• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Pea

Reaction score
WORDS ARE BWRITTEN .....LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING...... FOR ME AND SAYING AND **** HAT IM NOT WRITING, IS THAT HAPPENING TO OTHERS?

TOL THIS DAY I;VE USED LOL USESARCASSTICALLY AND I STILL JUDGED MYSELF, DOES THIS LOOK LIKE DISPOSALPAPER USE?
@Jompso what?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that does happen to someone else.

Anyone else finding a lot of his ties lately? A lot more than usual?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are obligated to sell it to you - it's a contract, and all that.  But Karma says, let them cancel. If you let them out of the transaction, you're not out anything at all really. If you don't, That looks like a very expensive typo for them to have to eat. 

I bought a lot of 6 pair of shoes for the buy it now of $400. They were all high dollar croc/gator. But, the seller messaged me and said she wouldn't sell them. She said she decided later it was too cheap and she listed them individually. Of course I raised hell and called ebay and they said they couldn't make her sell them to me. The contract nonsense they say is meaningless. There is no enforcement mechanism through ebay.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here, I've been a semi frequent visitor for the past couple of months and decided to dive in. I just recently started thrifting, and it is something I do a few times a month when I have some spare time (mostly for myself, but have started picking things up here and there that others might like). I am interested in learning from everyone on here and seeing cool stuff. Advice is always welcome. Here are a few items from my last outing.

Hi, my name is Jonathan. I like ties. I'd be happy to take those Ricci's off your hands
smile.gif

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few recent-ish ties:

Couple of mint Horsies, including an uncommon woven.

Sure why not... When every other ****** Stafford and Jos A Bank tie is $7.99+

This one is quite nice. Would keep for personal stash, but I already have an RLPL with the exact color / pattern.
sly.gif

This was a really cheap E-thrift.

Would post more, but my eyes are jacked from taking so many late night photos. Bed-time.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
I bought a lot of 6 pair of shoes for the buy it now of $400. They were all high dollar croc/gator. But, the seller messaged me and said she wouldn't sell them. She said she decided later it was too cheap and she listed them individually. Of course I raised hell and called ebay and they said they couldn't make her sell them to me. The contract nonsense they say is meaningless. There is no enforcement mechanism through ebay.

The lack of enforcement on some rules does get irritating at times.

Had an issue about two years ago where I listed something that had a very obvious stain on it, but still felt it would be worth it to someone so I listed it at a fair price. I both took a picture to highlight the stain and typed an individual paragraph for it in the body, so no on would miss it. The buyer actually bought that item, and one other item, from me so I gave him a deal on shipping. He then left me negative feedback on BOTH items, because the one had a stain, but never asked for his money back/any kind of resolution. I emailed eBay saying that not only is he giving me negative feedback for something I made very clear in the ad, but he is also giving me negative feedback on an item for something that is not at all related to that item. Never heard a peep back from them. Not a huge deal (didn't loose any money as he never wanted a refund) but it was irritating to have my 100% positive feedback rating gone for a year because someone had buyer's remorse.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few recent-ish ties:

Couple of mint Horsies, including an uncommon woven.

Sure why not... When every other ****** Stafford and Jos A Bank tie is $7.99+

Nice find... I found a "Hermes tie" at a consignment store yesterday. It was fake as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads