• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Skiing / Snowboarding / Playing in the Snow Thread

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8F061844-9C17-4056-A898-15F00C7B8517.jpeg

BD3609A9-6D14-4B8A-A3C5-D3D4AFD3C697.jpeg

8D2AB842-0AC1-4479-90F6-1907C61FE648.jpeg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Tahoe has had a foot in Jan and feb combined

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, it was glorious here today. They were opening areas sequentially, so I skied powder all day without it being tracked out. More than a foot, easily, in some parts.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a great day at ***** on Saturday (snow was firm but surprisingly good across much of the mountain) but made the mistake of going to Alpine yesterday. Due to the high winds (which really didn't seem bad on the hill) they shut down the entire mountain other than the two beginner chairs. That sucked but fortunately my kids still got some benefit for the few runs we took on those chairs before packing it in. We hadn't been there in so long that we didn't realize they took out the Hot Wheels chair (that would have been perfect for the kids) and replaced it with a much better chair that is unfortunately too advanced for the kids.

Serves me right for messing with the status quo. We had hoped that Alpine would be a more efficient day because we could access lifts from the base as opposed to having to take the funitel up before we could hit skiable terrain. Learned our lesson.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Most if not all of *****’s upper mountain was closed yesterday. Not sure it would have been any better there.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Y'all may have access to mountains, but have you ever skied on a hill with 7 rope tows?

View attachment 1334675

I grew up with rope tows and Poma lifts, but 7 is epic.

***** is putting in a rope tow to move beginners along a more or less flat area. I’m not sure that’s going to work out very well.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought the stomp it tutorials beginner series...so rope tows and a little baby terrain park were just what I needed. You can lap specific features without having to go to the bottom and ride back up to the top, and if all you want to do is practice those features, you don't really need to pay for a large operation.

Place is out in the 'burbs so it was 45 minutes from home and a lift ticket was only $20!

Gotta have a high tolerance for snotty teenage snowboarders though...and we've been warm and dry so they only had 5 ropes running and the terrain park was somewhat limited.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Thats awesome! I wish we had something like that nearby.

I would not be surprised if in another ten or twenty years every major Metro area has an indoor ski hill.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
santa-cruz-wave.jpg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Heading to Salt Lake in a few weeks. I haven’t decided what resorts I want to hit yet - I’ve skied Alta and Snowbird a few times each, Solitude and Brighton once each. Haven’t been to Deer Valley or Park City / Canyons. Any thoughts?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends - do you like steep and deep, or do you like world class grooming?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads