Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

They are obligated to sell it to you - it's a contract, and all that. But Karma says, let them cancel. If you let them out of the transaction, you're not out anything at all really. If you don't, That looks like a very expensive typo for them to have to eat.

2. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

They can always just eat the negative instead. It's up to you dap. I've had it happen once. Wether I leave a negative or not is based entirely on their attitude with the cancel.

3. rhyme

rhyme Senior member

4. books and tweed

books and tweed Senior member

5. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I've fucked up like that in the past and I honored the sale, b/c it's not the customer's fault I fucked up. I guess I'd let him out of it were I in your situation, but I'd give him a tongue lashing in the process. Besides, if the dude doesn't want to ship it, you can't make him anyway.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

6. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

In Japanese "Chotto" means "just a bit".

#Winning
    Rat Rod bucket seat? perfect Garage chair.
    Sometimes, these are referred to as a "Great Coat". i have a green one. and they are all you need in winter. THE SWAG.

7. vexco

vexco Senior member

Shoutouts to @aging in rhythm for the dope shoes recently. Package tomorrow will make 3 recent pairs. Basically doubling my shoe wardrobe!

Shoutouts to @barrelntrigger for the package a month or so ago. Not sure if I ever got around to thanking you!

@Mr G from SD for the dope McQueen and @Cj52racers for 2 trades in the past 2 months which resulted in me getting dope shit. Also thanks to @colorvision for the women's Drkshdw selvedge.

Thanks guys! If you ever see me post something you want, just say it!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks very much for that - I kept running into that name too, and I sent him an email last night. If anyone would know I think it would be him. There is machine stitching, not hand stitching - and its made of silk.

Hopefully he gets back to me today with some info. It would be pretty awesome if this really rare!

10. TMAdidas

TMAdidas Senior member

Darn, too big for me :(

As much as I like Mugler, it's a little wild for my tastes.

11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Edit:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Anyone else think that Savers rides that line pretty closely/ They don't put out bins or anything, but they're 100% for profit. They make substantial donations to charities, but their primary business model is profit based; they're not a qualified non-profit (at least I don't think so).
    If you live in the NY metro area, skip it. Not just because you're my competition, because prices are getting out of hand, competition is absurd and the reward (by which I mean finding cool stuff) on time investment is at an all time low. Better bet is to trade with people here.
    I think Eazy beat me to it and has it right. The tone and tenor of treating that aspect of the coin was different -- a necessary evil and a much more subtle, subdued, gentlemen's discussion. It's more the focus now. It can sometimes be tolerable, but often more appropriate for the ebay thread (though of course there's a gray area). And as I've observed before, the thread is a living breathing thing that will evolve. It just is. But I too prefer some of the previous iterations.
    I've never not honored a sale; it's reportable. But it's up to you what you do. As others say, you may want to contact him and see if you can generate an IOU, without being too jerky about it. That being said, my personal opinion is he's being kind of an ass even asking you to cancel. That's the bitch of the free market. ----- I thought I quoted TJGent, but I guess not: HOLY CRAP! Congrats. Always nice to flip the jacket open to see that label, isn't it?

13. ahk11

ahk11 Senior member

Nothing major here but a significant haul for Newport News, VA. We don't have any high end clothing here so seeing this stuff pop up is practically a miracle. Based on the name in the Sammy jacket, a local high powered attorney decided to do a little closet cleaning and everything has wound up at a shop right near my office. All available

I don't usually pick up "346" unless its the older decent stuff but I couldn't pass on NWT linen. Pop on the mainline LP too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sammy SC, Zegna suit, Canali suit, Zegna SC
    [​IMG]

14. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Edit.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

dude, you ok? It's 530am and you're typing gibberish. I'm genuinely concerned for you.