• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stuff from today and yesterday. Tried to fight through sickness to thrift, hopefully it's worth it at the end of the week. All available.

Vintage Tommy Hilfiger sailing jacket. N/A given to a friend.

Patagonia men's better sweater vest. Size L

Pastel patchwork madras. 46R.

Vintage Camp 7 down vest. Needs to be cleaned up. XL

J. Crew quilted workwear vest. Medium.

Patagonia retro-x(I think?) vest. Size XL.

Psycho Bunny pima cotton sweater. Large.

Z Zegna cotton blazer. Dual vents and ****. 42R.

Couple of Beatles records. Magical Mystery Tour has the color booklet in mint shape.

Couple of NWT tees. R&B XL, Vince XXL

Some NWT shorts. Polo Beacon shorts(42 waist, 36 waist is gone), Fjallraven shorts. 32-33 waist.

Missoni, Skeet, Viyella blackwatch, Vince

Polo big pony germany polo. Polo party shirt.

Etro, Crate Los Angeles chambray, T&A

J. Crew ludlow's on left(35), NWOT Billy Reid chinos(28)

Some ties and ****.

Tod's(9.5), some AE's that I need to clean and some Ferragamo espadrilles.

Sorry for the lengthy post!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dunno, i don't have any qualms with competition but i don't like to draw maps simply because i hunt what i hunt, they might hunt other stuff, etc etc.

seems to me other folks are just as well off with yelp and google as they would be with my advice. then again i thrift in a very desultory way but i do okay!

which reminds me, copped a ricci suit today. had to reunite and errythang.

snackbandit

Reaction score

Not true thrift, but since they were for personal use, I was happy to take a risk on the 13.5 sizing and 14.5" insole length

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few recent finds; not even close to everything, but it'll have to suffice. Between work and classes, I'm effectively doing 50+ hour workweeks, to say nothing of flipping-related activities.

Starting things off with an unstructured Isaia casual triple patch. 95/5 cotton/silk. Suprising lack of handwork for a fairly modern piece, save for some internal details. Measures in at a 42, despite being tagged a 46.

Caruso private label sport coat, pure cashmere. 42R.

******* puncture above the vent (through the lining too)
ffffuuuu.gif
but I'm not about to leave a Brioni green plaid country suit. I was so pumped to reunite this. 38 x 31

LBM 1911 Limited edition; love this sucker.
Linen blend unstructured herringbone w/patch pockets, 42. Little wear mark hidden among the herringbones, but dayum

North Face Summit Series 600 fill expedition parka, for those balmy days on the South Col

I don't always

But when I do... nicest Boss I've ever seen in my life- is "Tailored" a MTM line? Pick stitching for days; double takes for the flower loop and effing Carlo Barbera fabric. Made in Germany too! Slim-ass 40

Yohji! Dark olive green IRL. Size 5 (~42)

I typically leave obscure-shop-brand MTM/Bespoke pieces, but a for a 6x2 Zegna windowpane pure cashmere donegal with badass handwork (for $7.99, no less)... exceptions can be made. 42

Zegna Roma fit 'pane, 44

Belvest 130s double-vent w/purple checks, tagged 48, measures closer to a 46.

Goliaths report in! AE sharkskin split toes, 14D

Burberry London flannel flat fronts; tagged a 34 but slimmed to 30x29

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

TJGent87

Reaction score
I usually don't post single items but this one is worth it. I couldn't resist the urge "guys" lol. Consignment find.
40 R

I'll add these just because I think they're cool.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SomethingsFishy, can you post pictures of the other tags in that North Face down. Something seems fishy.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're coming thrifting with me, you're getting drunk.

I show up drunk. It's sort of my thing.

2016 starting off strong and getting better. Yesterday I was invited to join a multi-dealer gallery in the heart of Antique Row (http://www.westpalmbeachantiques.com). You can now find a small, curated collection of my better pieces at D&G antiques.

That's pretty awesome - congrats!!

I can totally see myself living in LA...muahahahhaha

...until you see how much housing is. My company asked me to move out there (they're based there) years ago and I called "nope" on that.

Pastel patchwork madras. 46R.

That thing is Baller DeVille!

rhz5001

Reaction score
Haha wow, so my made up scenario that was supposed to sound ludicrous actually happened to someone? *******, part of the struggle here is knowing how to navigate yourself to optimize number of stops, and that's something an out of towner could never do moving here, I could hit 10 spots to there 3 or 4, so I'll still give out my route, up for a challenge if they want to test.

And yes, it is all easily found out via the internet, so you can be a nice guy and save the person the trouble, or be a dick and tell them to search blindly for thrifts in a city they know nothing about.
T-3 Days

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you're coming thrifting with me, you're getting drunk. not only for the good times but for the fact that you won't remember where we went. @capnwes @GMMcL @brianpore can attest to the drunk part anyhow
Can I? I don't remember.
A few recent finds; not even close to everything, but it'll have to suffice. Between work and classes, I'm effectively doing 50+ hour workweeks, to say nothing of flipping-related activities. LBM 1911 Limited edition; love this sucker. Linen blend unstructured herringbone w/patch pockets, 42. Little wear mark hidden among the herringbones, but dayum
Holy ****
I usually don't post single items but this one is worth it. I couldn't resist the urge "guys" lol. Consignment find. 40 R
Holy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads