• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hencey

Reaction score
If you've ordered before and/or they have your pattern, they can adjust for taper if thats your preference; you just have to reach out thru your account or via email

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Stoffas trousers are definitely a victim of their own success. They have a high-quality dedicated trouser maker with decades of experience in southern Italy that produces a set number of pieces per week. It’s really difficult to scale without sacrificing quality. It’s just as difficult to find another maker that can produce to their specs and customizations at their quality/cost.

As a frequent customer for the last few years I recommend emailing them if you want something outside of the current collection especially if you have a previous relationship and pattern. I.e. you want some moss flannel trousers for the start of October, let them know your needs now as all of southern Italy is on vacation in August.

Interesting - I think you've inadvertently told me who they use, lol. I sure as hell know who they don't use; having owned 7 pairs from that person, I can tell you the quality is WORLD'S ahead of the three pairs I own from Stoffa. They're quite obviously machine made, right?

Aszatk01

Reaction score
I do find that Drawstring Trouser in Black linen appealing.

I’ve never owned any Stoffa in Linen, anyone else got suggestions for a similar product in other brands? The ship date of Sep 29 is a killer.
I've not tried Stoffa's linen but I'd recommend both NMWA Irish linen from this past year (Manhattan cut made by Rota) and LEJ drawstring indoor/outdoor pants. The Rota's are a crisp linen and I love the cut, more than my Stoffa's for a traditional trouser. The LEJ are a heavyweight basketweave linen, so won't hold a crisp edge but are heavy enough to not rumple easily like a lightweight Italian linen.

Aszatk01

Reaction score
New member here with some quick thoughts, I've been into and own a few Stoffa pieces dating back to their early days-
Agreeing with your general sentiments on the newer stuff - less compelling and the price point is beyond what I could justify spending generally speaking.
That said, I do think they're putting out some great stuff- I took a chance on a Work Shirt washed upcycled cotton indigo from Mr. Porter. Even on sale was a stretch and nothing in the moment made me overly compelled except for the quick ship/sale/returns via Mr. Porter. I have to say it easily has become my favorite shirt- fabric/color/buttons/etc. are ideal. Point is, I give them the benefit of the doubt but not seeing in person/lead times/prices, make those chance items unlikely.
I agree their IG live videos should come back. While their imagery is nice and fairly detailed fabrication info, it's hard to fully understand. That's where the video and more indepth discussion is valuable.

Ziqianzhu

Reaction score
To me, the value of Stoffa also lies in their customer service. MTM is same price as RTW. I had a chance to NYC showroom and the people there were very patient introducing me the products they have and giving me ideas of pairing.

I now ended up having a flight jacket, asymmetric jacket, sweater, and pants from them. But you are right, once you have the early products from them, their new products cannot draw enough interest.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The MTM program is what compels me to spend the extra dough. I’m a shorter guy but I’ve just about perfected getting a perfect length in their shirts and knitwear. Plus the trousers are a spot on fit for me and always available in versatile options of shades.

Some of their knew shapes/styles aren’t as exciting but I’ve really like the oversized Spread Collar Shirt that has a dropped shoulder and I’ll probably end up grabbing the Work Jacket down the road.

Friend

Reaction score
Screenshot_20230725_162515_Instagram.jpg

My eyes are preemptively watering at the price points I'm sure we're about to see.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
not a chance are they under $800 would be my guess, lol. or, well, not for long anyhow. that’s assuming they’re not leather btw.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Speaking of which, have they completely done away with taper leg trousers?
i think MTM, at least my white basket weaves cotton are anyhow (which i bought last summer).

what’s hilarious is that stoffa’s prices have skyrocketed so much (and the quality of the product varied from underwhelming to absolutely impeccable — more often the latter) that i gave in and just started using ambrosi — first for the wool and flannel, and then for cotton and more casual stuff generally.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo