• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know he was a polarizing, somewhat flawed individual who said some acerbic things without thinking,(that sounds familiar)however I always like the the quote attributed to the late Karl Lagerfield "sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants"

images

lasted

Reaction score
Had an eye-opening day over the weekend. I took my 3yr old out to lunch and then popped into a nearby charity shop to kill some time. I never bother looking for ties there because, while cheap, they are junk. She starts rummaging through the tie bin and pulls one out and says, "Ooh, flags!" I glance down and see a light blue Vineyard Vines tie with both US and UK flags on it. As an American living in London, I figure that's a kop at £1. Then she pulls out a blue paisley number and tells me, "This one is cool!" I agree as I glance at the label and thank her while quickly taking it out of her hand. Now I'm curious as to what else might be in this bin and start digging through handfuls of poly dreck. She grabs a yellow tie and asks, "How about this one?" In the end, I purchased five ties (the most I've ever picked up at a single stop, possibly even in a day) at £1 each. My daughter pulled the green one, which I find hideous, but I bought the label. The only tie I found was the stripes. Clearly my kid has stronger game than I do.
IMG_9523.JPG

I hate Kiton. Its the only high-end brand I haven't found in the wild, but off to London again next week so who knows.
If you just want to see it in the wild, go to the areas I suggested. If you actually want to buy, you'll need to be more strategic!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had an eye-opening day over the weekend. I took my 3yr old out to lunch and then popped into a nearby charity shop to kill some time. I never bother looking for ties there because, while cheap, they are junk. She starts rummaging through the tie bin and pulls one out and says, "Ooh, flags!" I glance down and see a light blue Vineyard Vines tie with both US and UK flags on it. As an American living in London, I figure that's a kop at £1. Then she pulls out a blue paisley number and tells me, "This one is cool!" I agree as I glance at the label and thank her while quickly taking it out of her hand. Now I'm curious as to what else might be in this bin and start digging through handfuls of poly dreck. She grabs a yellow tie and asks, "How about this one?" In the end, I purchased five ties (the most I've ever picked up at a single stop, possibly even in a day) at £1 each. My daughter pulled the green one, which I find hideous, but I bought the label. The only tie I found was the stripes. Clearly my kid has stronger game than I do.

If you just want to see it in the wild, go to the areas I suggested. If you actually want to buy, you'll need to be more strategic!

I'm going up for work next Thursday, then leisure on the Sunday, will try to get there! I'm tempted to head up earlier on Thursday and thrift, then post everything I find back to me so I don't go into the event with bags!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going up for work next Thursday, then leisure on the Sunday, will try to get there! I'm tempted to head up earlier on Thursday and thrift, then post everything I find back to me so I don't go into the event with bags!

Are you going to stop at the mansion?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. Should have clarified. The RL Mansion / Flagship in London. It's not technically a mansion (that's in NYC), but it looks like one.

Yep! Went there with @Coldsnap last year. It was insanity.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
0B473983-7E95-4147-B04E-D650A18EB388.jpeg

It’s the simple pleasures that keep me coming back. Made in the USA, and no need to speculate as we lived the adventure — church, homecoming, awards show, and one of these would be hugging your neck. I’ve found others, but never so many crests or medallions.

Surprisingly, I didn’t see any good ones on eBay, even in completed. Going in the drawer....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads