• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The crazy thing to me is how disconnected GWs are in general. There's little rhyme or reason from one to the next. There's one here that I spend thousands in. They know what I am doing, but they also know it benefits them. If I want a hangar, I ask the manager and he normally will just toss it in free. He will bargain with me on *********** case, you name it. He understands how much money I bring.

Five miles away is another GW I spend nearly the same in. They would fight me for a penny I found in a pocket.

Also, it appears @BarrelsWifey is a saint. That looks excellent

Bro, you should see the amount of **** she puts up with me.
I agree, all I'm saying is that there are plenty of ways to address this without bringing some Glengarry Glen Ross, "this watch costs more than your car," attitude into it.

******* love that movie!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, all true thrift. Found the shearling on a long weekend in LA.

...and now you've pissed off Jompso.

Beautiful coat, really. Congrats.
Hahah...Not gonna lie, slight tinge....but that thing is gorgeous, nice pickup.... Wonder which spot was blessed with that beauty...instead I spent the weekend still moving into the office...yep still...but the store goes off vacation mode and it'll finally be done Friday.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you have here is known as a "Forestry Cloth Cruiser". This fabric was available from 1922 - 1989. It was discontinued.... briefly brought back in 2012, and then discontinued again.

I once scored one in my size from Value Village for $5.99. Really nice coat, when it's not THAT warm out but you want a nice filson coat. Good score!

the ones that have come up on the gw website have actually had forest service patches etc on em. of course, not true thrift... sweet coat.

also, i actually had one for awhile made of denim, that was the levi's x filson collab. also a good variant.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In-jokes from the thread.

The Knowledge Box has been talked about for the past 2-3 months in this thread.
I'm more of a pop-up/picture book type of guy, but I guess I'll start reading.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a sport coatable bondage lang orphan from Natalya nataku. That thing is pretty sweet.

That Tom ford selvedge denim is a win but i can't help but to think he doesn't bring anything new to the denim game. Like it's great to own a tf piece and selvedge to boot but i don't think denim heads are his targeted audiance. I mean i rather spend about 370 on a pair of S510XXGA 25 oz. Than to spend 600 on a pair of tf.
Just to start off, the denim is like $950 a pop, but more importantly, that is why I was so surprised. Because denim heads are definitely not his target market. So the fact that he went out and was sure to have his denim constructed in such an amazing manner just shows how dedicated this man is to his craft. Everything he touches has to be the best and it's nice to see that such an easily overlooked garment from the fashion houses doesn't go over looked by him and that he did his homework.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell me there were pecans in those waffles!

No. I like them plain with butter with sugar free syrup. I know what's the point? I'm eating at Waffle House! But, too much sugar just makes me sleepy. Its probably my ADHD acting in the reverse of most people.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More randoms from this past month:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to start off, the denim is like $950 a pop, but more importantly, that is why I was so surprised. Because denim heads are definitely not his target market. So the fact that he went out and was sure to have his denim constructed in such an amazing manner just shows how dedicated this man is to his craft. Everything he touches has to be the best and it's nice to see that such an easily overlooked garment from the fashion houses doesn't go over looked by him and that he did his homework.

I think at this point, Mr. Ford is just plugging up holes in his men's wear offerings. Selvedge denim, check. A bit late to the party, I might add. lolz

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who is in fueco!?

Apparently all of you. I was wondering why it was uncomfortable to sit.

The thread was en Fueco, but Fueco was en the big city... Quick coffee stop at my favorite hipster joint...

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@drlivingston you know I'm gonna go Bahljs deep in those size 7s
peepwall[1].gif

And that haul wasn't recognized enough. HOLY ****

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The thrifts they've been good. Last two week especially!
WELCOME TO THE THREAD SIR
Well, time for me to post last weekend's AE haul. Not true thrift. Somewhere between true thrift and consignment. Either way, too much fun! None of this stuff is available right now. It will be used to fund a family vacation. Considering my backlog, I promise to have everything listed by this time next year (even that is an ambitious goal). Without further delay, I give you some Alabama discount pron. Everything is either NWT or NIB. AE for Brooks Brothers Shaker Heights 9.5D Brown
You has PM NATAKU - thats AWESOME that Filson!

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any flippers in the Greater Toronto Area?
I have a bunch of shirts I bought over the last few years but are too loose fitting and I don't feel like having them tailored. Only looking for like 60 cad for the collection of 27 shirts of which I would have paid about 10 each.
3 Zegna, 6 BB, 1 canali, 2 Armani, 2 Burberry, 1 Eddie Bauer, 2 Calvin Klein, 1 tommy bahama, 1 Harry Rosen bespoke, 1 Eton tux shirt, 1 boss, 5 polo and 1 Paul smith

They are like 16-17 neck

Here's some of them:

I've never sold any clothing in my life but I'd imagine you'd be able to do better than the $2.25

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. Here are the pics from today's Estate sale AND a few others from the weekend in Oklahoma City. OKC was not that great, but we mostly hit estate sales instead of thrifts.

We did score at one estate sale. A lawyer died and they were closing the office and I got a TON of office and lawyerly stuff that isn't all that cool except I saved a ton of money.

For example, I bought 6 inch three ring binders because they are outrageously expensive and with litigation, there is always TONS of stuff that has to be put into binders. The really good D Ring binders with locking clips and heavy covers are about $40 each! I bought 15 of them for $2 each.

I got lots of other boring office things (paper, pens, tabs, sticky notes, evidence tabs, rubber stamps, etc for about 5% of retail. True thrift prices.

AND lots of Cotton Bond paper. Have you priced cotton bond paper? Its like $50 for 500 sheets. I got it for $4. AND a bunch of ink for my fountain pens.

But, here is the more exciting stuff. Some odd stuff, some $$$$, and some ????

(All available, by the way)
peepwall[1].gif

This is a Gentleman's Valet. Remember the Kangaroo in Pulp Fiction? This is the Monkey version.

OKC Estate

I am not sure about this. Its a Levi's repair and customize Kit. I don't if this was a freebie sometime, but it was Levi's and interesting and it was cheap.

A Cool Scout knife, I have learned these are good profit if they are old and in good condition.

Leather Pistol Shoulder Holster (OKC Estate sale)

Awesome Leather Biker's Vest

Estate Sale Today even comes with a travel Jewelry Box. SUPER NICE leather.

Crazy heavy OLD wool pants OKC Estate

Nikonos V UNDERWATER CAMERA The estate sale today has TONS of underwater stuff. There was a guy there in the afternoon, that spent over $5,000 just while I was there. One of the lenses he bought sells for $1500 on ebay. I wanted to roll him!

Speaking of BDSM:

One of the nicest Cashmere coats I have ever seen or felt.

This says 42 Regular in case its hard to read

Now, this coat is BALLER!

Canali Wool and MOHAIR

A Vintage REAL DEAL Burberry Trench Coat Double Breasted with belt and D Rings NICE (52R Euro, so about 42 Regular?)

LowePro Professional Cool bag. But, what's inside is even better!

All these compartments for Cameras and Equipment.

Also, three Fountain Pens at the lawyers office for myself or to sell.

AND while on the Trip to OKC, my wife gave me my Anniversary Gift. A vintage (1950) New old Stock (never been filled) in the Box MONT BLANC Fountain Pen.

And more!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads