• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this since I know we have a lot of guitar people in this thread. E-thrift from earlier this year:

Screenshot_20180308-150316.png

Was able to take the Grover tuners, pickups, bridge, tailpiece, about half of the electronics, and a locking strap, and finally ten years later, finish the high school shop class project I started in 2008. I had just cut the pickup slots out before high school ended. When I went to college it just started collecting dust in my parents basement for years. After their divorce last year they made me take it, so I decided I should actually finish it.

It's a replica 1959 Gibson Les Paul, hand carved maple top with a heavy as **** mahogany back, because that's what my teacher had in storage. Neck was purchased separately at the suggestion of my shop teacher, but the body was all hand made by me with some help from my brother towards the end because he has a drill press and a band saw and I do not. Haven't plugged it in yet, but it plays way better than I ever thought it would.
IMG_0487.JPG
Screenshot_20181214-121635_3.png

I'm in the process of gathering old pictures from old cell phones and computers, but here's a good one I found taken by a really **** phone camera.
lp11.JPG

Anyway, back to clothing.

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this since I know we have a lot of guitar people in this thread. E-thrift from earlier this year:

View attachment 1089636

Was able to take the Grover tuners, pickups, bridge, tailpiece, about half of the electronics, and a locking strap, and finally ten years later, finish the high school shop class project I started in 2008. I had just cut the pickup slots out before high school ended. When I went to college it just started collecting dust in my parents basement for years. After their divorce last year they made me take it, so I decided I should actually finish it.

It's a replica 1959 Gibson Les Paul, hand carved maple top with a heavy as **** mahogany back, because that's what my teacher had in storage. Neck was purchased separately at the suggestion of my shop teacher, but the body was all hand made by me with some help from my brother towards the end because he has a drill press and a band saw and I do not. Haven't plugged it in yet, but it plays way better than I ever thought it would.
View attachment 1089635 View attachment 1089637

I'm in the process of gathering old pictures from old cell phones and computers, but here's a good one I found taken by a really **** phone camera.
View attachment 1089640

Anyway, back to clothing.
That is so badass. Amazing work!

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the first times I every drank, my friend and I got into his parents liquor cabinet and made a mixed drink that was half Dr. Pepper and half Everclear. I took one sip and spent the rest of the night having a minor panic attack that I burned a hole in my stomach lining. For years, I was convinced that all liquor tasted like that.
I liked Everclear. A pleasant drying mouth feel, and none of the annoying cloying associated with diluted liquors.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straight fire the past few days made me stop on my way home from work. So glad I did!

True thrift.

Louie folks... my initial researching points me to believe it’s legit. What say you? Never ceases to amaze me at how random a find can be. This was found two hours ago (at 7PM on a Friday night).

FD81A3FF-C0EA-4AFF-A061-B22DED934C65.jpeg
AA5E0EFA-BE8A-437F-BF82-405993898BF6.jpeg
24356961-3066-40ED-BE02-0879498DC6F6.jpeg
CC3ADB6B-066C-494C-8EDB-68C2C5AAED15.jpeg
2D6DF3D6-DDF5-4E44-A08F-9E958646DFEF.jpeg

Chotii

Reaction score
I don't see the hair follicle holes in those "what is this leather" boots, as I would associate with any of the pig family, and every time I've seen that texture in non-embossed leather it's been bison or buffalo.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straight fire the past few days made me stop on my way home from work. So glad I did!

True thrift.

Louie folks... my initial researching points me to believe it’s legit. What say you? Never ceases to amaze me at how random a find can be. This was found two hours ago (at 7PM on a Friday night).

View attachment 1089685 View attachment 1089686 View attachment 1089687 View attachment 1089680 View attachment 1089681
I’d say legit, fakes always get the color of the interior canvas wrong. Locks definitely legit too. 1990?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More crap from the DEATH PILE:

Needs "the treatment" but so what,
IMG_0666.jpeg

AE Chesters, meh
IMG_0665.jpeg

Some shell,
IMG_0664.jpeg

IMG_0663.jpeg

I don't know too much about Champion (Someone posted some shorts, an apparent easy flip, same as the one I use to paint in because to me they were just an old pair of shorts), but I think this T-shrit might be what I'm looking for. Anyone care to confirm or belittle? If the latter, oh well, more shoe shine rags.

IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg

Apparently RG is out of favor? And yeah, not skeety enough, and yeah wrong size, BUT true thrift and NWT, I'll make a buck,

IMG_0512.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads