• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, here's one. Generally speaking, LeSportsac bags/purses/etc are worth flipping; for Tokidoki for LeSportsac, multiply that by 2 or 3. So I was excited to find this purse today. You see the problem. Fiog? Ocpopus? The rainbow zipper is also wrong. And the faded, badly sewn ribbon trim that says 'LeSportsac'. My excitement at finding Tokidoki overrode my red flags. :/
I would imagine this came from the lane street store. Theres alot fakes that roll through there. They stockpile the real deal stuff for the glitter sale.

freehand

Reaction score
Here's my **** up from yesterday:

BB Golden Fleece blazer, 42R

So it's a **** up because I probably paid too much for it (£25) and it's missing a cuff button, which I didn't spot. It also has a very tiny hole on the back, which I didn't spot. Otherwise it's in fantastic condition! So what's my best course of action here: flip as it is, find another button, sell the buttons separately and burn the jacket with fire? If someone here wants it, it is yours.

Some things that aren't **** ups:

E-thrifted this Aqua 5 that someone kindly posted on the Desiderata thread. Fits great, in great shape including zip out lining:

These are ties

Pop on this Sean O'Flynn shirt. Maybe unworn. 18" collar though - big lads get at me.

Nice Canali, 15 3/4

My favourite find yesterday:

Has some great wear! Will need to dig out @capnwes 's post on restoring a briefcase. Also, one of the little springs has gone in one of the locks meaning it doesn't do that nice "snap" open. But I love it.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I know, right? I got a bevy of PMs as a result. I'll get to you everyone in the order that they PMed as soon as I decide whether I'm going to keep it, which was my original intent, or trade it out!

I did! I did! :) I got a blue one about a month ago for $41 or so. Was in mint condition too.I assume you're talking about something more recent than a month ago?

That's the one! I'm assuming you found it the same way I did and I was sure it was another forum bidder I was against. Sorry about that, one of us could have gotten it for around opening bid I'm sure! I actually sent the seller a message asking if she'd do a BIN on both, but she turned me down to let them ride. Ironically, my offer would have been more than she got which is why I gave up on the bidding, I was a little bitter and didn't want to push the price up further :D

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I HATE to agree with him but he's right.you can't just claim you thrifted a Rolex and then act like it didn't happen.if you fucked up and got a fake so what everybody makes mistakes but put it to rest already Jesus .
Really? This whole time Im sittin here thinkin we had such a good thing goin, me and you......honestly though, I don't know what I ever did to you but I guess it left a mark. I stay out of your business, I don't comment and I don't approach you in negative fashions, I have zero ill will towards you man, I respect your gind, I do oppose the idea of puttin down others with rebuttals after they have spent all day out in the feild spending their hard earned money and then posting **** they are proud of just to be shown up, this is something that I don't understand....but thats between you, yourslef, and them, your all good with me man, but as wel all are, you are freee to feel as you wish. Best of luck to ya in the field.....oh and with rebuttal challenges and stuff, maybe you challenge me once, I mean I too have a camera, and also a few pics, and the best of all, the fact that what I have posted on this thread is probably less or 10% tops of what I have in the adjacent room, all very readily accesble.... but hey I mean I've only been at this for a year and a month...take gamble with a fellow, quite formidable, professional..... and maybe see why doing **** like that to people is something that doesn't make this thread and whole thing fun for any/everyone.. The thumbs up button works great to show people you like what they've grabbed and it also makes them happy too because people are appluading their ability, their knowledge, their hustle, and it makes all the driving and the money spent and everything worth it cuz they receive positive reinforcement from people, that it was a good day spent and they made some great finds and investments, whether for themselves or to make a buck.....Just thought I would try and put that into perspective...but hey, you choose whichever road you please, it's a free world, I'd play it safe though, I could possibly still technically be referred to as a rookie in this game, while your like a decade or so deep in it, meaning you must have a cache of pics longer then a decade of doing this non stop, I only got 8-9 months tops of actual quality...the first 3 were purely learning and pulling mostly ****...but after those rough few months, **** kinda clicked for me pretty fast and believe it or not, but I do alright...., so lets both choose the road where we just chill out and stop this behavior and move on like adults, while acknowledging and respecting the fact that we both know what were doing and aren't too bad either, like professionals do

Last edited:

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is Robert Graham called 'skeet'?
First research lil jon, his affinity for the word skeet, and it's subsequent definition, which will most likely not be found in Websters....Then take the garments themselves into consideration, factoring in the fact that none of us would be caught dead in them and all the uses they could have that would be better than wearing them that treats them like the true pieces of **** they are...you now know why they are called skeet rags....but People like to be our skeet rags, ebay had to close that specific section for legal purpsoes so we have to be post them with all other shirts now, but their true identity and best usage still remains. (ebay did close that sectioin with dudes posting sweaty socks for like 500 bucks and ****, most likely for legal reasons, but that part was a joke that I quickly realized you would probably not catch)

Last edited:

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
Ok, one funny fail, I've posted this before but maybe someone hasn't seen it. Bought some NWT Levi's cords

Is this Corni?

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kind of a random thought but as much as i enjoy the brags i also like to see the occasional fail posted on this thread too...

not out of schadenfreude or anything, more like it's just part of the game, ya know? takes confidence to be like "yeah i was kicking ass until i got ****** kicked" lol.

as you were.

Blues, in the past week or so I have had to leave Brioni three times. All in separate stores on separate days. First two were older ties with stains, never would have given them a second look if not for the brand so no big loss but I did leave a sportscoat behind for the first time. Killed me to do it but there was too much damage in more than one spot, did not have the cool blazer buttons and did not fit me to keep for a fun beater. I must have spent ten minutes carrying that things around the store going back and forth. Were I to sell directly I still probably would have bought it for $10 and just tried to double my money but as I only trade or sell through SPOO, it just was not worth anything to me (stopped there yesterday and it was gone so someone decided to take the plunge.)
When I have found it, I have been pretty lucky that the higher level stuff has usually been in at least good condition.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? This whole time Im sittin here thinkin we had such a good thing goin, me and you......honestly though, I don't know what I ever did to you but I guess it left a mark. I stay out of your business, I don't comment and I don't approach you in negative fashions, I have zero ill will towards you man, I respect your gind, I do oppose the idea of puttin down others with rebuttals after they have spent all day out in the feild spending their hard earned money and then posting **** they are proud of just to be shown up, this is something that I don't understand....but thats between you, yourslef, and them, your all good with me man, but as wel all are, you are freee to feel as you wish. Best of luck to ya in the field.....oh and with rebuttal challenges and stuff, maybe you challenge me once, I mean I too have a camera, and also a few pics, and the best of all, the fact that what I have posted on this thread is probably less or 10% tops of what I have in the adjacent room, all very readily accesble.... but hey I mean I've only been at this for a year and a month...take gamble with a fellow, quite formidable, professional..... and maybe see why doing **** like that to people is something that doesn't make this thread and whole thing fun for any/everyone.. The thumbs up button works great to show people you like what they've grabbed and it also makes them happy too because people are appluading their ability, their knowledge, their hustle, and it makes all the driving and the money spent and everything worth it cuz they receive positive reinforcement from people, that it was a good day spent and they made some great finds and investments, whether for themselves or to make a buck.....Just thought I would try and put that into perspective...but hey, you choose whichever road you please, it's a free world, I'd play it safe though, I could possibly still technically be referred to as a rookie in this game, while your like a decade or so deep in it, meaning you must have a cache of pics longer then a decade of doing this non stop, I only got 8-9 months tops of actual quality...the first 3 were purely learning and pulling mostly ****...but after those rough few months, **** kinda clicked for me pretty fast and believe it or not, but I do alright...., so lets both choose the road where we just chill out and stop this behavior and move on like adults, while acknowledging and respecting the fact that we both know what were doing and aren't too bad either, like professionals do
This is why,because you are long winded and make everything about you.I agreed with you ,but also made a side remark that I don't like doing so about a topic totally unrelated to you (Takai) yet you couldn't resist typing an essay.here is what happens next,you will type up another wall of persecution complex drivel,how you're done etc etc.
Then your gonna come back later after you took your meds ,rubbed one out ,or whatever calms you down...
Apologize and do the thing over again in a week.rinse and repeat

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also if you really wanna know my opinion,and you really are gonna lose it on this one
I dont believe for a min those are thrift finds,my estimation is 25% true thrift,25% ebay (proven) and 50% consignment store (or somebody is consigning with you and ur posting some rich dudes swag.yes you will deny and you have a right.but ive been doing this for a long time so i have an opinion.yes u live in LaLa land but toronto is no slouch with over 5 million people in the GTA and over 100000 known millionaires so gimme a break.
I wont respond to anything else so dont bother.
Thanks and have a great day.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ReubenR

Reaction score
Motion to leave @Takai alone and let the rolex issue die? Maybe it's fake, maybe its taking too long to get authenticated or repaired, maybe he's giving the original owner a chance to reclaim his mistake, maybe he had to flip it quick to score some choice denim. If he eventually posts details and pics, that'd be awesome. If he doesn't, I'm sure he has a good reason. All I know is that if hounding him hasn't produced results yet, it's not going to. I'd hate for him to quite posting because of something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads