• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeves345

Reaction score
At the same time?
That's an Americano. Similar to but distinct from the flavor of black coffee.

On a thrift note, I ended up soaking and stretching the Polo wool sweater I got. Managed to get it to fit pretty well. Definitely intended for thin guys, but the arms and waist are now at a proper length. Now I just have to get fit before the weather gets cool.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could of sworn I had Grenadine this time, can anyone confirm? And the maker is by Drakes?

Shout out to for the heads up @Jompso

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color is making it hard to tell for me if it is gren or not.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
@playdice or other Polo dudes

Have you seen this tag before or does it look suspect? Its greenish plus the RN # is different than the usual 141381. Spotted on a Western denim shirt.

A bit hard to tell but its def green. Not as green as polo country but not the usual blue tag.

Last edited:

glam922

Reaction score
Continuing on my thrift adventure I've just come back form a GW near my office...
I don't have pictures yet but I have picked up a few things:

• 1 BB makers tie. nothing Special
  • 1 Brioni tie that was under the counter in a glass display. I had the curiosity to ask the cashier to show me the tie as it looked nice but I could not see the Brand. Haha. priced 10$ instead of the regular 3$ but brioni :eek:
  • 4 or 5 PRL and RLBL shirts. most should fit me and are in good condition. otherwise i'll put it for sale.
  • 1 Yves Saint Laurent suit (jacket + pants). Looks a bit old but in good condition (wear sign on the crotch, but no holes/stain)
  • 1 3pieces suit YSL light beige, but I could not find the pants! Damn. i have the vest and blazer. Same size as the other YSL. I gambled and took it.

the YSL suits are not my size so they are available. Was it worth it?
I'll post pictures tonight.

Also, there were 2 sc and 1 suit from Ralph Lauren Polo University Club. 1 camel hair sc, 1 tweed sc and 1 suit (tweed I think). All in 36S I think. Should I have picked that up?

sashae

Reaction score
The addiction continues.

Zegna "traveller micronsphere" for Barney's 100% wool:
19842104503_8daff7b094_b.jpg

19840385244_0a2806828c_b.jpg

20274916480_7f29d9a092_b.jpg

HF for Barney's cashmere/silk navy/white pinstripe:
20469287551_d15288a705_b.jpg

20274918600_a4a4189933_b.jpg

...and the big winner, 44R Kiton for Bergdorf Goodman green windowpane 100% cashmere jacket with surgeon's cuffs.
20454322812_3130c018ef_b.jpg

19840391374_13fd23948c_b.jpg

20275001818_275f28e492_b.jpg

19840387054_9b1be554fc_b.jpg

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continuing on my thrift adventure I've just come back form a GW near my office...

• 1 Brioni tie that was under the counter in a glass display. I had the curiosity to ask the cashier to show me the tie as it looked nice but I could not see the Brand. Haha. priced 10$ instead of the regular 3$ but brioni
    redface.gif
  • 4 or 5 PRL and RLBL shirts. most should fit me and are in good condition. otherwise i'll put it for sale.
  • 1 Yves Saint Laurent suit (jacket + pants). Looks a bit old but in good condition (wear sign on the crotch, but no holes/stain)
  • 1 3pieces suit YSL light beige, but I could not find the pants! Damn. i have the vest and blazer. Same size as the other YSL. I gambled and took it.

Also, there were 2 sc and 1 suit from Ralph Lauren Polo University Club. 1 camel hair sc, 1 tweed sc and 1 suit (tweed I think). All in 36S I think. Should I have picked that up?

If that "B" in RLBL is "Black" and not "Blue" I would have picked those up. Probably the Brioni tie as well, if it was a good pattern. Everything else is a no. Here's a link to the thread starting about two years ago. Instead of hitting stores and making purchases you're not sure about, stay home and do some reading from that thread.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

• 1 Brioni tie that was under the counter in a glass display. I had the curiosity to ask the cashier to show me the tie as it looked nice but I could not see the Brand. Haha. priced 10$ instead of the regular 3$ but brioni
    redface.gif

Most (highlighting before someone throws up a PRL shirt that sold for mad money) PRL shirts are not worth picking up unless for self use, they sell for ~$10 on the Bay. When you say RLBL do you mean Blue label or Black label? Huge difference in pricing. Blue label is on par with the Polo stuff but Black label is a little higher quality and almost always an automatic pickup. YSL unless Rive Gauche is licensed and not really worth anything. Polo University Club is probably not very interesting although some of the made in US does Ok and 36s is a desirable size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads