• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is stunning. I wonder if it is in house or if they contract out for MTM / bespoke?
From the little bit I was told about the piece I have, it's in-house and the bespoke service starts somewhere around $5000. No idea about MTM stuff though.

Chotii

Reaction score
Two very nice finds today. Sorry that the color is all off on these.

Filson cotton flannel guide shirt. Made in Morocco, so a recent mfg. Also missing almost all its buttons down the front (why?!!)..

Willis & Geiger navy wool duffle coat with cotton flannel lining. No hood. Brass zipper is missing 2 teeth at the bottom, but I can fix that.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Letric is that pic color accurate? dat hermes, what a hue.

Yes. Here's some better photos of it:

sly.gif

Versace Guy

Reaction score

@shirtsnmor I have a mainline bespoke LP jacket as well with the same inside pocket tag. It's incrediballz. Super sweet find!

I have a mainline LP sport coat that finally sold for $14.95 after putting it up with no bids a few times. Sure it has a tiny hole, but $14.95...come on. I will post it as my brag of the day

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found some unworn women's Nikes from 1982. What's the best way to clean these up? They're unworn but they have some dark spots from storage.

What I like to do is get a horsehair brush, lukewarm water, a bowl, and some Dawn (the **** they use to get oil off ducks and ****), and scrub. Especially for the canvas based shoes like these. If the stains are stubborn do what Letric states below.

what @capnwes is to shell, @Bahljs knows about sneakers, maybe he can help.
Your Adidas are getting treatment this weekend sir

Oxyclean, hot water, toothbrush and some vigorous scrubbing/rinsing. I consistently trash my white Nikes and Converse, and bring them back to brilliant White with Oxy.
This is pretty successful as well

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Last MA-1 i sold, the stencil was same color as the fabric. Big letters, on the inner back.

Was it you i traded the ironhearts for it? I forget.

Hope you got the real deal, they command a premium. And are just cooler.

But i have seen so many "Authentic fakes" from JP makers. It's crazy. Ask @eazye how authentic the one i sold him was. . :satisfied:

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last MA-1 i sold, the stencil was same color as the fabric. Big letters, on the inner back.

Was it you i traded the ironhearts for it? I forget.

Hope you got the real deal, they command a premium. And are just cooler.

But i have seen so many "Authentic fakes" from JP makers. It's crazy. Ask @eazye how authentic the one i sold him was. . :satisfied:

Yea that was me, that was an N3-B, completely missed the the name on the inside, I'll take a closer look when I get home. Seems pretty legit tho, collar a cuffs are pretty rough but still great shape.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night I made a quick stop at the GW close to home, lady was bringing out a cart with the new accessories. Unfortunately a woman, who I can't imagine was a flipper, but I could be wrong, snatched the two Hermes (as well as a few other whimsical BBs) before I could get in there. C'est La Vie. Took home a Sid Mashburn chambray shirt with button down pocket thats a keeper and a few pieces of fodder, so I can't complain too much.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This must have been a true honey hole because I can't think of any stores in the area that closed recently. Unless I'm going to be sorely disappointed the next time I do a multi-store run. On the plus side, the good stuff has to go somewhere. It doesn't just disappear. Just means that a different store will (hopefully) get better stuff.

Haha, it's definitely not a local store. Was a small hole-in-the wall spot though, so the possibilities of where the stuff would will be donated to in the future are endless. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads