• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DandySF

Reaction score
I've been enjoying this denim shirt on the weekend, as a light layer during summer in San Francisco. In looking at the photo I see the officer chinos need to be shortened a bit.

L1000071.jpeg

Lotuspath

Reaction score
***** FAVORITE RRL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS *****

Okay, I know you’re all on Instagram so don‘t even try to deny it. As a homage to SLCRich (and his infamous bathroom mirror) I thought it might be interesting to post some of my favorite RRL Instagram accounts.

FIRST, the most famous:
Mark Large, not posting as much RRL as he used to but still the “king”. A British house painter by trade, but also a dude living in vintage. The entire RRL community seems to bow down in awe when he hits our shores.
OilCongress, another well know RRL obsessed Brit. Appears to have recently had a baby and we all know what happens then.
Julien Landa, Dutch painter, not nearly as active as he was a few years back. Must have finally reached the RRL saturation point. Is that even possible?

SECOND, the best of the US:
Randy Hughes; I check Randy’s account when I want to see items I regret not buying and want to see again.
Union Brotherhood; pure RRL at it’s finest with nice photography.
Snake Oil Provisions: Okay, so I know this shop is an authorized RRL dealer but still, they have all the bases covered
Circa1893: plenty of older items and accessories. This man seems to ooze RRL.

THIRD, more great Asian accounts:
Denny Spirit: another oversees vendor that does Old Southwest style better than the folks in the Southwest.
Trad “Wayne” Brand: okay, we all know Wayne smokes too much, but nice wardrobe.
Shota Shimizu and Gary U Japan; they’re like an RRL lookbook.

FOURTH, RRL staffers:
Steve from West Broadway: the style master, great account with a nice mix of non-RRL
Pyt from Billyburg B’klyn: no longer working with Ralph but is still the emperor of layering. I’ve seen him layer three shirts AND a jacket.

BONUS:
Ludlow Blunt; This is the single greatest “guy stuff” Instagram account I have ever seen. Russell Manly (a transplanted Brit) is a barber with a shop right next door to RRL Williamsburg and is often the co-host of RRL Summer cocktail soirées. You probably have also seen him in “Denim Dudes” and is often featured in Clutch Magazine. The interior of his shop is all vintage barbershop (he also has a second shop in Japan). You’ll need to scroll through this account to find some of his RRL collection, but you’ll definitely discover some real gems. Like about 26 rows down is a picture of Dave Mitchell (former W’burg manager and RRL model) and Sunday (another former RRL W’burg associate who you may have also seen on the cover of Clutch Magazine). Abandoned mansions, burlesque and Art Deco, what’s not to like?

Have I missed anyone? I would really like to see some of the RRL accounts other posters follow to add to my crew. Care to share?

Back in October 2020 (above) I posted some of my favorite RRL laden Instagram accounts and included Russell (Denim Dude) Manley of Ludow Blunt as a Bonus. Russell has a really great IG account well worth taking a peek. Anyway, I just saw the new RRL IG account and see RL is previewing the 2022 Fall season with a video of Russell Manley giving RRL model/actor Dikayl Rimmasch a straight edge shave in his Ludlow Blunt barbershop which is also in the same building (used to be next door) to the Williamsburg Brooklyn RRL store.

BTW, Todd Snyder just opened his first Brooklyn store up the corner in the same 85 North 3rd Street building plus there was a fairly recent addition of a Paul Stuart shop also in the building. Plus, there is a very new Faherty store diagonally across the street in the former Pilgrim Surf + Supply store. The intersection of Wythe Avenue and North 3rd is becoming a really nice little open air men‘s clothing mall in NYC.

Last edited:

Bing75

Reaction score
@mfbnyc and @Bing75 wondering if you can comment on the paint splatter pants and sizing?

As mentioned not slim quite baggy and a full fit, also mine were a touch too long so i got them altered. Love them with plain white t-shirt or white camp collar shirt some nike blazers and your ready to roll.

espen

Reaction score
As mentioned not slim quite baggy and a full fit, also mine were a touch too long so i got them altered. Love them with plain white t-shirt or white camp collar shirt some nike blazers and your ready to roll.

Got it. Is the waist an inch or two bigger than tagged?

RamiJ

Reaction score
Looking for a little help on determining authenticity of an item. Some context. I bought one of these versions from a fellow forum member over a year ago. I loved it but it was size Small and I really needed a medium. A medium popped up on Grailed so I snatched it up. Once it arrived I noticed how different the two pieces were. The Grailed member claims the bought it from Ralph Lauren at Lennox Mall and swears by the authenticity but the wash of the fabric, the size of the lettering, and the stitching are all different. Is one of these legit and the other counterfeit? Did RRL make two versions of this jersey? Any one have the same one that could do a comparison for me? Thank you for your help.
1FD46597-1FBB-4C5D-B60E-44D41EC07B56.jpeg

17F65648-1700-4E4F-BEC5-95C43EE5B22D.jpeg

7B67E1DC-B6CA-44E3-9DC1-89C0636EEA70.jpeg

BCDF3F1B-3E9F-4B03-92F8-DB5E0928E838.jpeg

Lenard

Reaction score
Looking for a little help on determining authenticity of an item. Some context. I bought one of these versions from a fellow forum member over a year ago. I loved it but it was size Small and I really needed a medium. A medium popped up on Grailed so I snatched it up. Once it arrived I noticed how different the two pieces were. The Grailed member claims the bought it from Ralph Lauren at Lennox Mall and swears by the authenticity but the wash of the fabric, the size of the lettering, and the stitching are all different. Is one of these legit and the other counterfeit? Did RRL make two versions of this jersey? Any one have the same one that could do a comparison for me? Thank you for your help.
View attachment 1814059

View attachment 1814060

View attachment 1814061

View attachment 1814062
The dark blue one on the right is a fake one. I saw some on ebay a bit ago and have the same shirt in size small from the RL website.

aquila49

Reaction score
View attachment 1814059

View attachment 1814060

View attachment 1814061

View attachment 1814062

I love fashion-crime forensics!

RamiJ

Reaction score

light wash looks authentic. Dark wash….suspect

The dark blue one on the right is a fake one. I saw some on ebay a bit ago and have the same shirt in size small from the RL website.

Thank you both! That's what I suspected as well. Appreciate the confirmation. Seller is still fighting me on it so opened up a claim through Paypal and will let them help. Stay safe out there... plenty of really closely executed counterfeit items out there.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
Thank you both! That's what I suspected as well. Appreciate the confirmation. Seller is still fighting me on it so opened up a claim through Paypal and will let them help. Stay safe out there... plenty of really closely executed counterfeit items out there.
It could be legit from a sample sale ... I have been to Ralph sample sales and seen samples that don't look like the final product (or that were never produced). We have all seen that with their online photos. It seems like an awful lot of work to make a fake of that particular shirt. Also, in my experience at the sample sales, all the RRL samples were mediums which was great for me and bummer for friend I went with who is a large. I would lean here toward this is a sample.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads