• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhhhh.....@rhyme that was all thrifted?!?!?

Jan 5th and the cheapies award for 2016 is locked up already?

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I am planning to win the $400 Million Powerball this week. If I do, I'll be sure to buy everything in @SpooPoker 's store and distribute it to everyone on here that needs it!

Should I get some new suits in New York or jump right in and go to Saville Row in London?

I know its ridiculous to spend any time imagining this, but its fun. Of the stuff I have, house, car, furnishings, clothing, I always wonder what would make the cut in terms of keeping it? Obviously family photos and special sentimental things, but is there really much else.

If I won, it would help the economy. So, you all should be rooting for me to win! We couldn't get @capnwes the new grill, but how about $400 Million for the Noble Professor? (If that ***** Wendy wins the powerball too, I say we send @drlivingston to kill her.)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I am planning to win the $400 Million Powerball this week. If I do, I'll be sure to buy everything in @SpooPoker 's store and distribute it to everyone on here that needs it!

Should I get some new suits in New York or jump right in and go to Saville Row in London?

I know its ridiculous to spend any time imagining this, but its fun. Of the stuff I have, house, car, furnishings, clothing, I always wonder what would make the cut in terms of keeping it? Obviously family photos and special sentimental things, but is there really much else.

If I won, it would help the economy. So, you all should be rooting for me to win! We couldn't get @capnwes the new grill, but how about $400 Million for the Noble Professor? (If that ***** Wendy wins the powerball too, I say we send @drlivingston to kill her.)

LOL. I feel the same way... I'd probably buy this house from our landlord to keep things on the dl.

As for what to keep? I'd probably stay mostly the same on the outward appearances... But I'd certainly have a newer car. Perhaps a Tesla Roadster for the summer months.

rhyme

Reaction score
Uhhhh.....@rhyme that was all thrifted?!?!?

Jan 5th and the cheapies award for 2016 is locked up already?
Yup all thrifted. Got tag pics and receipt.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd give everything I currently own away and spend the rest of my days traveling the world.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Pierre Balmain the same as the current high end Balmain? There's a suede-y type sport coat in a second hand shop for £2 near my office. It's way too big for me, but is worth it to flip? Or shall I leave it there.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Is Pierre Balmain the same as the current high end Balmain? There's a suede-y type sport coat in a second hand shop for £2 near my office. It's way too big for me, but is worth it to flip? Or shall I leave it there.

Unlikely. Balmain did a lot of licensing in decades past, like with YSL/Dior etc. I see dozens of pieces every time I'm out but have only found The Good Balmain 3 times.

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. I feel the same way... I'd probably buy this house from our landlord to keep things on the dl.

As for what to keep? I'd probably stay mostly the same on the outward appearances... But I'd certainly have a newer car. Perhaps a Tesla Roadster for the summer months.

A car? Just one? I would go to Barrett-Jackson and buy a fleet of cars!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give everything I currently own away and spend the rest of my days traveling the world.

reminds me of pulp fiction when julius tells vincent he plans to "walk the earth"

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A car? Just one? I would go to Barrett-Jackson and buy a fleet of cars!

I don't know about a fleet. I'd certainly have a few different ones for certain applications.

Like a WRX STi for getting to the slopes in winter, a Tesla for cruising in the summer, a Sprinter camper conversion, and probably a top of the line Forester for regular use. I still love those things... My wife could get whatever she wanted to go with those. ;)

And yes, I'd still pop tags in the thrifts...

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First trip of the season and not a let down, 25% off shoes today.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
Are vintage varsity jackets a good grab? The bay is all over the board. They are wool/leather and union made. I haven't seen too many of them since I joined here so figured I'd ask.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are vintage varsity jackets a good grab? The bay is all over the board. The are wool/leather and union made. I haven't seen too many of them since I joined here so figured I'd ask.

I'd say so! They're perfect for that preppy look.

Varsity jacket, black jeans and some chuck Taylor's or Common Projects Achilles and you're good to go.

Failing that, Nike blazers or Jordan 1s are the more college look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics