• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelGuy

Reaction score

I feel your pain... this drives me mad. You can't figure out how to get a tag around the keeper on a tie? It's a big loop of cloth. It's not rocket science.

I ran into @BonVivant at a store he mentioned to me. I don't know if he was punking me since he knows I like to hunt shirts.

Every shirt was tagged like this. Two staples through the collar... Aargh

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ran into @BonVivant at a store he mentioned to me. I don't know if he was punking me since he knows I like to hunt shirts.

Every shirt was tagged like this. Two staples through the collar... Aargh

Lots do this. Honestly, if you straighten the staple from the back and pull it through it's not really noticeable once it's out...provided they don't use super wide staples.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran across a filson safari jacket, minty except for the seven tag holes in the upper back. Yarns severed, complete waste. Fucked to death by a tag gun.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic old school Church's. Might even fit me so I'm really going to enjoy working on these.

AHS

Reaction score
Close, 800.
This could be either
Ferrari merchandise
Vintage polo stuff
Hot Japanese chicks

all of the above please
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lol8[1].gif
800 huh? Very nice!

I found this self tipped tie at a Blue Boutique Good Will for a mere $8. Sure it was made in China but is still a unique find that I can coordinate with some dress shirts.

I got this beauty at Value Village for $9.99. I've already circled damage that I've noticed but it fits well enough in the shoulders and sleeves. As I took photos of it on a table some photos are rotated so I apologize about any confusion.

Zoomed in on this hole.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

800 huh? Very nice! I found this self tipped tie at a Blue Boutique Good Will for a mere $8. Sure it was made in China but is still a unique find that I can coordinate with some dress shirts. I got this beauty at Value Village for $9.99. I've already circled damage that I've noticed but it fits well enough in the shoulders and sleeves. As I took photos of it on a table some photos are rotated so I apologize about any confusion.
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Zoomed in on this hole. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Welcome to the thread. My advice, read it from the beginning. It will take some time but it will save you lots of cash.

leisurewear

Reaction score
Welcome to the thread. My advice, read it from the beginning. It will take some time but it will save you lots of cash.

I guess we all pay tuition. I think my worst so far is spending $90 in alterations on a Lauren Ralph Lauren navy blazer I thrifted (this in itself embarrass' me). 100% chance I'll be schooled again in the future multiple times

Last edited:

timhortons

Reaction score

I found Lobbs at Buffalo Exchange once, some sort of brown plain-toe model. There was no size listed, so I guess they were custom, but they fit well. They had these godawful crepe soles, though, and they were priced at $65. Was that a bad pass? Didn't think they were that uncommon.

What buffalo exchange?
I'll go there and make a mistake and buy them.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everytime I suggest this I come off as a dickhead lol I guess you say better wordings than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads