• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would think that this would be a must have for most Browns fans
Meh, I'm not huge on em. I'd rather pass it along to someone who will love it. The cotton is out of this world.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My b, I defer to the knowledge of the thread.

NP mate. It can be hard to tell genuine articles from fakes at first, unless you have seen / handled a lot.

I remember when I found my first "Hermes" at Value Village for $2.99. I didn't know anything about them other than that they were rare and valuable. I was exploding with joy when I first got it... Only to come home and research it, and find out that it was clearly fake. After that, I researched the hell out of them to make sure I never bought another fake again.

That was roughly 2.5 years ago, and since then I've acquired 6 genuine articles at true thrift. I'm not really a "Collector" in the true sense of the word. I'm just collecting them and taking care of them until I can sell them for a good profit.

That reminds me... I should post those 6 on here and brag about them.
rotflmao.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
im leaning real on the hermes.

Just how much are e-thrifted J. Lobbs?!! Also, did that dude on IG every get back to you on those Florsheim Shells?

i think i paid 200. this was like 5 years ago though.

he did, thank you!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was also thinking real @impuntura . The fakes I've come across have been really terrible, though maybe I just haven't happened upon the "good" fakes.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
I met a guy in a thrift once that was buying silk scarves to use as patchwork wallpaper.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. As an Hermes Collector, and having handled several fakes... It just doesn't look "Right". It's like Gold. When you see the real stuff, you just know it.

Let me show you a big thing that caught my eye (besides the colors and bleeding, etc).

Here is a legitimate Hermes with your design:

Let's zoom in a bit on an area:

You see the White / Black vertical lines in this border? They almost resemble keys on a Piano. Notice how the lines are all perfectly straight, perfect width... very uniform. The thicker Black lines are very thick and bold.

Now let's examine a similar area on yours:

The lines appear to be somewhat crooked in areas. They are kind of splotchy, and are not all the same uniform width. The pairs of thicker Black lines are barely wider than the thinner lines, and are not very bold at all.

I would have to strongly suggest that this item isn't Genuine. Sorry mate.
You may very well be right.one thing though the crooked lines are due to the scarf being very wrinkled.i agree on the blotching,however that could be due to age?there is a 69 on the content tag? But then again its too vibrant to be that old.ive handled a good twenty or so of these,three were fakes.very saturated pale colors,but this one i dont know.it popped right off the rack,very rich colors.spoo ill leave the final verdict to you...

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I met a guy in a thrift once that was buying silk scarves to use as patchwork wallpaper.

Women / cashiers always give me strange looks when I'm sorting scarves... and even stranger looks when I purchase some frilly pink one lol.

I just smile and walk away holding a multi-hundred dollar piece of silk.
sly.gif

spoo ill leave the final verdict to you...

angry.gif

laugh.gif

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women / cashiers always give me strange looks when I'm sorting scarves... and even stranger looks when I purchase some frilly pink one lol.

I just smile and walk away holding a multi-hundred dollar piece of silk.
sly.gif

angry.gif

laugh.gif
I know the look you speak of,i got it today.along with looks that could kill from the dandy broad behind me,she knew what i was holding.
If its a fake will make a nice wall hanger,i frame a couple of them.paid 2 bucks canadian so not gonna cry over it but i think its legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skiebidopapap