• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1149254 Did as @benhour recommended. Think they look pretty decent given what I put them through. Thanks all.
They look very nice .. I am happy u were able to correct the issue.

I agree Renomat is a very tricky thing .. I try to stay away from it as far as possible .. better to use multiple applications of a mild cleaner than a harsh one ..

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ShoeWho Trump's sons and what they wear is relevant to this thread in which way...?
This forum is filled with references to people who exemplify great style. There’s also room to point out those (like the Trumps) who epitomize the worst, the tackiest style. We know these characterizations are subjective, but Style Forum is, still, a style forum.

Last edited:

ShoeWho

Reaction score
View attachment 1149254 Did as @benhour recommended. Think they look pretty decent given what I put them through. Thanks all.
Wow, that's an awesome rescue, and fast too. You and @benhour deserve high praise. The shoes look much nicer than their 'standard' look. All in all, a very educational subject for everyone here.

Zeke90

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up on this and see what you all recommend.
Also, there are some small scuffs on the toe and was interested in knowing how to clean that up. Will polish work? If so, I guess that leads me back to my original question. Thanks

View attachment 1149286

Not sure how deep that scuff is but I believe the saphir creme polish can work, dark brown should suffice. Then use fiebing’s sole and edge dressing for that welt.

benhour

Reaction score
To my opinion they look even better than the “out of the factory” look! They have a lot more “character” now !

Just wanted to follow up on this and see what you all recommend.
Also, there are some small scuffs on the toe and was interested in knowing how to clean that up. Will polish work? If so, I guess that leads me back to my original question. Thanks

View attachment 1149286
I think the best way to go is by using a conditioner ( with low concentration of waxes ) on the uppers and a matching polish on the toes ( dark brown in your case ) starting from the tip and moving backwards! It ll cover all these small scratches for sure !

Wow, that's an awesome rescue, and fast too. You and @benhour deserve high praise. The shoes look much nicer than their 'standard' look. All in all, a very educational subject for everyone here.
I think all the praises must be fore johantota! I just did a small guidance to what I was thinking was the best way to go, he did all that beautiful work !

I am always happy to help when I can :)

keeno

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips on the scuffs and the polish. Quick question on the polish: can I use that dark brown color on the whole shoe? There’s a bit of a burgundy look to the marbling on the museum leather. Just wondering what that polish will do to the burgundy long term, if anything.

Typiper

Reaction score
Would anyone have a recommendation on how to repair this heel gouge? TIA

192CBDD6-1F62-4705-9651-3D06D7130619.jpeg

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads