• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Tried a little out of the way op shop for the first time today. Here's what I found:

From the looks of things you'll be heading back over there...
smile.gif

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
it can be yours!

If you can keep in mind that my entire SF-inspired wardrobe consists of thrifted clothing, footwear and accessories and if I can keep in mind that you'd enjoy a tidy and well deserved profit from the fruits of your labor, we might be able to discuss this matter like adults.
fight[1].gif

I ain't holding my breath, though.
plain.gif

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
If you can keep in mind that my entire SF-inspired wardrobe consists of thrifted clothing, footwear and accessories and if I can keep in mind that you'd enjoy a tidy and well deserved profit from the fruits of your labor, we might be able to discuss this matter like adults.
fight[1].gif

I ain't holding my breath, though.
plain.gif

that feeling you get when all of your office wear is thrifted : (

makes me feel like a failure when i have to head into job interviews for some reason, how do i get over this?

Oxford

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
Yea im not to up on Zegna stuff. Its a really nice jacket that's why i was confused. Lots of nice details and good fabric. I may just throw it away, or cut the tag out and return it. i dont want someone else to buy it thinking its legit.

Someone's got the same problem here...
http://http://www.styleforum.net/sho...d.php?t=247685

Looks like the conservative business dress aristocrats think it's real..

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
that feeling you get when all of your office wear is thrifted : ( makes me feel like a failure when i have to head into job interviews for some reason, how do i get over this?
Some of the nicest compliments I've had lately were for thrifted clothes. If you feel well turned out when going into your interview, what does it matter where you bought the clothes? Hopefully nobody will ask you.
smile.gif

jpc1766

Reaction score
Some recent finds @ $6.39/per pr. (all way too small for me):

Gravati for Bergdorf Goodman Peccary split-toe loafers
Gravati crocodile loafers in brown and black

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sing it, Chet Baker!

Love that Burberry tie. There was this fantastic BBC documentary show on the other day (I think it was called Superbrands) that explored the weird machinations of Burberry, and how they struggle to make their products affordable for everyone, while creating the illusion, of course, that their products are meant for a select few; and then how they almost killed their brand by making it more visible (by sticking the famous plaid on the outside) because then people could actually see when the rioting soccer hooligans were wearing it, a semiotic nightmare. And then, most recently, the disappearance of the plaid and the work of PR firms to recapture Burberry's image of exclusivity.

Which is all to say that's a neat tie and you should probabaly let me trade you something for it!

Recently: my first Brioni ties. First Theory shirts (surprisingly slim, with great styling. Made in China!). Waxed cotton SS shirt by Linea. (Never heard of them, but really fashunny and neat. Also pretty much un-Google-able, if anyone would like to chime in with info on the brand).

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Waxed cotton SS shirt by Linea. (Never heard of them, but really fashunny and neat. Also pretty much un-Google-able, if anyone would like to chime in with info on the brand).

Linea are the house brand for House of Fraser department stores in the UK. Website here

mgz

Reaction score
I saw a Ferragamo tie at SA the other day, but when I had a closer look it looked like it had been owned by a Alien who´d strangled a Predator with it, so no go. Found a nice Missoni though. Does Missoni have several labels? And if that, what´s the orange label like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads