• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ezev

Reaction score
I tried on a few of the jacket models the other day. I’m considering the set in brown wool seersucker or the slate wool silk linen blend.

I tried on a jacket in walnut, which had matching pants, but it didn’t come
off as casual as the others. All that to say I think fabric choice makes the difference for me.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a few of the jacket models the other day. I’m considering the set in brown wool seersucker or the slate wool silk linen blend.

I tried on a jacket in walnut, which had matching pants, but it didn’t come
off as casual as the others. All that to say I think fabric choice makes the difference for me.
Brown seersucker feels a lot more wearable than all ivory for sure. The main draw for me is definitely the fact the seersucker is in wool rather than cotton, with all the added benefits that gives.

paris94

Reaction score

Today, I visited a showroom and saw the new line arranged and displayed. I tried on a few pieces and noticed that each one had its own unique style, fabric, and details. Nowadays, it's easy to browse these clothes online and assume they're not special, but that's not true at all. They all have a distinct quality that sets them apart.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, I visited a showroom and saw the new line arranged and displayed. I tried on a few pieces and noticed that each one had its own unique style, fabric, and details. Nowadays, it's easy to browse these clothes online and assume they're not special, but that's not true at all. They all have a distinct quality that sets them apart.
Did you try the pique polo? I'm curious if it's the same kind since they call it double cotton, never noticed that before.

botzzz

Reaction score
i was always intrigued by the button side sweater but actually feel like it makes a lot more sense in this new sweatshirt format, excited to go check it out

also agree on the sweat blouson looking interesting

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did, it's a completely new design and cloth structure. I picked up on of the polos and the 3/4 popover.
Cool! Sounds very nice. I don't really own any sweatpants, so this wouldn't be the first priority by any stretch of the imagination, but they do look quite cozy. And the new tee's and polos look great too.

ezev

Reaction score
Cool! Sounds very nice. I don't really own any sweatpants, so this wouldn't be the first priority by any stretch of the imagination, but they do look quite cozy. And the new tee's and polos look great too.

Damn, you don't own any sweatpants??

paris94

Reaction score
i was always intrigued by the button side sweater but actually feel like it makes a lot more sense in this new sweatshirt format, excited to go check it out

also agree on the sweat blouson looking interesting
Both of those are on my list, once I’ve spent a little time wearing the pieces picked up yesterday. I believe the side buttons on the sweatshirt extend a little higher up than the sweater version.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the other shapes are interesting, but I can't imagine wanting to buy sweatpants or a hoody from Stoffa. There are so many better options for something basic like that. For example Uni/form makes incredible sweatpants and hoodies in LA for less than half the price.

curiousfromS

Reaction score
Personally, I think that with each new collection, Stoffa has been able to solidify the existing brand image and keep it fresh. However, I think that this "Practice" line is a lot more "casualized" than the image they had before.
I wonder what old Stoffa fans will think. Recently, there has been some discussion in the thread about price increases, and I think the "Practice" line may be an extension of that discussion.

botzzz

Reaction score
i think its sometimes nice to have a more "accessible" entry point into a brands world, that said i dont know if i think a sportwear line is inherently that (visvim's sport stuff was priced pretty close to what the normal stuff is) - but i could see a universe where someone felt they had a collection of pants/sweaters/jackets from stoffa and wanted that same level of "stoffa-ness" in their lounge wear

i guess i'm curious if this widens the audience for stoffa, given that it "feels" that so many (at least on this forum) access them as MTM in the first place, or if its primarily a way to get further into a core customer's closet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads