The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. vexco

vexco Senior member

Those anachronorm's are 36 waist yes?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Fack! I need a 10 in superstars.

3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Briefly, this day was to be solely dedicated to moing and nothing else, but I had an appointment with a client at 830 this morning whho in turn gave me an amount to cosnsign that easily overflowed my 110 gallon bin I brought for all his stuff, and after that he said my favorite word, ties. He then proceeds to pull out a handful of my top three favorite piece of English silk still with tags, still in their sleeves. I was throughly over joyed. He then followed with the best looking makers I've ever seen, this beautiful piece from this new company, a new gorgeous Brioni, andthen what looks to be a dated Drakes, however you look at the makers tag and see the green type face and know you don't just have a Drakes tie, you have a Drakes private line tie. The resale isn't far superior or anything, but just the fact that this was the fourth tie out the bag he gave me after the previous, the decision was fucking made right there. It's 830 I have the whole fucking day, lets thrift this mortherfucker hard get yourself some fucking Ben Silver. The Hickey Freeman goat suede coat with the baby alpaca lining that was presented earlier planted the idea, the ties put it over the fucking edge. I apologize to the consigner being mentioned here even though he reemains with commpletel anonymoty, I didnt ask him to post these couple of things but I doubt he's against the free promotion....the following is what happened.

OH AND MY TOP GRIAL ITEM, THE PIECE THAT RIVALS ANY OF MY MAJOR KITON OR BRIONI HAULS, IS AT THE END AND HIDDEN, GO THROUGH THE REST FIRST, YOU'LL APPRECIATE IT MORE.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Never thrifted nice caps before, but for some reason I knew this one was money Old English firm, English hand made, Silk finish, leather detailing. I think I got it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Store needs belts and my wide selection of either Trafalgar or Coach and one Paul Smith sucks, so this was my net focus.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    SPOO doesn't have all of LAs exotics afterall
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Womens, but Wool and leather, its sweet so it was copped.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ferragamo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

An LV monogram that some asshole cut the end off of. It still is what it is and can retain its use but value has definitely taken a huge hit.
    [​IMG]

Now lets move on to glasses.

Some vintage Giorgio Armanis anyone?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Far and away the most valuable, a pair of never ever, ever worn Bulgari glasses, sucks there reading shades. I think dude ordered them then got lasik the next day
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And now for far and away the rarest and potentially the most valuable as they are in absolute mint condition, just depends on the buyer @PLaydice ..I know you aint up on these...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Needed to bolster my scarf selection but I believe that if your gonna showcase your hot shit you copped, you also owe it to the thread to show where you fucked up, cuz we all fucking do it. The one at the very top is JCrew, I fucking hate that scarf huge regret, the colorful one under it is an army issue scarf but it's part synthetic full ugly, made in China and a huge regret. To the left is a win, pure cashere from scotland. Under is pure wool from scotland but the company is questionable and no one I'd ever buy from. I like the scarf itself, but I don't want to attach my name to that thing selling it, big regret, waste of money. To the right is Frangi, generally known isa mid tier Italian tie manufacturer. This is pure lambswool made in Scotland. It's also bright and pale pink glen plaid, no dude wants that, regret stupid fucking buy. Laslty is a super dobe scarf. Awesome colors pure cashere, and all it says is made in England, true quality though you cnan tell, don't regret. But right there, I have my bad moments and there are times I wind up throwing away a shitload of money, this games a crap shoot sometimes if your trying to force something, which is the dunbest thing you can do in this game.
    [​IMG]

Building a very sizable collection of designer large silk scarfs, mid tier to premium, something for most budgets, this ones by Leanoardi, I believe Parisian.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a little better, the quality is superior the color dye transfer?print responds unbeleivably better with the silk being of a quality that absolutely destorys the previous, very small intricate details, tru quality here...Probably cuz it's Gucci but I could be wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

While were on the topic. Some more Gucci.
    [​IMG]

Still on the topic. Due to my frequent patronage, my strong relationships with the employees, and the credit card bills I run up, they wound up tossing this in for 5 bucks. It is very very real, had a hard time with the serial number and my comerago. But this repetns a bigger thing. I hav potentially solidfied a supply chain for extremely high end womens acessories 2nd hand but nearly brand new (my source will be pride from my cold dead hands) (never clothes) so I'm now starting to invest in them to learn them better. However these items will never be seen on here, they wont be thrift and I will only post menswea, this [ost is an exception, more to follow...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brand new Victorinox Computer case/briefcase for those with dicks, a vintage but NOS, leather with canvas tweed glenplaid Polo RL cluth for those without the dicks. Not luxury but it's brand new, I'm sure someone will want it, plus it's vintage polo that's brand new, instakop.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clothes now...obviously my favorite piece thrifted. Love those gorgeous shell buttons, so beautiful.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9999999 out of the very next number after that, this bull shit license jacket is left to the curb....however this one is beautiful and also happens to be absolutley unworn brand new NOS, oh and 100% cash. Had to pull that trigger.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ludlow mini check slim fit wool pants...NWT's, uh yes please.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kinda like a maroon, a very unique color and fabric, flat front, shit line but the pants are designed very nicely
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I decided to visit the only true thrift store in the city of LA. Where shit costs like 4 bucks and stuff. The following few items are what I actually walked out with, total after the last.

Wool vintage pendleton shawl collar cardigan pefect condtiion

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    An absolutely brand new, unworn, NWOT's Patagonia long sleeve polo sweater made of 100% wool, excellent quality.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A white Ermenegildo Zegna Couture dress shirt, flawless condition, most current model.
    [​IMG]

Not one, but 2 Magee, made in Ireland, 100% wool donegal tweed fleck blazers.....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    beautifully made....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh and lastly about those, they were both brand new, unworn blazers, never been worn. total for these items: 12.05... I stood there for a couple seconds and one word came out of my mouth "why?".... I then go why are they priced like that and the guy had to explain to me that that is just how things are priced there, that is how fucking foreign that shit is to me.

Back to my real world....
    Beautiful vintage Carroll and Co shetland woven in Scotland

[​IMG]

2 beautiful PRL Italy trousers. One partially cashmere, the bottom has flax or some shit I forgot, both brand new though.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My dearest friends, suits....
    Giorgio Armani Classico staple gray suit in a wonderfucl wool, specifically a Super 150s, I love it when they say super 150s.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now heres a purchase on another gray staple however its the product of domestic tailoring. However Martin Greenfield using LP Super 120s for Golden Fleece is probably the one guy youd want doin it here.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

One of my favorites although reslae is hard, my Fred Haymen dboule breasted peak lapel suits, or should I say belvest suit...Oh look they used my favorite phraise, Super 150s...this just got al ittle easier.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've seen them old, worn, stained, damaged, missing buttons, missing the belt, variatiosn not even made with a belt, hell I've seen this with price tags upwards of $295. But after all this motherfucking time, I fucking finally have an absolutely flawless condition, made in england, belted, tartan lined, Burberry trench. It's been a long time coming.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dope recent Carroll & Co Velvet house slippers, my size but I wouldn never be seen in these, not really my steeze.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Zanellas that are brand new in a brand new medium/metallic blue, flat front...new colors without pee can have their own post.
    [​IMG]

My second Smalto in the wild, love finding me some Smalto.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Beautiful charcoal 3/2 blazer with beige and blue window pane by Belvest for Bergdorgs, extremely recent, but no special wool.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forget the blazers, this has taken the cake as the days biggest regret. Just a total, utter piece of fucking shit. People buy it so that's good. I wonder about the stability of these individuals though.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A subline of Iceberrg that is wool outerwear coat with pile lined collar, kinda Eastern Eropean officer type steeze. Super rare so I have no clue on value, made in Italy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

walking out of one spot I spoted 3 flat fronts back to back, the most random ever. Bonobos, Zanella no pee, and Ann Demeulemeester.
    [​IMG]

Happend to use today as my bi-monthly ( at least) day to just go ham on those 1.99 marvelous pieces of silk that fetch me $25-30 dollars, with about 8% going for 20, however not single one get's sold under 20 unless it's a talbot Boc and I've owned it for longer than 3 days.

I could have been a total fucking dick here and laid out all 40-50 ties I copped, I didn't do that shit though cuz I don't fucking suck, your welcome.
    [​IMG]

I do like small animal foulards on ties that are brand new with tagsthough.
    [​IMG]

My 3 completely separate pieces of silk I have chosen to share, I only chose there own reasons.

Very nice looking Kenzo Homme tie, best looking one I have very seen. Constructed quite well, a welcome addition.
    [​IMG]

My very first cumberbund purchase, so POP...brought to you by no other than.... Brand new, still got the Neimans tags attached.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lasltly a Leonard, the tie that would actually possess the noteriety and demand (it does have this they go for a done) that Hermes has, if Hermes was Hermes. Gorgeous ties made extraidonarily well and they usually have absolutely beautiful silk pints on them. These are my favorite ties to find, slightly more rare than Hermes I think but same field...however thsi spefici line has me concerend, its a VIP line and it's not made in Paris. This may not be the very best example, but if they weren't place them firmly on your map, they are loud, expensives and extremely well made with and very well established secondadry market with a large loyal follwoing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for the grail of my perhaps life solely based on chance the coincedence of what I'm starting to get into. Now I am in no way posting this to brag because I know have seen this stuff and know that on occasion just crazy shit works but, but taking things like this, acquired in 30 minutes one Sunday night, and yes that's nine at the bottom....and putting them lower on the scale highlights what I've found and how impossibly improbable this thing ever happens. It certainly will never happen to me again I can guarantee that, but Kiton does not evade me for very long and I spent last week getting friendly with some Brioni. Sometimes the impossible occurs and you just happen to be at the exact right place at the exact right time, I guess this was my turn.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

or my favorite suit haul of '14

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bring these Spoo's up to magnify the true meaning I possess when this gets put above. When paying and getting ready to walk out, a lady drops in and donates 4 brand new bags, I look at them and recognize a coule, but one catches my eye and I grab it, they allowed me to exchange a dress shirt for it. It is sold out in ever store in the world and it is in the most rare color it comes in. But best of all, it has never, ever, ever been used. You don't find new in thrifts, you rarely find women's designer, and you never find authentic, but all of those coming together and it also being one of the most sought after accessories in the world? That just flat out does not happen. Those other finds were awesome but I had to pay a lot. This is more than just a huge come up, this is a fucking sign for feature endeavors, and that sign is pointing towards gold

I bring you the 2015 leather Fendi braided leather handle, Spy Bag, or I should say, THE Spy Bag, in the rarest color made. Peruse if you wish, ignore if you don't care, research if you don't believe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Bold claim...declaring complete superiority of all others tends to get people into trouble. I've reposted my best Spoo impressions in my post to make a point, they don't match nor surpass but they show that it's possible, but I would never claim that it only is for me.....and it tool like an hour and a half just to load all th eimages and then write commentary...I apolgize for your cold snacks.

5. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

The nine Brionis are awesome of course , the rest were meh.thats just my humble opinion so dont lose ur shit and think before u hit the submit button.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Smae Stuff, Different State...

[​IMG]

7. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

[​IMG] [​IMG] Glad you know me well enough to know i was busting your balls.

Spoo put in years of legwork. to get where he is. while we have been thrifting for a similar number of years, he saw the potential. and i only saw a pair of pants to do painting in. and nobody can surpass another while following them. i am on a different approach. being the first customer ever to walk into a room full of grails, and only walking out with the best.running small volume boutique SW&D. we all have a niche. and this is mine. i sell the shit you sell shit to buy. and then i buy more shit. then perhaps keep some. what i mean to say is, as a metaphor. Spoo is the MR McMahon of Thrift.but that doesn't mean you can't be the Roman Reigns of thrift. so keep at it.

and thank you for breaking the ice on Wimminz bags. [​IMG] will play in future.

Yes, i have thought about each member as a wwe entity comparison........ Curious?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

8. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

@vader...im curious go for it

9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Lose my shit? I was perfectly calm and just making a case for myself. Thank you for ranking my thrifts, this seams to be something that brings your great joy. I on the other hand am appreciative of what I get, happen to do quite well and able to support myself doing so. Those were mere examples, one stops, giant come ups. I've also been doing this for 1 year. How about you. Try learning to not judge people or better yet, demean them and accomplishments they have made just because you've been doing this for 20 years or whatever. I don't need your judgmental imput, I'm fine on my own, thank you.

10. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Uhhhhh ohhhhhhh but those pulls though... Fuck!

11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I was one of the few that never got into wrestling, for the life of me I'm curious because that entire subculture fascinates me. I want to know who you think I am so bad. I want a persona, an outfit, a phrase, I want it all....please advise at earliest convenience or when you have thought of mine.

12. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

@capnwes pulling the rare "Full Frontal Macklemore"

[​IMG]

13. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

I meant don't lose your shit to my assessment of your post,which you are doing.
    You are right I shouldn't judge ,but in your case i make an exception because you set the bar so high with pre post rants...if your gonna talk about how great its gonna be for 10 paragraphs it better be fucking epic...and it wasn't .I repeat nine brionis are awesome and I've never found That many on a month never mind a day so again That was fantastic ...the rest was stuff I leave behind everyday ,and the first portion wasn't even a find it was consignment.
    So again don't lose your shit to my comments ,just my humble opinion because my standards are pretty high.

14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Manager / promoter Jimmy Hart.

[​IMG]

15. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

I never realized how easy it was to Block a user....glad thats done