• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
I take that as fake, lol

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was super excited to find a pair of AE Leeds in shell:

But then I saw this foolishness:

Luckily my size so I was planning on keeping anyway, but geez.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another quick stop off after work today. Just the one thing but I think it's a good one thing. Two button Poole with faint pinstriping and working cuff buttons. Jacket is surprisingly thick and heavy and has velcro inner pockets?? Couldn't find any material tags but it feels like cotton...maybe a blend. ( I really have no ******* clue, just making **** up at this point.) How can I date this jacket?
*EDIT* Looks like it's at least 1982 or older, according to the address history on their website

P.S. The dog snuck into the last picture. He's such an attention whore.

Last edited:

TinderStick

Reaction score
The stores around me double staple the price tags right through the leather on belts, drives me up the wall, and cuts the eBay by about 50%.

Too many times I've bought shirts, taken them home, taken the tags off and realised the stupid shop people have put the tag right through the material, leaving a small hole.

Drives me nuts.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many times I've bought shirts, taken them home, taken the tags off and realised the stupid shop people have put the tag right through the material, leaving a small hole.

Drives me nuts.

I have a store that puts a security tag thought the lapel, the jacket, and all the through the pants after it's been hung up. The store is a giant mess and half of the suits are falling off of the hangers so you find decent suits with pants hanging from just the security tag.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drives me nuts.

A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's steering wheel sticking out of his pants.
The bartender asks "Do you know that you have a steering wheel in your pants?"
The pirate replies "Yes, it's driving me nuts!"

Thank you. Try the veal. Remember to tip your waitress. I'll be here all week.

white collar

Reaction score

Drives me nuts.

Usually I'll be looking at a suit or something and the employee will says "oh that's a nice find" and I'll say "it was until someone destroyed it with this tag" don't even get me started on the number ties I find that are full of staples. One of my better spots got in 20-30 really great classic Brooks Brothers ties and rather than hang them on the $1.99 rack they double stapled tags RIGHT THROUGH THE TIE on everyone. I was gutted, still am.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Drives me nuts.

Holes in cloth should close, though, unless the staple or tagger broke the yarn or caused a pull. Pins and needles put holes in cloth, too. Holes in leather are a different story.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mixture of e-thrift and true thrift:

Wonder who makes these for Kilgour? Will have to check the makers/ID thread:

Corn suit, dual vent, single pleat, my size, and N/A

Celine, Limited Edition Trafalgars, and an anonymous hand rolled silk square

And some ties:

Striped one is definitely N/A...

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First thought

THAT"S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT

I love my job; love what I do.

But I also used to love the freedom of setting my own schedule and the variety of thrifting one day and doing my day job the next -- a very, very fortunate way to live, I know. But current circumstances are otherwise, and I just have to live vicariously through all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads