The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scruff

scruff Senior member

Dozen thomas pink shirts. [​IMG] Bunch of Ferragamo ties too, but I'm not partial to them.

2. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

At that price for Pink shirts, not bad.

3. TopHatChef

TopHatChef Senior member

Many of these are great deals, but I have to wonder. Are they new, or used? I myself just have a personal OCD problem with wearing used clothes. As for new clothes, I have no problem looking on the clearance rack when appropriate. But when I go buying(I don't call it shopping). I know what I want, and go for it, otherwise, I don't buy anything, or leave the house. The internet is for shopping. Stores are for buying.(that doesn't mean I don't buy off net)

4. scruff

scruff Senior member

The internet is for shopping. Stores are for buying.(that doesn't mean I don't buy off net)

Uhh. Shops are for shopping too. I suppose, you know, that's why they're called shops. Many shops are in shopping malls.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Many of these are great deals, but I have to wonder. Are they new, or used? I myself just have a personal OCD problem with wearing used clothes.

As it's a thrift thread primarily most of the clothes are used. Since you yourself just have a personal OCD problem with wearing used clothing I wouldn't recommend doing it.

6. TopHatChef

TopHatChef Senior member

Uhh. Shops are for shopping too. I suppose, you know, that's why they're called shops. Many shops are in shopping malls.

Not stores, stores aren't for storeing, that's something completely different. Besides, that is my opinion, as you are subject to yours.

7. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Picked up 3 Rooster wool knit ties. One is 60% wool 40% mohair which is the first time I've seen for a tie.

8. TheRealAshland

TheRealAshland Senior member

i am yet to find any quality thrift stores in my area

9. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

^In Atlanta? They're out there. It's just a matter of checking regularly.

10. J'aimelescravates

J'aimelescravates Senior member

Many of these are great deals, but I have to wonder. Are they new, or used? I myself just have a personal OCD problem with wearing used clothes. As for new clothes, I have no problem looking on the clearance rack when appropriate. But when I go buying(I don't call it shopping). I know what I want, and go for it, otherwise, I don't buy anything, or leave the house. The internet is for shopping. Stores are for buying.(that doesn't mean I don't buy off net)

So how do you feel about the possibility that someone else has tried on that shirt or pants in the store fitting room before you have?

11. juniper

juniper Senior member

Grenson Commando-soled calf country derbies from 1992 in reasonable condition - 20 quid.

Lovely Aquascutum suit in Charcoal Grey which fitted beautifully, but a glue stain on the lapel, so had to leave it.

12. Nashville

Nashville Senior member

nashville tn to Atlanta ga ...to Palm beach garden
    The wife and I are relocating from nashville to atlanta and I have not had any spare time to thrift [​IMG] but I was able to do a little today and found a Robert Talbott shirt , Necktie and a brooks brothers necktie. I was lucky the shirt was half price, i still would have paid the full , its a very nice shirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Nashville

Nashville Senior member

i am yet to find any quality thrift stores in my area

Well im going to look good throughout atlanta when I get there, you keep looking and when i get there we'll find one! [​IMG] I will sure miss the ones I go to here in nashville

14. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

The wife and I are relocating from nashville to atlanta ...

Will you be applying for a new username?

15. Nashville

Nashville Senior member

Well this is the wrong thread for you, we are thrift masters here baby brother [​IMG] just sit back , read and watch the great finds we come across!!![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.