• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to Sydney over the long weekend, and checked out Newtown, a suburb known for op shops and vintage clothing. Saw loads of Pendleton, Woolrich and similar vintage wear, including some Norwegian and Aran knits, but none in my size. Priced too high for flipping, but I will go back to shop for me one day.

I did have one good find, which I was very surprised to see in a temperate city like Sydney. As far as I can tell this is at least 20 years old, but it looks almost mint.
20190424_112212.jpg

20190424_112026.jpg
20190424_112041.jpg
20190424_112047.jpg
20190424_112107.jpg
20190424_112143.jpg
20190424_112212.jpg
20190424_112245.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was very surprised to see in a temperate city like Sydney...at least 20 years old, but it looks almost mint.

I think you may have your answer there - unworn because there was no opportunity to wear...

Also worth flagging that there are a number of for-profit vintage shops which import bales of clothing. There's a handful of Rokit stores here in London which seem to source primarily from Canada.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Dollar Bill is such a **** on that show,pretty much none of the characters have any redeemable qualities but i keep watching.
John malkovichs's russian billionaire character was fantastic.

Agreed that Malkovich takes the cake but I feel inclined to stick up for Chucky Rhodes ... his mannerisms and literary references make me root for him. Not to mention his smoking hot wife who occasionally dabbles in the dark arts.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah I wouldn’t place the gorge that low

Thanks for playing, everybody. Better luck next time.

Yo, if I could time travel once I'd do nothing more than travel back in time and have lunch with my grandma at the Burdines restaurant in the 90s.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you may have your answer there - unworn because there was no opportunity to wear...

Also worth flagging that there are a number of for-profit vintage shops which import bales of clothing. There's a handful of Rokit stores here in London which seem to source primarily from Canada.
This was in an op shop, so it would have been donated locally. You're probably right; not used much due to climate.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a flyer on this one for $40... Which was kinda a lot for a gamble.

There's no tags on this seemingly 70s/early 80s jacket... Except Ambush scripted on a leather tag. It seems to be a custom locally made jacket. I'm no expert, so I'd like opinions.

It has a buffalo and Indian head nickels for buttons. Leather is thick as hell. Like Johnson Leathers quality by semi educated guess.

I'm betting it was sold at The Ambush... An apparently iconic and long defunct gay bar/leather shop in San Francisco. And no, I had no prior knowledge until I researched online ;-)

But being vintage Ambush shirts are selling for $100 and a fricken old matchbook sold for $40, I took a chance. I'm guessing this is one of the tamer leather pieces the designer made. Lol!

It definitely fits me, but I'm not sure I'm... Uh, man enough to wear it.
View attachment 1165310 View attachment 1165311 View attachment 1165312 View attachment 1165313 View attachment 1165314 View attachment 1165315 View attachment 1165316 View attachment 1165317 View attachment 1165318
Wow! Seems like it's a legit piece of history. Incredible find! Looks great on you too, though I'd definitely sell given what someone's probably willing to pay for it.

If you're keeping, please wear it shirtless and half-zipped with some tight jeans, a leather captain's hat, over-sized aviators and some tall chunky leather boots for the full effect. :wink: :lol:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bwahaha! About the best I'm willing to do is cuffed APC skinny selvedge, big belt buckle Martin Dingman and shiny ass shell Alden 1340 Chukkas. As Jack black once said... "just the right amount of gay". Ha!

I do want to find more info on it. I work in San Francisco, so it should be feasible. Basically, who made it? A local leather craftsman or a custom order from like Johnson Leathers?

If I do decide to sell, these are questions that need to be answered anyway.

Wow! Seems like it's a legit piece of history. Incredible find! Looks great on you too, though I'd definitely sell given what someone's probably willing to pay for it.

If you're keeping, please wear it shirtless and half-zipped with some tight jeans, a leather captain's hat, over-sized aviators and some tall chunky leather boots for the full effect. :wink: :lol:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads