• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chotii

Reaction score
I finally found some "Damn Daniel"
Vans! :D

Yeah. I don't think they'll go for more than opening bid, but I only picked them up for the fun of it.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does one identify pocket squares/handkerchiefs when all there is is a small tag made in Italy? I saw one. It felt nice. No RN number or anything.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since "is this selvedge?" came up again recently, I thought id offer a maybe helpful tip:

really when we talk about selvedge -denim in particular - we're talking narrow shuttle looms. The shuttles are like a little boat, inside sits a bobbin wound with weft and as that shuttle gets passed back and forth the weft runs out. So you end up with tie-ins at the edges, just little tufts of yarn poking out of the very edge, where they switch out the empty for a full bobbin. bobbins are relatively small so there are typically a number of them on a normal length of outseam.

They should be at regular intervals and easy to see with the denimz inside out. I can imagine a scenario where this only happens at one edge, but you have a numbers of selvedges to inspect and they really should be easy to spot.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always go by the "if it's too pretty to blow your nose on it's a pocket square" rule

Your not supposed to blow your nose in a pocket square?!?! **** I really fucked up a nice Hermes one for no reason then....

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That feeling when you're wearing a baller ass Kiton tie thrifted for $2. Damn I love thrifting. 

Jacket: LBM, Yoox
Tie: HN White, heavy discount, bought here on SF
Square: Shibumi, retail
Shirt: Luxire, retail
Belt: Trafalgar, Luxeswap
Trou: Epaulet, SF
SocksL: Pantherella, TJ Maxx
Shoes: Sargent, bought from an SFer
--

Spoo I was thinking of you today as I approached the sunglass rack. And kept right on going when I saw the hot mess it was in. Just can't find the time to fux with it.

snackbandit

Reaction score
Just got back from a 5 day workation and ended up hitting two spots in Vegas on the way back from camping in Utah. NA on stuff for now, sorry!

High quality Zegna Couture garment bag.. sadly, the suit was nowhere to be found.

SuitSupply

Reunited 3 Varvatos made in Italy by Lardini orphans

Filson Wool Mackinaw field pants

2x Luciano Barbera wools

Kenzo bucket

Then these ******* teases..

Panerai hardcover and 2x 1997-2002 special edition catalogs. Watch Appreciation galore.

Ran straight to the watch case after finding these to no avail.
I soon started to imagine some dude in the sorting area rocking a 44mm beauty on his wrist :(

Athleisure thrift fit while hiking the Emerald Pools trail before doing Angel's Landing in Zion National Park:

RLX tech jacket - $20 Marshalls misprice
RLX base layer - $3 thrift
Nike shorts - Nike sale
Uniqlo Heattech tights - $8 Uniqlo sale
Salomon S-Lab Fellcross shoes - $15 thrift

Last edited:

colorvision

Reaction score
A few decent things from the weekend. Pelle Pelle

Ricci XL, V2 ~L

Made & Crafted

LV Uniformes, black wool

Best t shirt ever

Apolis NA, Paige sample NA, Finery et cie (formerly Fred Segal) nice, fits great but not lovin the spread collar

Ricci & Zegna ties

Bryant of Scotland cashmere turtleneck

Woolrich felted lambswool

No tags but didn't feel like leaving for half a quid

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@colorvision Hoping that Woolrich is a small/medium...

Edit: actually, you confused me with your 'quid' term and now I see you are based in LA. As you were, sir!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads