• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey quick question...

A little while ago, someone posted some "Kris Van Assche" sneakers / athletic shoes... I was wondering who that was, and if those are generally a good cop? I've tried doing a forum search for them, and tried going back a ton of pages... but haven't found the post with em. I know it was just in the past 2 weeks or so.

I saw a pair somewhere, NWOB... I stupidly forgot to snap a pic of em too, so I don't really remember the model. But if they are like some super grail streetwear item, I can go back or proxy em for someone.

Thanks.

*Edit: I think they looked something like this:

I'm completely clueless with that avant-garde streetwear stuff.

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey quick question...

A little while ago, someone posted some "Kris Van Assche" sneakers / athletic shoes... I was wondering who that was, and if those are generally a good cop? I've tried doing a forum search for them, and tried going back a ton of pages... but haven't found the post with em. I know it was just in the past 2 weeks or so.

I saw a pair somewhere, NWOB... I stupidly forgot to snap a pic of em too, so I don't really remember the model. But if they are like some super grail streetwear item, I can go back or proxy em for someone.

Thanks.

*Edit: I think they looked something like this:

I'm completely clueless with that avant-garde streetwear stuff.
They do pretty well resale wise, they seem to have a decent following (Shoes). Wouldn't say its GRAIL level, maybe to some. If you can pick them up for fairly cheap, i'm sure you won't have that much trouble moving them. KVA is like mid tier in terms of quality, and hasn't gotten much recognition, but some of their multilaces are sick. Than again, i'm mostly speaking out of ****** from what I see.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a shoe and looked inside. Was not familiar with this name.

This is what I live for... those big pops that are out there, lurking on shelves and racks.
smile.gif

Congrats on the POP. FYI, Norton Ditto is a high ends menswear store in Houston. I have seen this type of branding previously on Aldens for a Dallas menswear store. Just on one shoe and I almost missed it on a pair of non shell Aldens. The more I do this though, the easier it is to pick out quality shoes like Aldens from amongst the junk.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Those KVA's were like $80 at a consignment shop. I can probably get the price down a bit. I see a couple on Grailed for like $200 - 300... But that's Grailed. They were size EU 45, or about an 11.5 - 12 US if anyone wants a proxy.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watching the second episode right now! Have you tried minority report/ scorpion/blindsport/quantico?

Not yet. I got too many shows to watch. Need to catch up on ray Donovan, the stain, z nation, and a few more.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
morning tv show talk. How did Z nation progress, was a bit cheesy? at the beginning. Worth the watch?

Z Nation is very cheesy. Tongue in cheek humor. I think its worth the watch if you are a zombie fan but don't take the genre so seriously. So, if you like The Walking Dead but just not so dark, you might like the show. I mean for god's sake, it had a zombie baby in it. lolz The Strain doesn't have the greatest production but it's Guillermo del Toro. So, if you like him, you should give it a watch. Also, gonna check out Heroes Reborn.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Z Nation is very cheesy. Tongue in cheek humor. I think its worth the watch if you are a zombie fan but don't take the genre so seriously. So, if you like The Walking Dead but just not so dark, you might like the show. I mean for god's sake, it had a zombie baby in it. lolz The Strain doesn't have the greatest production but it's Guillermo del Toro. So, if you like him, you should give it a watch. Also, gonna check out Heroes Reborn.
I've watched both episodes of heroes so far, not sure what I think about it. Than again, I never watched the original. Let me know what you think

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:bounce2: Ooh, ooh, I've been looking for one of these in my size for years!
LL
:fu:
2) What's that fancy fabric that Palm Beach invented and made some stuff out of? isn't Bataya Weave is it?
^^ Palm Beach cloth?
Is that what it's called?
AFAIK. I think @Orgetorix posted about it once or twice.
Yep, Palm Beach Cloth. Generally only desirable if it says Goodall or Goodall-Sanford Co. on the label. If it says "Palm Beach Company", that's a later version that's not the real stuff.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats @Nataku , awesome haul! I spent the summer in Alaska and didn't get to thrift for a few months and then school started so I haven't gotten out much lately, but a few recent finds.
Todd Snyder

Isaia

Lulu

Barbour

Big ups to @Takai for a trade which got me one of these or a very similar one. Your box is going out today.

TheODGuy

Reaction score

Hey quick question... A little while ago, someone posted some "Kris Van Assche" sneakers / athletic shoes... I was wondering who that was, and if those are generally a good cop? I've tried doing a forum search for them, and tried going back a ton of pages... but haven't found the post with em. I know it was just in the past 2 weeks or so. I saw a pair somewhere, NWOB... I stupidly forgot to snap a pic of em too, so I don't really remember the model. But if they are like some super grail streetwear item, I can go back or proxy em for someone. Thanks. *Edit: I think they looked something like this: I'm completely clueless with that avant-garde streetwear stuff.
It was me whom picked it up. It was a pair of "Multi-lace" Lows. KVA has a good following, and do pretty well on those "other sites. I wouldn't consider them a "SUPER" grail SWD item, however definitely rare to find within thrift stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads