• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorta thrifted. Preseason game between the Nuggets and Bulls at Colorado University.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an update from a previous post, and a mystery...

here is a neat vintage piece of levi's leisurewear. branded snap buttons, typical of boys and women's jackets.

tags removed, but that's not the mystery. levi's has long outletted garments that don't pass qc.

here is the flaw - the bartack should meet the topstitching.

interior tag looks OK, but hard to read the model #. everything adds up, but...

...now for the weird part. white tab is a thing, levi's had red tab, orange tab, and white tab. You'll see both Big E and little e for all 3.
but the white tab stuff has black lettering. what is this green yarn? and it doesn't even look like it ever said Levi's?!

what is this?! any thoughts, spec-o-lation, wild-ass guesses, bulls-eyes appreciated...

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this tag? Attached to an otherwise unmarked, but luxurious and heavy houndstooth 7-fold tie.

Thanks,

AHS

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
It's been a motley, more rough than diamonds couple of weeks but it was punctuated by some interesting pops and a few things for personal use that I'm particularly happy about. Available unless otherwise noted.

Gamo, Hermes, Burberry Logo, kickass Altea tweed - All NA except the burb (the hermes has a light stain on the front, might sell if I can remove it)

Standouts:

Trifecta of Talbott avian ties, all silk/wool woven in England. Pheasant tie in middle is NA

Pickings have been slim as far as leathers go, but I'm not complaining:

40"

Alden (I presume) for Brooks Bros. Funny store, I found these shoes a half size larger earlier this year; they were ultimately a hair too big to work for me. These fit perfectly. Pretty dried out when I found them but some conditioner and polish did wonders.

Previous owner was kind of enough to fit them out with a pretty fresh Italian sole before donating. Nice.

Shirts? Shirts.

BB Golden Fleece. Pretty serious upgrade to standard BB shirting. Italian fabric, made in the states, mops. 15-34.

Saturdays (pop) pearl gray OCBD. XL but fits me pretty well. Grabbed for novelty, might use it for a shitkicker oxford.

NWT CP company military (sorta) (pop) shirt, made in Italy. 17.5

A truly sick Rubinnaci Oxford with a wild jacquard patchwork pattern. My size but a bit big. I really want to keep it, super nicely made and I've certainly not seen its like before.

Ralphie red stripe oxford to fill a wardrobe gap, nice big mops.

This is probably my favorite shirt find ever. Old ass states-made BB Fun Shirt, fits exactly the one one wants old Brooks Bros to fit. NA.

All business in the back. Sort of. Love the switch to subtle blue variations.

Pants

Including the nicest pair of shorts I've ever seen..

Pop! Never expected to find Vacca shorts. All cotton, 38.

Some M2 light blue twills from the ever-solid Bills Khakis, 32

Double Arr Ell cargo trousers, made in the states, 38x30

Been had donegal tweed trousers, made right here in the states. Size 36, all wool.

Tweed is thick as hell and well-speckled.

Some Billy Reid twill chinos for myself. USA made, real sturdy.

And lastly a bevy of brooks bros cords

All same stats.

To whomever it is that keeps donating Verdera pants in my size: don't ever let the world change you.

Although maybe get rid of some stuff in a winter fabric? Just a thought.

Some decent sportcoat finds. Not pictured is a cashmere Burberry London sportcoat whose moth holes I missed on my instore once-over.

I don't usually cop j crew, but I make an exception for ludlow stuff - especially when it comes in an italian fabric. 42.

Ditto for standard Brooks Bros blazers, but italy+LP fabric I fux with.

And I damn well never leave behind that good old BB madras. 38, pretty slim.

Giorgio Armani black label windowpane blazer in Reda super 120s. The fabric is soft enough to mistake for cashmere. 40R, made in Italy. Anyone recognize the tags?

And my favorite tailoring find for myself in a while-

A perfectly rumpled J press summer tweed with fabric by magee of Ireland. no content tags but the material is a gauzy sage green herringbone thats likely a linen or silk blend with wool. Planning to wear the hell out of it this fall. Funny, its kind of the inverse of the brown J Press Harris Tweed I found last month.

Some interesting outerwear comeups:

Pop! Sierra Designs 60/40 parka, L

"franco" had to mark his territory. I'll assume it was either Jame's or Dave's.

An old school US Navy slicker/poncho. A little beat but still pretty intact. Is this the vintage militaria I'm looking for?

Virgin wool Filson liner jacket, another pop. A standalone item from filson, although it would have been nice to find it with a matching tin cruiser.

Been had black linen safari jacket - shirtweight and really really cool. Has some damage on the shoulder so I think I may keep for personal use, although I'll have to get the arms slimmed.

Another new one for me: Beretta sport quilted jacket, 100% cashmere (!) with leather details, sick buttons, and a thermor lining. Has a bit of damage but way too awesome to leave behind. Made in Italy, 44.

And lastly -

Two copies of take ivy! Been hoping to stumble across this for a while :) one's for me, the other is available.

That's it fellas, may the thrift gods smile upon your endeavors!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a few things from today.

Ralphie

Cleo Irish tweed vest

FU

Eddie Bauer Filson knock-off

Real deal Filson double mack

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
I've been looking to snag take ivy for a while. Great find! I posted some finds before but now I'll post something I didn't grab which I probably should have. Had some stains that I wasn't sure would come out. Good ol BB madras.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's been a motley, more rough than diamonds couple of weeks but it was punctuated by some interesting pops and a few things for personal use that I'm particularly happy about. Available unless otherwise noted. Giorgio Armani black label windowpane blazer in Reda super 120s. The fabric is soft enough to mistake for cashmere. 40R, made in Italy. Anyone recognize the tags?
Sick haul! If the take ivy is available, Ill take it. And that Armani ^^ is fake.
You know you've hit it big when your suit fabric has diamonds in it.... :wow:
Gonna need waaayyyy more deets.
I've been looking to snag take ivy for a while. Great find! I posted some finds before but now I'll post something I didn't grab which I probably should have. Had some stains that I wasn't sure would come out. Good ol BB madras.
Noooo! Go get! Is that by the railroad tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads