• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

florent

Reaction score
Other stuff too

RXK0O2Yl.jpg

cFOmMMsl.jpg

2LBDqMil.jpg

jvxljXXl.jpg

JVv6bvNl.jpg

GqPjSz6l.jpg

ftgNAkvl.jpg

LiIKk8vl.jpg

FFIxY8Bl.jpg

kNFfz8sl.jpg

ZAa0oCkl.jpg

A8VLZl4l.jpg

XELPAUTl.jpg

ikvJph0l.jpg

AbJaKFql.jpg

SySq33ml.jpg

lFdcSizl.jpg

8dLtww8l.jpg

9u5dOz8l.jpg

Pa4NqjZl.jpg

VjKiWMNl.jpg

Voidoid

Reaction score
If you don’t mind my asking, where in Greece do you live? I usually go every year or at least try to as I’m Greek myself, but haven’t had any actual luck thrifting in Athens
I'm in living in Thessaloniki, so no help there.
Usually they just basic and very ugly shops with a window like this.
8765.jpg

Another good sign is that they usually have moldy and chemical odor.

Although I'm not Athens expert, but over here "hip thriftshops" is just some yongsters selling used levis jeans and fancy windbreakers.

chickene

Reaction score
@chickene Welcome to our failed society! Watch out for the all the $hit! :p

Thank you! Compared to back home, thrift stores here definitely have a higher standard of offerings, but a lower standard of clientele :p No one has **** their pants yet though.

Today's ill-advised purchase was this 1970s pinstripe suit:

02954484-B176-4BAA-9710-6437D287A2A5.jpeg

19B2447D-925B-4CF3-822E-9491616952AC.jpeg

1CD1B464-8C1A-4CF2-B5B6-F30E8A7658D2.jpeg

The jacket sports enormous pocket flaps and hand-sewn buttonholes; the trousers are flat-fronted with a coin pocket. I'm a little bummed I can't enjoy it myself, but look forward to finding the man-sized man who gets some use out of it.

Still, I wasn't entirely out of luck as a boy-sized man. These $10 bespoke trousers from 2005 will bring me plenty of joy once I take the waist in and inseam down:

C1450629-A455-4525-B8FF-E6C2C5735D8F.jpeg

50BBF920-FE39-46A0-B966-54402A891E42.jpeg

I looked for a matching jacket, to no avail. If it exists, it is surely a thing of beauty, seeing as even the internal buttonhole on the trousers is hand-sewn. Did I mention I like buttonholes??

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
full thrift fit.

Oliver Spencer linen jacket
susu shirt
Cucinelli linen trousers
LP Open walks.

Just warm enough….

25CD452C-F746-4E84-9974-0BCBD809A393.jpeg
B66FCBC6-CBD7-4654-B83F-408B5FC9B5AF.jpeg

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else miss Hans' posts?
Here's my finds for today (Paul & Sharks are going nowhere!)

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.32.24.png

Kind of you to remember me! I am still alive and do try to keep up with the thread as often as I can. Since adding our latest baby to our family last year, I've been unbelievably short on time in just about every area of life.

I had made an attempt to shoot stuff that I found and had saved a good-sized collection of photos. HOWEVER, I had a catastrophic hard drive crash in February and lost a massive amount of data. I was an idiot for my storage habits and lack of backup, but it still hurt(s). Lots of carefully created data points, tons of business info, photos of kids and my now-deceased dog, etc.

Anyway, I'd love to contribute regularly if I can find a way to squeeze it into my life! I wanted to comment on someone months ago, but got distracted. It was one of our British posters that had found something on my hit-list: a Ludwig Reiter shell cordovan belt.

Here are a couple of recent finds:

DSC_0971.JPG

anchorman-pants-party.gif

Something else I'd been hunting and had been shocked I had never found: Alpina M1s. FINALLY can cross it off my list:

DSC_0975.JPG

DSC_0983.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads