• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tweedlover

Reaction score

GermanHeritage

Reaction score
Read it. Have never understood why anyone, no matter how rich, would want 5 homes. 2 I could understand but trying to spend time in each of your homes would amount to relatively short stays in each. Guess it beats staying in a motel.:D
I can see to have different homes in different climate areas for the different season. If you feel too cold/warm/dry/humid you move to the place you like, i can get that. Or if you want to switch between different areas in generals based on your mood. (City/countryside/desert/forest/alpine …)

Pakman161

Reaction score
Has anyone had more success finding new items on the US RRL website that might only look like they are available in the EU site by just using the search function? Last night I just typed up a plaid wool fleece jacket that looked like it was only available in the EU. Using the search function got me that same one in the US. Is this normal/typical of RL?

stevenkmason

Reaction score
I live my RRL hand tooled attaché. Unfortunately, matching pieces are hard to come by, and in the case of the pecos bag, see Stag attached, discontinued.

In a bit of a constant obsession, I think I have found the Mexican manufacturer of the pieces through Etsy. See attached the tote and pecos, along with my shoulder bag.

I will get the pecos bag riveted at the straps and perhaps the logo dyed. Otherwise to me, they’re dead on - and for 1/3 the rrl price.

At last.

View attachment 1939055 View attachment 1939057 View attachment 1939059 View attachment 1939061 View attachment 1939063 View attachment 1939061

$175 at 1.5” width, and appears to be rrl’s hand-tooler lol. If RRL won’t make it, I’ll find someone who does 🔥💃🏼🔥

View attachment 1975693 View attachment 1975695 View attachment 1975697 View attachment 1975699

@Mollysdad could you please share the Etsy shop?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read it. Have never understood why anyone, no matter how rich, would want 5 homes. 2 I could understand but trying to spend time in each of your homes would amount to relatively short stays in each. Guess it beats staying in a motel.:D

It only works if you have a jet and/or helicopter to make moving from one to the other easy. It just sounds awful because you’re thinking of driving or flying commercial between the places.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Western overshirt with cool lining, selvedge chinos. Levi's denim shirt, Rototo hat, Alden Indys.
westernovershirt1.jpg

westernovershirt2.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys, very new to RRL, was wondering what are you guys thinking of this leather jacket https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clo...jacket/0044680791.html?utm_source=organiccse? I really like the vintage look of it, want to know opinions by people who have bought/tried it on.

I've got it. It's...fine. If you're used to RRL leathers from 10 years ago it'll feel kind of light weight in comparison but it's a decent weight in absolute terms. Fit is slim-ish. It had a strong kind of funky leather smell when new but has since dissipated. I wouldn't pay $1900 for it but at the sale price I got it for I'm happy with it.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone had more success finding new items on the US RRL website that might only look like they are available in the EU site by just using the search function? Last night I just typed up a plaid wool fleece jacket that looked like it was only available in the EU. Using the search function got me that same one in the US. Is this normal/typical of RL?
RL product database is kind of trash.

If you go Men->Our Brands->RRL you get fewer results than if you go Men->All Clothing and then hit Filter/Sort and select RRL. I remember seeing that plaid fleece jacket earlier in the week.

tracytt

Reaction score
I've got it. It's...fine. If you're used to RRL leathers from 10 years ago it'll feel kind of light weight in comparison but it's a decent weight in absolute terms. Fit is slim-ish. It had a strong kind of funky leather smell when new but has since dissipated. I wouldn't pay $1900 for it but at the sale price I got it for I'm happy with it.

Thanks for the info! Do you mind sharing how much you got it for? And any recommendations for similar leather jacket with vintage processing?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else ever let themselves get duped into holding onto hang tags?
View attachment 2037897

I don’t keep the hang tags but I’ve got a bunch of the cardboard things that come on the back pockets of denim that I’ve saved over the years (no RRL denim though).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads