A large man must have made an end-of-year donation of a LOT of stuff. I found 3 Hickey Freeman suits, I think they're all 50L. One is solid navy, NWT, and unhemmed with a grey HF tag. The other two are for Saks I think and both had Loro Piana fabric tags, one navy pinstripe and the other charcoal grey. Also picked up a Giorgio Armani le Collezioni suit, made in Italy, black, 3 button. Also found a HF shirt, size 17.5/36, yellow herringbone, new in the bag.

Only thing I picked up that's my size is a Grant Thomas merino wool, made in Italy grey v-neck sweater vest. Probably would have left it but....

The best thing about the haul was that they've moved to a bag sale... $5 per shopping bag. All of that fit in 2 shopping bags, including the original HF suit hanger with the NWT suit.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
There was even more stuff there including a HF 100% cashmere sportcoat, but they all had a bit of damage and I didn't want to get crazy with the size 48-50 stuff.

So the question... How horrible are piss stains? The worn suits had a bit of staining there, but it was the only damage on them. I would have left them if it cost me $10-15 / per but as it was...

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Picked up this nice Lorenzini purplish stripe shirt to toss on the bay, but was taking the pictures and noticed the buttons above the cuff (wrist buttons?) holes were still stitched. Has anyone else experienced this before? Should I carefully cut the button holes open? Thanks

P1260236.jpg

Last edited:

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've replaced yellowed (possibly pee-stained) linings in pants before. It was like $40 or something.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth flipping without doing so? I don't want to invest a lot into them... Although the fabric on the pinstripe is amazing.

I've replaced yellowed (possibly pee-stained) linings in pants before. It was like $40 or something.

lastdonb

Reaction score

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you mean the Bill Blass tie or actually "the rest"! LOL!

Actually "the rest" lol... tough love! :)

Edit: Ah, and it looks like someone on the HOF thread responded about the maker label on that Abla / Kerkorian suit... apparently it's a very old Caruso. That makes it the second nicest tailored thing I've found locally, after the RLPL cashmere SC (which is 44L and still available):spam:

Italian 52 = USA 42... shame this thing wasn't a bit smaller. I'll probably throw it up on B&S one of these days along with the Caruso 150's SC and Isaia navy suit that folks keep backing out on. :brick:

Last edited:

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
One of my local shops must've gotten a huge donation of either radio station or DJ vinyl. 2 shelves of nothing but techno/dance/whatever single LPs, club remixes, and promos. I really don't have much knowledge about vinyl from that specific genre so aside from a couple things from Wu-Tang, Fatboy Slim, and Destiny's Child there was nothing I'd ever heard of. All of them were in perfect like new shape (mostly because the oldest were from the mid 90's) and I really have no idea if there was a goldmine there or not but there sure was a **** ton of them.
They also got in a nice sized donation suits all from the same guy, purchased from the same shop, and every single one of them had some kind of funky crap on the pants whether its food stains, bleach, and what I'm really choosing to hope is some sort of sticky white condiment. Samuelsohn, Boss, and Brooks all wrecked.
Sigh.

You can always check popsike.com (logs ended ebay auctions of records of value) if you think you think there is something worth while without purchasing it.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually "the rest" lol... tough love! :)
Edit: Ah, and it looks like someone on the HOF thread responded about the maker label on that Abla / Kerkorian suit... apparently it's a very old Caruso. That makes it the second nicest tailored thing I've found locally, after the RLPL cashmere SC (which is 44L and still available):spam:
Italian 52 = USA 42... shame this thing wasn't a bit smaller. I'll probably throw it up on B&S one of these days along with the Caruso 150's SC and Isaia navy suit that folks keep backing out on. :brick:

Could you pm me details/pictures on the navy isaia and the caruso? :D

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Could you pm me details/pictures on the navy isaia and the caruso?
biggrin.gif

Dang you beat me to it, if they don't work out for you swing that Isaia my way.

BTW the Borrelli shirts I ordered arrived, I'll try them on and then get back to you. Also, that seller listed more shirts in 16.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads