• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chotii

Reaction score
Not a lot of men's stuff lately - just these ties: Metropolitan Museum of Art Unicorns, Polo Martini Bear, anonymous puppytooth silk self-tie bowtie.

:

But do keep your eyes out for Jams World as fodder. Especially Hattie dresses. They are ALWAYS a good summer sell, and don't take up much space in storage the rest of the year. The photo here does not capture the insane color palette. You don't have to know anything about women's clothes to ALWAYS buy Jams World as fodder - tops, skirts (except sarongs), pants, and dresses. The buyers know what they're looking for. Sizing can be erratic, so I always give tagged size AND measurements.

And I expect good things when this sells, even though it's a bit scratched up:

As a side note - and yes, I know, this is wildly inappropriate, but I'll make it up to you by using million-dollar words in future posts - a friend suffered a terrible infection in his leg (107F fever!!) and was out of his (new to him, and very much needed) monthly-pay job for 3 weeks. So, besides not having an income, he has crushing medical bills and no paycheck until the end of this month - and even then, it will be a partial paycheck. He finally let go of his pride enough to make a GoFundMe, and I've sent care packages of food that is not ramen noodles so he can actually eat something nutritious. If any of you gentlemen feel so disposed, his page is here: gofundme.com/nyoe3k (BTW, he wouldn't know men's fashion if it strolled nonchalantly in front of him in a Cornelliani suit with AE shell shoes. But he's good folks, and life can be hard.)

Last edited:

shirtsnmor

Reaction score
Been out of town the last month preparing to make a move to San Diego so not a lot of thrifting. Here's some recent finds. Most are already gone.

Pet / animal enthusiast dropped off their tie collection

Wool / Leather women's RLX

NWOB Varvatos

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Finally got caught up after being on a week long fishing trip! Man some incredible things happening here... Here's some of the highlights from my last stuff sent off to Snoogz... Another big shout out to Jompso as some of the items came from him also!

Catching craw dads and salmon...

Now some clothes... Photo dump...

Enjoy the weekend!

SteelGuy

Reaction score
So, after many tries I finally matched up an orphan...

Except, I didn't really when I looked closely at home. The pants are the same size as the chest on the suit. So unless sponge Bob had this, it's two separate orphans, from two different suits...

What to do?
A. Keep collecting them, liable to get a match shortly (in our small college town I tend to find 1 or more Madison 1818 each time I go out.)
B. Sell them as they are and get on with better things.
C. Get a match from ethrift somewhere.
D. Throw them back and look for better deals.

And if I try to match them, how much to worry about details matching too? : made in USA Thailand Italy ; loro Piana, Estrata, other

Last edited:

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Yeah lakes called the flaming gorge and they have Kokanee salmon. You fish with downriggers about 40-60 feet deep. They can get up to a little over 6lbs but anything over 3lbs is a good fish. Delicious to eat! Fun to catch!

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Been on a long vacation with the family. I was excited to see what it was like in Scotland and England. It really is quite different so far. Most of the US brands are absent at least at the stores I've been to in Edinburgh. Tons of thrifts everywhere but super small.

The prices are insane. 12 to 15 pounds per shirt. Lots of store brands like Zara and Topman.

Had to buy a windbreaker in the states for the trip. I just love finding minty things I can sell when I return.

After six stores I left a ton of old ripped up Barbour, YSL, Trywhitt,and Polos on the shelf. I found these on the last stop:

Will be in London later this month if anyone wants to meet up
I will never complain about thrift prices in the US again !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads