• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the upcycled denim trousers or the raglan coat in 3-ply wool?

I like the new colors of the denim, but I'm still not sure how I'd feel about pleated and creased denim trousers.
And the 3-ply raglan is sort of tempting from a visual point of view, soft and fluid, but I'm not really sure when I'd use it. Seems too cold to use in any cold weather as it's so breezy and wearing a coat in spring/summer feels sort of weird.

Amilio

Reaction score
Anyone have the old instagram lives recorded by any chance? Looks like they’ve all been deleted unfortunately.

ezev

Reaction score
Has anyone found something similar to the basketweave trousers from elsewhere? I'm looking for a new pair in chocolate brown as my current pair from Stoffa are on their last legs.

I wanted to explore my options before going back to Stoffa and coming to terms with the price changes. Shameless.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found something similar to the basketweave trousers from elsewhere? I'm looking for a new pair in chocolate brown as my current pair from Stoffa are on their last legs.

I wanted to explore my options before going back to Stoffa and coming to terms with the price changes. Shameless.
I've been eyeing some Brisbane Moss canvas trousers at Luxire. Sort of similar texture and 310g weight (around 10-11oz) so somewhat similar. Although I have no idea if the feel of the fabric is similar. Some nice color choices though.
Brisbane_Canvas_White_2138_750x.jpg

MILTON_61da90cc-da43-45e5-8aae-f5a46444f322_750x.jpg

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on how they're worn out stoffa offers repairs though, could be good to know. I've done it on several of my trousers and it's very clean. Granted the color difference might be fairly noticeable on a darker color like choco but if they're worn out in the crotch for instance, might be worth checking it out.
Here's the repair job they did on a pair of flannels for instance. (And you can see where the pilling is how my legs are eating fabric again hehe)
35a33293-a030-46ea-bd5a-e55cf32c0066-jpeg.1303858

Amilio

Reaction score

ezev

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the actual fabric of this trouser on Mr. Porter:

It says peached cotton in the name/description but doesn't look like it in the product shots/video? I was under the impression that it's a heavier fabric whereas it looks more summer weight in the shots.

That looks more like cotton canvas:

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree definitely cotton canvas. I’ve noticed before they usually mix the fabric up at mr porter.

ezev

Reaction score
I've been eyeing some Brisbane Moss canvas trousers at Luxire. Sort of similar texture and 310g weight (around 10-11oz) so somewhat similar. Although I have no idea if the feel of the fabric is similar. Some nice color choices though.
Brisbane_Canvas_White_2138_750x.jpg

MILTON_61da90cc-da43-45e5-8aae-f5a46444f322_750x.jpg

My tailor is convinced they use Brisbane. Waiting on some samples from him to compare. Rota seems to have a somewhat similar fabric in their MTO selection as well.

upflup

Reaction score

I've used a few colors of this fabric from Luxire before buying my Stoffa trousers.

I know it's a linen/cotton blend but they do feel comparable.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used a few colors of this fabric from Luxire before buying my Stoffa trousers.

I know it's a linen/cotton blend but they do feel comparable.
Good point. I have several pairs in this mix. Fades a lot more, and wears a bit cooler, but somewhat similar feel.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tailor is convinced they use Brisbane. Waiting on some samples from him to compare. Rota seems to have a somewhat similar fabric in their MTO selection as well.
Let us know!

garigo

Reaction score
Has anyone altered their flannel trousers to lengthen them? If so, does it leave a mark at the cuff?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone altered their flannel trousers to lengthen them? If so, does it leave a mark at the cuff?
If there's fabric to lengthen, this is a standard tailoring alteration.

There shouldn't be marking remaining since it's wool. A crisp cotton often will show the original stitching since it's a fabric that has a memory. I have found this also true for some corduroy. Linen might be more forgiving.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads