• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the age of 15 years old, a man trying to court my mother decided he was going to teach me how to drive stick. So he taught me. On this..

Nice. I'm guessing he succeeded with the courting?
rotflmao.gif

Been looking for a new car, and I'm considering a 2011 - 2013 Subaru WRX or STi sedan. Those are Manual, so I will have to learn eventually. I'm 25, and I'm kinda pissed that I haven't learned stick at this point.
shog[1].gif
I know the basic mechanics and concept, but have just never had a (******) car to practice on. I can buy that car this Winter if I can manage to offload all the suits in my inventory -_-... ****, I could buy a Ferrari if I offloaded my entire workshop. #SpooPokerStatus

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro, you got mad respect for the epic grailz you've been pulling. I've told another member on here that sometimes, it's just easier to scroll pass all the text and thumb the grailz. Your blood pressure will thank you for it. Anywayz, might stop by LA, soonish...Let's go tear it up in this *****!
No other way around it, you're 100% correct. It's just not worth it..at all..ever. We're here as a community to share and help each other and getting into **** is counter productive to that and being combative to the status quo obviously is as well. New leaf, new me, I mean obviously I still gotta prove myself, but getting heated on here never fixed anything, if anything just made things way worse, just not the move, for anyone involved.

And you know me, 1. Always ready to thrift 2. Ready to hit whatever whenever, got no secrets here. When you're in town, grails is the mission.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm guessing he succeeded with the courting?
rotflmao.gif

Been looking for a new car, and I'm considering a 2011 - 2013 Subaru WRX or STi sedan. Those are Manual, so I will have to learn eventually. I'm 25, and I'm kinda pissed that I haven't learned stick at this point.
shog%5B1%5D.gif
I know the basic mechanics and concept, but have just never had a (******) car to practice on. I can buy that car this Winter if I can manage to offload all the suits in my inventory -_-... ****, I could buy a Ferrari if I offloaded my entire workshop. #SpooPokerStatus
Nope, let some little **** drive his baby and he failed, moms wasn't feelin it..haha

Now could you buy a Ferrari, or could you afford one? I'm really tempted to post my storage pic now..

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, let some little **** drive his baby and he failed, moms wasn't feelin it..haha

Now could you buy a Ferrari, or could you afford one? I'm really tempted to post my storage pic now..
*******! Do it! Bro, I'm serious when I say this. You don't need to prove anything to anyone more than what you've already proved by posting your grails consistently. I wish I could thrift 1/4 of what you pull in on a constant basis. Ok, I guess I'm done stroking...The ego and not the cock.

Been checking out your tumblr...F.U.C.K.

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******! Do it! Bro, I'm serious when I say this. You don't need to prove anything to anyone more than what you've already proved by posting your grails consistently. I wish I could thrift 1/4 of what you pull in on a constant basis. Ok, I guess I'm done stroking...The ego and not the cock.

Been checking out your tumblr...F.U.C.K.
Alright I will... and thanks man, a couple years ago I was really into it, I did essays on people like Hedi a long with a variety of stuff ....recently I've been slackin but postin finds started getting me a bunch of new followers so I guess I may just throw a few posts up right now and get back at it. It's a fun creative outlet for sure and going through backlogs of designer campaigns for photo shoots and **** like that, that stuff is ******* awesome.

Also dude, thank you so much. I know a lot of people think it may be easier out here than other places, but as I was just discussing with a fellow member who only came for a day with some spots I gave him, he doesn't know how its even done. Growing up here helps, a lot...but getting feedback for all the time spent like this means a hell of a lot too, so thank you.

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both.

I would also like to post storage pics, but there's a lot of stuff that's in heaps and countless bankers boxes... Not very sexy pics. I wish I had double the space and double the rolling racks to sort everything. I use terms like "The commes des garcons pile" and "sweater room" often lol. I'm working on cleaning and organizing it all right now to start working on listing it in an organized manner. Lately I've actually just been donating trash bags filled with stuff just to clear out space. Last bag was filled with Trafalgar belts I picked up years ago, misc. Tweed jackets and Lacoste Polos... Ain't no one got time for those.

But god damn. Every time I turn around there's another pile of AE belts or rack of HF suits that need sorting -_-. #Overwhelmed

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright I will... and thanks man, a couple years ago I was really into it, I did essays on people like Hedi a long with a variety of stuff ....recently I've been slackin but postin finds started getting me a bunch of new followers so I guess I may just throw a few posts up right now and get back at it. It's a fun creative outlet for sure and going through backlogs of designer campaigns for photo shoots and **** like that, that stuff is ******* awesome.

Also dude, thank you so much. I know a lot of people think it may be easier out here than other places, but as I was just discussing with a fellow member who only came for a day with some spots I gave him, he doesn't know how its even done. Growing up here helps, a lot...but getting feedback for all the time spent like this means a hell of a lot too, so thank you.
Bro, I know what you mean. Competition is fierce out there! Members like Nataku and Sngooz have hit LA before and they've told me there's a method to this game. You can't just expect to hit every store and score big because little, fat Hispanic ladies to the tall, lanky hipsters are all your competition! I got a few tips from members and I have gotten some cool stuff but there are stores I went to at a certain time, were all picked clean like, if you don't get there when new racks are coming out, you might as well not try to go through what's on the floor because you won't find ****. I went to a particular store that produce grails consistently but I went there at a time when it was dead meaning all the good **** was gone. But I'd thought I would try my luck. Guess what? I found an Etro patch pocket SC hanging there on the rack with like feet of gaps to either side of it. I was stoked BUT it was ******* moth buffet! No ******* wonder it was hanging there like a ******* corpse! Anyhow, from the PMs you've sent me, I know how much trouble and details you go through to do what you do. I respect that. I think you would gain more followers on here if you just post grails and leave the rest at the door.

Bros, my last run was a ******* bust...Only 5 items...Too lazy to post. Wish me luck this week! Gonna stay a bit closer to home and see what I find.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both.

I would also like to post storage pics, but there's a lot of stuff that's in heaps and countless bankers boxes... Not very sexy pics. I wish I had double the space and double the rolling racks to sort everything. I use terms like "The commes des garcons pile" and "sweater room" often lol. I'm working on cleaning and organizing it all right now to start working on listing it in an organized manner. Lately I've actually just been donating trash bags filled with stuff just to clear out space. Last bag was filled with Trafalgar belts I picked up years ago, misc. Tweed jackets and Lacoste Polos... Ain't no one got time for those.

But god damn. Every time I turn around there's another pile of AE belts or rack of HF suits that need sorting -_-. #Overwhelmed
When I moved into the office it was such an eye opener, cuz I didn't wanna move **** that I wasn't gonna be posting for whatever reasons. Not crap but stuff like you mentioned, or oprhaned HF jackets w/ LP wool (few of those), but just so much stuff in general you just wonder how much ******* money you've just tossed. If there's one thing for sure, and I have 2 20x20x20 storage boxes and one 16x16x16 all full to prove, it's that don't even bother unless you've got upfront and you're ready for a steep ass and sometimes painful learning curve. Thankfully it was all stuff I had on a couple junk racks that were just taking up space and from way back in the early months, nothing of recent or anything haha but yea, especially here with some of the prices, just gotta be smart about ****.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro, I know what you mean. Competition is fierce out there! Members like Nataku and Sngooz have hit LA before and they've told me there's a method to this game. You can't just expect to hit every store and score big because little, fat Hispanic ladies to the tall, lanky hipsters are all your competition! I got a few tips from members and I have gotten some cool stuff but there are stores I went to at a certain time, were all picked clean like, if you don't get there when new racks are coming out, you might as well not try to go through what's on the floor because you won't find ****. I went to a particular store that produce grails consistently but I went there at a time when it was dead meaning all the good **** was gone. But I'd thought I would try my luck. Guess what? I found an Etro patch pocket SC hanging there on the rack with like feet of gaps to either side of it. I was stoked BUT it was ******* moth buffet! No ******* wonder it was hanging there like a ******* corpse! Anyhow, from the PMs you've sent me, I know how much trouble and details you go through to do what you do. I respect that. I think you would gain more followers on here if you just post grails and leave the rest at the door.

Bros, my last run was a ******* bust...Only 5 items...Too lazy to post. Wish me luck this week! Gonna stay a bit closer to home and see what I find.
It really depends what areas you hit because depending on location you're dealing with different types. There's high end, there's mid tier, there's the quantity over quality, it's about persistence, learning routines, mesmerizing routines, and then re learning the ******* things because the stores will switch em up now to avoid certain times just being packed or whatever. I'm just glad my favorite spot has totally changed....there was zero new **** or turnover for months and it turns out cuz the last manager was back roomin all day. I found 3 Kiton Cashmeres and 2 Pure Cash Brionis at this place... Twice, first starting out almost.....anyway he got caught up and booted so they're back legit and **** is back on track....but in general, it's really dead here right now, donations are super low and everything, dunno about everywhere else but supply is on the downside at the moment here.

And best of luck as always, all about staying at the grind and not lettin **** get you down. This **** is ups and downs, we all get em and some can just be ******* brutal, but the ***** there, it always has been and always will be, maybe not today or the day before, but tomorrow is a new ******* day.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, I wish I were doing backroom deals all day with owners and not middle management and banging the owners' hot daughters all night.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit off-topic...

Copped some 4/5 oz Veg-Tan Cowhide at the leather shop today. Already got the pieces for a new CC holster cut out, shaped, dyed and ready to stitch together tomorrow. Does anyone else here do Leatherworking? And would anyone be interested in seeing some of my projects? Got a new wallet prototype coming off the drawing board and into the flesh next week, as well as new watch bands soon.

Tons of other stuff I should be doing, but I enjoy working on leather things late at night with some Sierra Nevada Pale Ales.
snork[1].gif

Beeare

Reaction score
It really depends what areas you hit because depending on location you're dealing with different types. There's high end, there's mid tier, there's the quantity over quality, it's about persistence, learning routines, mesmerizing routines, and then re learning the ******* things because the stores will switch em up now to avoid certain times just being packed or whatever. I'm just glad my favorite spot has totally changed....there was zero new **** or turnover for months and it turns out cuz the last manager was back roomin all day. I found 3 Kiton Cashmeres and 2 Pure Cash Brionis at this place... Twice, first starting out almost.....anyway he got caught up and booted so they're back legit and **** is back on track....but in general, it's really dead here right now, donations are super low and everything, dunno about everywhere else but supply is on the downside at the moment here.

And best of luck as always, all about staying at the grind and not lettin **** get you down. This **** is ups and downs, we all get em and some can just be ******* brutal, but the ***** there, it always has been and always will be, maybe not today or the day before, but tomorrow is a new ******* day.
I could use some hints on spots to watch in LA. I'm new blood, small time grabbing stuff mostly for myself, and I don't get to hit stores very often or in mass numbers. I don't really know any good second hand stores where I have a higher chance at scoring better stuff at good discounts. Just been sticking to true thrifts, mostly in the valley. If I could get even one baller item for my wardrobe every couple of weeks, I think I would be happy.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use some hints on spots to watch in LA. I'm new blood, small time grabbing stuff mostly for myself, and I don't get to hit stores very often or in mass numbers. I don't really know any good second hand stores where I have a higher chance at scoring better stuff at good discounts. Just been sticking to true thrifts, mostly in the valley. If I could get even one baller item for my wardrobe every couple of weeks, I think I would be happy.
PM...back room deallss...

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vexco Bean duck boots usually have the size imprinted on the arch area of the sole in block numbering. It can be subtle and easy to miss.

Folks wanting to learn to drive stick: my roommate taught me on a test drive car from a used car lot. He drove it off the lot and around the corner, we switched places and he had me shifting smooth in about 15 minutes. Obviously this only works if a salesman isn't riding along.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@vexco Bean duck boots usually have the size imprinted on the arch area of the sole in block numbering. It can be subtle and easy to miss.

Folks wanting to learn to drive stick: my roommate taught me on a test drive car from a used car lot. He drove it off the lot and around the corner, we switched places and he had me shifting smooth in about 15 minutes. Obviously this only works if a salesman isn't riding along.

Thanks man, will check for it.

Also @jompso I hope you remain healthy. I went through a lot of the same **** when I was 20. Just learn to give less *****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics