• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takai

Reaction score
Almost forgot, this happened a couple days ago.

Transitional 60s/70s flare leg mens wranglers.
Going to try to have these slimmed, and shortened so I can wear them.

white collar

Reaction score
Stopped by one of my shops after a stressful day at work, really looking for stuff for the girl. Wound up walking away with a fantastic really recent Trussardi slate blue linen dress, a James Perse Shirt, and a really Chavarific D&G shirt, and on my way out snagged some mens Ray bans, and Serengetis. Hit another store for some large Kate Spade shades with case, and a couple vintage bandannas.

Flea market tomorrow for the first time in a while.

James Perse is the ****, women look really good in it, from my experience anyway.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J crew cord, BB super 110's, Vtg. BB tweed

Lo

Lo sport

REI oiled cabbie, Vtg Lo

Lulu

Takai

Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This NEVER happens to me, and probably never will again, in this town. If there's such thing as a ties-only thriftening, I think I just had it.
It started with a lonely Borrelli in the women's scarf section. Then it exploded.

I'd never heard of Battisti before, but they're super nice. A few are 6-fold, and a few have this weird pocket in the lining.

Seventeen Brionis were the least interesting of the lot.

Pop x 3 Luigi Monaco, 8-fold.

Kiton tie pop x2, and Corneliani 6-fold

And the rest of the Borrellis:

Mostly 8-fold.

Some of this lot have small pulls or marks, and a few are never worn, with the string from the original tag intact. All are intact, and will make my store more interesting than usual for a few weeks!
Like I said, this never happens. I'm going to be high of this for a week.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Pants thriftening live. 36W guys, get you PM ready

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

One stop. This woman apparently worked for RL in the 90s and bought some very iconic pieces. I appreciate her very much for that.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Everything in this post except the crocodile DK belt and the antique silk kimono is Ralph Lauren. Most all of the military pieces are runway from the 90s, the leathers, motorcycle jackets and shearlings are all uber recent and purple label / USA made / collection and retail at like 5K+ each. Most everything is NWT deadstock. The flag t shirts are original Polo bear 90s NWT, the scarves are all vintage 90s deadstock. The pillows are goosedown filled and one has a tweed back. The book is a limited edition 40th anniversary collection. The NWT deadstock sequin top I need to do a little more research but I think was runway from 93 or 94, is NWT and was $2000 in 90's dollars, so like 5K today. The shoes are all crocodile. Whereever you see fur, its either real astrakhan or mink. I think the coolest things in here are the kimono and the pencil actually haha. The Polo Sport flag is a gem - deadstock, NWT, made in italy and a tremendous like 90". You can hang it like a flag. I don't think there is another collection of vintage Polo like this that exists and now its mine mine mine!!

How.Do.You.Get.It.All?

Seriously, do you just see the rack and say I'll buy all of this right now and roll it over to the purchase desk? I just imagine people fighting for this stuff like at some thrifts... How in the world... Amazing! I really need to get more in to estate sales. Wow...

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

But you live in Florida.

not for much longer if Spoo keeps bringing in estate sale hauls like that...

Shot in the dark here. No idea if this is actually signed or printed. Not an actual poster. Whatever it's printed on has a unique texture that I tried to capture int he close-up photo. Will I end up returning this thing?

I couldn't tell on my phone earlier, but now that I'm on the computer I'm pretty sure it's not pencil signed. I found one example with the exact same "signature" that sold at auction for $150 (not the one linked above). You should be able to get that--maybe more with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads