• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:lol:
I would like to see you rocking that green / olive suit, dont think I have seen you in that color yet on WAYWYRN.

Thats Digs territory, I could never wear that color. :)

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^^Ridiculous score on those suits.

@alan that is a pretty cool suitcase. I almost went to that store today actually, but I have found it to be one of the worst stores in the metro. It's huge but I never find anything there... even when it was in Olathe it sucked. Maybe I just need to go more often. Going to PM you back about those jeans in a a bit

I had to take my daughter to a doctor's appointment out that way. I don't know that I had ever been to that store before. It's quite large.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^Ridiculous score on those suits.
I had to take my daughter to a doctor's appointment out that way. I don't know that I had ever been to that store before. It's quite large.

It's brand new... like 2 months old, or so. Basically sucks in my opinion (being honest, it's not a secret honeyhole of goodness). The SA in Independence is better, marginally because every once in a while you'll run into a bunch of donations from one person, but in general in the SA is the worst thrift stores in the metro for clothing.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made a quick side-trip while Christmas shopping today. Plain white Barba Napoli shirt in my size. The first Barba I've ever seen in an op shop. The collar is huge; I think I'll have to wear 7 fold ties with it. Also picked up a pair of Thomas Pink cufflinks at the same spot.

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
vestimenta Suit 3 btn dual vent
BB Made in Italy Houndtooth SC
Gieves and Hawkes SC
PRL made in Italy 3/2 Roll Charcoal Suit 2 vents

quick question for you guys.

Lanvin non made in France is just diffusion line right?

Last edited:

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the reverse of the missing pants search today. Hanging on the end of a rack were a pair charcoal pinstripe trousers that immediately shouted out OXXFORD. Apron waist, two belt loops on the one side, secret pocket. Flat front, perfect condition. I had just gone through all of the suit and jackets and there were no Oxxfords, so I went through them again. No Oxxfords. So I went through about 20 racks of women's jacket. No grey pinstripe. But there was this in the ladies racks...

OXXHOP.jpg

Oxxford hopsack and it appears never to have been worn. 41 L

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
Did the reverse of the missing pants search today. Hanging on the end of a rack were a pair charcoal pinstripe trousers that immediately shouted out OXXFORD. Apron waist, two belt loops on the one side, secret pocket. Flat front, perfect condition. I had just gone through all of the suit and jackets and there were no Oxxfords, so I went through them again. No Oxxfords. So I went through about 20 racks of women's jacket. No grey pinstripe. But there was this in the ladies racks...
OXXHOP.jpg

Oxxford hopsack and it appears never to have been worn. 41 L

thats a sweet color oxxford tony

dwcopple

Reaction score
picked up some Allen Edmonds Margate's in black, size 14EEE though :( ...they are for sale.

gdwy89

Reaction score
Found a large reverse seam Steven Alan shirt today (it's kinda goofy but I might end up keeping it), but the real reason I'm posting this is because when I tried to check out, there was a guy in front of me that bought $123 worth of t-shirts at maybe 99 cents a piece(?)

He saw me with my lone shirt and was very apologetic although he had already let a few customers go before him before I got in line so I was very gracious. I was left wondering under what circumstances does someone buy $123 worth of t-shirts of every imaginable color and design?

Last edited:

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
Found a large reverse seam Steven Alan shirt today (it's kinda goofy but I might end up keeping it), but the real reason I'm posting this is because when I tried to check out, there was a guy in front of me that bought $123 worth of t-shirts at maybe 99 cents a piece(?)
He saw me with my lone shirt and was very apologetic although he had already let a few customers go before him before I got in line so I was very gracious. I was left wondering under what circumstances does someone buy $123 worth of t-shirts of every imaginable color and design?

Might be bulk flipper, you can sell t shirts in bulk to Africa and some 3rd world countries and make more money. Although this is usually the case when someone buys what GW and SA don't sell by the container full. Same thing happens when people go in GW on sale days and buy carts and carts of shoes of all sizes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics