• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbie

Reaction score
Catch and release because of the price?
Yeah, resale in UK wasn't strong enough but I would have totally gotten for personal if it had been my size. It does say 'as seen' but I couldn't fault it at all - some stores seem to put that on half of everything they put out.

RFHansen

Reaction score
@Nataku: Take a 10X loupe and inspect the watch closely. The hands, lettering, logo, index markers etc. should all be absolutely flawless, with perfect alignment. There are loads of online guides to ID'ing Rolex to help you along.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
I know next to ZERO about electronics other than what I’ve gleaned from the audiophiles on this thread. So when the lady who runs the small church thrift I frequent brought out a pair of old speakers priced at $25, the old spidey senses were tingling as I remembered Sansui being pretty desirable stuff. Quick Google-fu confirmed these were worth taking a chance on. Not sure what to do with them — FB Marketplace or Next Door perhaps?

20240212_090245.jpeg 20240212_091331.jpeg 20240212_091347.jpeg screenshot_20240210_132138_ebay.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some finds from today.

IMG_8637.jpeg
IMG_8646.jpeg
IMG_8647.jpeg
IMG_8650.jpeg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reluctantly threw my name in the mix for a neighborhood "buy nothing" Facebook page, because I knew the foam woofer surrounds would most likely be shot on these 1977 Bose 501.

But can't beat free?

Cosmetically very clean. Shined a flashlight through the grills. Yup, foam has totally disintegrated.

Not sure I wanna learn to do surrounds. Might just send them down the road. We're talking like a C note if lucky as is. $400 with new surrounds. $20 in parts, big PITA to do.

Thoughts?

View attachment 2130525

Ooooh, I vote refoam and keep, if you have the space. Those gradient stripe grilles are awesome! I personally haven't tackled a refoam job yet, but from what I've heard, it's not as daunting as it may appear.
Hard to tell from the low-res images and the overall condition of the watch. The lugs appear to have been hit with a wire brush. The crown logo at 12 looks dodgy from here. The spikes should be of equal length, here the left one is much longer. Also, the winding knob should have a similar crown logo that is part of the head of the knob. Here it looks like something was attached and since fallen off. Feel free to follow up with some sharper images here or in a PM to me.

Check the magnification of the date window, and see if there are serial numbers on the case edge between the lugs.

Does it wind up and run? If it goes tik once per second, it's a fake.

I'll try to take some better shots. Tip of the crown is right on point with the 12 mark and they appear to be about equal lengths, from looking through my 8x loupe. The crystal is scuffed and that isn't helping much, either. As for the crown, I agree, it looks like something was inset, came loose and fell off. I found it up and it doesn't run. Not seeing any serial numbers. Not looking too promising, but I can send some better photos taken with my digital camera. These are just (prehistoric) iphone camera photos. Haha.
I know next to ZERO about electronics other than what I’ve gleaned from the audiophiles on this thread. So when the lady who runs the small church thrift I frequent brought out a pair of old speakers priced at $25, the old spidey senses were tingling as I remembered Sansui being pretty desirable stuff. Quick Google-fu confirmed these were worth taking a chance on. Not sure what to do with them — FB Marketplace or Next Door perhaps?

View attachment 2130601 View attachment 2130603 View attachment 2130605 View attachment 2130607
Nice find! FB Marketplace and Craigslist would be the place to go, in my opinion. Trying to ship those is asking for trouble. Haha.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been listing more than finding lately so this is welcomed. View attachment 2130345

These colours are perfect.

Ooooh, I vote refoam and keep, if you have the space. Those gradient stripe grilles are awesome! I personally haven't tackled a refoam job yet, but from what I've heard, it's not as daunting as it may appear.

I'll try to take some better shots. Tip of the crown is right on point with the 12 mark and they appear to be about equal lengths, from looking through my 8x loupe. The crystal is scuffed and that isn't helping much, either. As for the crown, I agree, it looks like something was inset, came loose and fell off. I found it up and it doesn't run. Not seeing any serial numbers. Not looking too promising, but I can send some better photos taken with my digital camera. These are just (prehistoric) iphone camera photos. Haha.

Nice find! FB Marketplace and Craigslist would be the place to go, in my opinion. Trying to ship those is asking for trouble. Haha.

Honestly, that bezel shouldn't be looking like that. I believe it should be gold, not plated at all so the wear looks all wrong. I don't think its real unfortunately, which would be amazing.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Boys how do I get this heat logo off this otherwise minty Atom Lt jacket.
I feel like it was previously discussed with some kind of method .
View attachment 2130647 View attachment 2130649

Typically it's done with heat - basically trying to reactivate the adhesive and then peel it off.
Hair dryer / steamer are a start. i would do it from the inside of the shirt and see if it does anything (that looks like a pretty good heat transfer job)
you can go to something like goo gone / acetone and try to dissolve the glue, but i'm not sure that would work from the jump

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@impuntura I have the same issue with a couple hoodies right now - stuck on / heat pressed rubbery logos.

As is right now they're perfectly fine.. If i hit em with steam and try peeling yeah they may come off, but what will they leave behind? On this particular fabric probably a glue residue that won't come off and will be sticky and attract lint.. Whereas if I just leave em alone and move out, yeah they wont get quite as much value as non logo items but better than it being messed up. Luckily for my case the logos are really minimal black lines.

For that Atom LT it sucks but that's why we find these corporate logo items. I'd leave it as is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads