The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

:rotflmao:

Nah, we've had trolls before (and lastdonb isn't one, I don't think, just abusive to the eyes). I know I've reported several trolling posts that the good mods have removed. :nodding:

2. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

Here are a couple things I did pick up:

First Charles Tyrwhitt in a real nice blue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

A NWT LRL 100% Australian cotton zip pullover for $6, though it's going to be 79-80 degrees here, have to wait for it too cool off again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    A couple of ties, (L) Bill Blass BlackLabel, (R) Daniel Criemux limited edition made in Italy:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

They just look like $48 Stan Smiths, but what do I know?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Oooh, interesting stuff... so that's where the Kerkorian brand came from. I see a couple of Kerkorian ties on the bay with labels reminiscent of old Brionis. The plot thickens, though - apparently "abla fashion for men" is the brand - and jefferyd thought it was a RTW project of Angelo Blasi... who's a Neapolitan tailor mentioned quite a bit in the same breath as Attolini. I doubt one of his projects would have used a substandard maker. http://www.styleforum.net/t/277061/...you-tell-me-about-this-neapolitan-brand/0_100 http://www.styleforum.net/t/199575/abla-fashions-for-men/0_100

5. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Keep this and burn the rest with fire. :devil:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Finally made it to my honey hole that's hardly ever open... A large man must have made an end-of-year donation of a LOT of stuff. I found 3 Hickey Freeman suits, I think they're all 50L. One is solid navy, NWT, and unhemmed with a grey HF tag. The other two are for Saks I think and both had Loro Piana fabric tags, one navy pinstripe and the other charcoal grey. Also picked up a Giorgio Armani le Collezioni suit, made in Italy, black, 3 button. Also found a HF shirt, size 17.5/36, yellow herringbone, new in the bag.

Only thing I picked up that's my size is a Grant Thomas merino wool, made in Italy grey v-neck sweater vest. Probably would have left it but....

The best thing about the haul was that they've moved to a bag sale... $5 per shopping bag. All of that fit in 2 shopping bags, including the original HF suit hanger with the NWT suit. [​IMG]There was even more stuff there including a HF 100% cashmere sportcoat, but they all had a bit of damage and I didn't want to get crazy with the size 48-50 stuff.

So the question... How horrible are piss stains? The worn suits had a bit of staining there, but it was the only damage on them. I would have left them if it cost me $10-15 / per but as it was...

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Picked up this nice Lorenzini purplish stripe shirt to toss on the bay, but was taking the pictures and noticed the buttons above the cuff (wrist buttons?) holes were still stitched. Has anyone else experienced this before? Should I carefully cut the button holes open? Thanks

[​IMG]

8. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've replaced yellowed (possibly pee-stained) linings in pants before. It was like $40 or something.

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Worth flipping without doing so? I don't want to invest a lot into them... Although the fabric on the pinstripe is amazing.

10. lastdonb

lastdonb Senior member

Do you mean the Bill Blass tie or actually "the rest"! LOL!

11. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Actually "the rest" lol... tough love! :)

Edit: Ah, and it looks like someone on the HOF thread responded about the maker label on that Abla / Kerkorian suit... apparently it's a very old Caruso. That makes it the second nicest tailored thing I've found locally, after the RLPL cashmere SC (which is 44L and still available):spam:

Italian 52 = USA 42... shame this thing wasn't a bit smaller. I'll probably throw it up on B&S one of these days along with the Caruso 150's SC and Isaia navy suit that folks keep backing out on. :brick:

12. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

You can always check popsike.com (logs ended ebay auctions of records of value) if you think you think there is something worth while without purchasing it.

13. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

14. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Could you pm me details/pictures on the navy isaia and the caruso? :D

15. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    Dang you beat me to it, if they don't work out for you swing that Isaia my way.

BTW the Borrelli shirts I ordered arrived, I'll try them on and then get back to you. Also, that seller listed more shirts in 16.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.