• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First store rare double pop.gonna be a good day.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH to @highvoltorb for such an awesome Thriftmas gift! I will post pics later. But, I'm wearing one of the ties right now! I love everything. But, the most exciting and fantastic thing is the pair of 1968 Nixon inauguration Cufflinks that were for the Inaugural Ball on January 20, 1969! I am a serious political history buff and I am very humbled that you gave these to me! Seriously!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First store rare double pop.gonna be a good day.
Dude, you are officially Mr. Consistent in my book. Seriously, every single day, you post awesome finds. Well done man, seriously.

white collar

Reaction score
I think I found a good item. Is there a way to check if they're legit? Not much for inside labels, just a small one that says "Balmain Made in Japan" and one for the size...forgive the blurry pic, the phone is acting up.

If this has been settled then sorry for beating a dead horse, these are fake. Depending on where you live some people snatch up fakes on craigslist, of course you want to sell them as such.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bow Ties, who's got some? Kind of in a bow tie fad right now.

div25sec9

Reaction score

Hey @div25sec9
 welcome back!

Thanks Wes!

I take a look in every once in a while, but this thread moves at a crazy rate. A couple days away and I'm 300 posts behind and lost on the current topics.

...once in a while when I need some encouragement because I'm dealing with a slump at the thrifts or a lunatic on ebay, I come in to see how hard you or Matthew are working; it gives me motivation.

...and for those who were looking into the Balmains for me, here's some more pics...

div25sec9

Reaction score

If this has been settled then sorry for beating a dead horse, these are fake. Depending on where you live some people snatch up fakes on craigslist, of course you want to sell them as such.

Sorry I didn't see your post while I was creating mine. Thanks for the input; from the amount of fake LV bags I see walking around here, they'll probably sell fast.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While on the topic of camo. Is this is or did I buy a $5 shirt to play paintball with? It's hard to tell when your standing there holding it.

Sorry man.

I think the rule with Tiger stripe is if it has a tag, its not the good stuff.

True is most cases. There are a couple exceptions. There is a repro company called Tiger Stripe Products that made well-made repros in the 80's that used tags. They're worth $50-$150, so not the home run that the original is but still well worth picking up if you find one. I think they have a small white collar label and will have this label sewn onto the back of the bottom placket. There is another variation of this label that has a small black printed "tiger stripe"stripe on the label that is used on jackets and pants. This label is probably different as it is from a hat. But yes, as far as I know, the original high $$$ stuff won't have any labels, just a black size stamp on the inside near the collar.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen a few "men's or women's" posts lately... do people not know the buttoning convention? From the wearer's perspective, left over right buttoning = men's, right over left = women's.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Nataku @tweets

Thanks guess I'll go as Rambo for holoween next year. Actually Rambo doesn't wear a shirt so that's out. No big deal over $5. It is hard to tell if the pattern is it though when your holding it but now I now how the tagging works I won't screw up again.

Ps @capnwes thanks for the awnser on the suit label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads