• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

botzzz

Reaction score
Is it just me or has this brand lost its appeal?

all the stoffa stuff i own is great, the newer stuff hasn't been that compelling to pick up but that might be because i already own a bunch

As for newer customers, maybe its not super exciting to post about simple looking shirts and sweaters in neutral colors that feel great but unless photographed well look pretty mundane. The pants are nice but again, fit is key and thats why the mtm is nice but hard to post about

ive always loved their outerwear best and SS is a tough season for it, theres not much to do other than shirt jackets

im curious about what was appealing before that is no longer appealing to you

leapyourbar

Reaction score
i still think what they're doing is cool -- just no longer fits my context. so, subjectively, yea -- they've lost their appeal on me. still love the stuff i have, though!

leapyourbar

Reaction score
wanted to add that the prices are really tough to justify too. i want everyone to make a decent wage as much as the next guy -- i'm just not willing to spring $500 for a shirt.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that many of their newer designs aren't very compelling to me. I really like their older stuff - the pique band collar popovers, shirt jackets, suede bombers, and the coats. It can be frustrating that they switch them in and out season-to-season (and discontinue some altogether).
And yes, the current prices make similar alternatives much easier to justify.

paris94

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what are the similar brands that people imply or state are on par with Stoffa but at a lower point of entry? I could name a few, but I’d love to hear other perspectives.

ezev

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what are the similar brands that people imply or state are on par with Stoffa but at a lower point of entry? I could name a few, but I’d love to hear other perspectives.

Interesting question. I suppose depends on what you mean by on par? Fabrics, service, styling?

There's some things in Stoffa's range that I gladly would spend the money on because I can't find it anywhere else. Camp shirt is a good example - everyone is doing one but there's elements to the Stoffa one that I enjoy. Could go the Luxire route but to me, at that price point, not worth the time and effort.

A few that come to mind that may touch on different parts of Stoffa's range, in no order: Saman, Amel, Blugiallose, Barena, CAMO, Doppiaa, salvatore piccolo, collaro.

Last edited:

paris94

Reaction score
Interesting question. I suppose depends on what you mean by on par? Fabrics, service, styling?

There's some things in Stoffa's range that I gladly would spend the money on because I can't find it anywhere else. Camp shirt is a good example - everyone is doing one but there's elements to the Stoffa one that I enjoy. Could go the Luxire route but to me, at that price point, not worth the time and effort.

A few that come to mind that may touch on different parts of Stoffa's range, in no order: Saman, Amel, Blugiallose, Barena, CAMO, Doppiaa, salvatore piccolo, collaro.
Thanks. I'm familiar with some of those brands, but not all. Given where I live, NYC, spending time in their showroom and getting nerdy about cloth and structure is easier. Thanks for the other suggestions. From my perspective, their cloth tends to be very considered. I would agree that some of the designs have not been as unique as some of their earlier pieces, but I still enjoy the entire experience, from people to product.

Iskander

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it confusing how many extremely similar (and similarly named) shirts they have now?
For example they now have:
Band collar (which is a popover)
Band collar popover (which looks very similar but has a totally different fit than the above)
Band collar shirt (not a popover)

Also lol at renaming the knit shirt to just "shirt"
Screenshot 2023-05-27 163224.jpg

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is it just me or has this brand lost its appeal?
I've only bought their trousers mtm which are great starting at $375 last year. I'm still willing to pay the markup (starting at $425 for cotton and linen) since that's in or slightly less than Rota. For their quality, Stoffa seem worth the price, as long as you dial in your measurements/fit. But if price goes up to $500, it will be too much for me I suspect. I'm also happy with Rota for wool fabrics as there's a greater selection. For linen, Stoffa is my choice right now. Their's is a nice crisp, mid weight solid linen (Irish?), really sharp.

nbymidwest

Reaction score
Anyone know what those flip flops are in the latest lookbook? I know they've used them before. Or any sandal recommendations for Stoffa styling in general?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what those flip flops are in the latest lookbook? I know they've used them before. Or any sandal recommendations for Stoffa styling in general?
I'd steer clear of them (and any flip flips really) personally. But something like the Postiano sandal by Officine General would work well with the aesthetic, I think.

botzzz

Reaction score
i think they've had the feit wood sandal in a couple of the lookbooks before

along the lines of the OG positano I think the officine creative introspectus would work well

i actually struggle with what kinds of shoes to wear with this kind of casual tailoring in the city (traditional loafers seem too boring, I dont like sandals or open toes options in the city, and the sneakers i own seem a little affected to me with tailoring), curious if anyone has good ideas

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think they've had the feit wood sandal in a couple of the lookbooks before

along the lines of the OG positano I think the officine creative introspectus would work well

i actually struggle with what kinds of shoes to wear with this kind of casual tailoring in the city (traditional loafers seem too boring, I dont like sandals or open toes options in the city, and the sneakers i own seem a little affected to me with tailoring), curious if anyone has good ideas
I just picked up some suede espadrilles that feels like a nice option too. But I guess it depends on what you’re wearing, tailored high twist trousers with a cuff won’t be as good with them as a drawstring or linen option.

Belgians, original or other brands like B&L works well too, but maybe they fall under loafers in this case.
FWIW I think white fabric sneakers like superga, doek, vans etc works well too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads