• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carl1955

Reaction score
How well does it work & do you use it on new sole? Or apply it after first wear out.

Hi TtownMD

I only apply it for the first time after I've worn the shoes probably four or five times and you can see wear starting to appear on the soles. I use it sparingly but rub in small circles across the whole of the sole & heal, then I would re apply every three or four times after wear. The one thing I have noticed since starting to use it is when i return home and wipe my feet on the outside door mat it's amaizing how much stuff is left behind on the mat as though it's not penetrated the sole, it's great for stopping damp and moisture getting into the soles. I'm not saying it'll make the soles wear less or last longer but I do feel it keeps them looking in better shape, having started to use the product I wouldn't now stop using it

Carl.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi TtownMD

I only apply it for the first time after I've worn the shoes probably four or five times and you can see wear starting to appear on the soles. I use it sparingly but rub in small circles across the whole of the sole & heal, then I would re apply every three or four times after wear. The one thing I have noticed since starting to use it is when i return home and wipe my feet on the outside door mat it's amaizing how much stuff is left behind on the mat as though it's not penetrated the sole, it's great for stopping damp and moisture getting into the soles. I'm not saying it'll make the soles wear less or last longer but I do feel it keeps them looking in better shape, having started to use the product I wouldn't now stop using it

Carl.
Thanks man for you detailed reply it's greatly appreciated

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I use beeswax or just a pig fat for leather soles. Works for me. But users of this forum have huge theoretical knowledge and practical experience. In this, it would be interesting to get their feedback on my choice.

Beeswax probably isn't a problem but any kind of oil is going to soften the leather and loosen the fiber mat. Oils will prevent moisture from seeping in...for a relatively short time. But if wet leather wears faster (and it does) the oils have the same sort of effect.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Beeswax probably isn't a problem but any kind of oil is going to soften the leather and loosen the fiber mat. Oils will prevent moisture from seeping in...for a relatively short time. But if wet leather wears faster (and it does) the oils have the same sort of effect.

Anyone ever tried obenaufs Lp on soles? Don't know if it contains oils ...

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got some Collonil Leather Gel that I use on my leather bags, watch straps, leather bracelets and sometimes on some of my shoes (if I'm not using the Saphir Renovateur) - but the product says it expired in August-2016, although it seems fine? Any repercussion to using it?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got some Collonil Leather Gel that I use on my leather bags, watch straps, leather bracelets and sometimes on some of my shoes (if I'm not using the Saphir Renovateur) - but the product says it expired in August-2016, although it seems fine? Any repercussion to using it?
I would not eat it if it's expired.
Otherwise, if it "looks" OK, keep using it.

elfather

Reaction score
Jus got some chicken grease stain on my leather boots, what is the best way to get clean them? It's not that big but big enough to bother me. Please, Advice!
IMG_0641.JPG

billsayers

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried obenaufs Lp on soles? Don't know if it contains oils ...

I tried it once on my leather soles and aside from the initial sliperiness, did not notice any benefit or damage.
Although the soles did seem to pick up dirt more easily on the first wear out.

Reaction score
Jus got some chicken grease stain on my leather boots, what is the best way to get clean them? It's not that big but big enough to bother me. Please, Advice! View attachment 778737

Use a leather stain remover with a non-aggressive formula. Once I tried Réno'Mat, a Saphir lotion. It's not very expensive, about 12 euros, and it's quite effective in mild stains like yours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads