• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@eazye if you gain weight, hmu
1f61c.png

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some modest finds from a little backcountry thrifting today (plus the balance of what I got with Wes).

Wrangler/Blue Bell blanket lined chore coat (a biggish 42)

NWOT deadstock Woolrich MIUSA Upland Game pants. Unfortunately a bit faded from being stored, which I didn't notice in store.

TONS of camo in these stores. Don't know enough about it, so all I got was this super cheap woodland M-65.

6" Bean Boots. Need a little love, but lots of tread left. Size is worn off. They're a little big on me, so they're probably a 9 considering how big Bean Boots run. Maybe a 10.

NWT Browning heavyweight OCBD.

NWT PRL cords

Vintage flannel

A few fodder ties, madder, and untagged braces.

Also got a Massimo Bizzocchi that didn't make the photo for some reason.

Last edited:

Edmonton

Reaction score
Same stop, found this bespoke suit, and it fits! Made for the creator of a local custom made menswear company, www.suitsbycurtiseliot.com. I'm contacting him to learn which materials were used here.
Soft pink pinstripe, pink buttonholes and gorgeous diamond pattern lining.

No tags whatsoever, but custom made for the owner of a local bespoke tailoring shop.

I contacted the original owner of this suit and it's a cashmere wool. Better still, I have an appointment with him tomorrow at his shop. He generously agreed to have the suit altered to fit me! I'll find out what mills he uses and what price range he's in. Albertans, feel free to PM me for the deets.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Packing a suit up to ship. Notice this. No clue how I missed this. :fu:

Any idea what a tailor would charge me to fix this? Not a rip, stitching just came loose. About 3 1/2" long near the armpit where the sleeve attaches to the suit.

Not sure how much business you give to your tailor, but I would think if you go often enough, he/she would do that for free. That's a super easy fix. Should take no more than a minute or two.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty awesome, NWT deadstock Pierre Cardin/Henry Rosenfeld tweed suit carrier. Not expensive or rare, but cool none-the-less. 3 clams.

Canali Super 120s. 36" waist, single pleat. Only if they were 32.
plain.gif
4 clams.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Nobleprofessor requested i find some LV at reasonable, personal kop prices. here is a sample of the search:

hey, it's cheaper than Ebay. and i get to inspect it. might be time for a new gym bag......

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm likely not the first to accidentally list an item for international sale, that being said I just sold a heavy loden coat to someone in Argentina. Any tips or pointers for inexpensive international shipping? Thanks!

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick fit at work this morning... 100% thrift

Shurt: Burberry London
Sweater: LP baby cash (that was a good day)
Pants: Bagnoli
Sh00z: Sutor Mantellassi

I found a bunch of stuff last night (including an Isaia unstructured triple patch) but I was more excited about the framed salmon serigraph. Ichthyologist at heart.

Deets/pics on clothes later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics