• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that cardigan. I might like it even more based on your photos. The colors are really great!

I picked up the Pueblo camp shirt, which I absolutely love, the sage green flannel, repaired flannel, and vintage fit jeans. Also picked up the short sleeve chambray shirt and shawl collar chambray overshirt. I can’t help myself when it comes to chambray….

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what did everyone grab in the sale? Had a few hits and misses and a couple of other things I'm still mulling over, but here are a couple of my grabs:

View attachment 1639560

Indigo Jacquard Camp Shirt: Gotta say this one was a pleasant surprise that I wasn't expecting to like as much as I do. Didn't really have it on my list and grabbed it half expecting to return but am pretty happy with it. The stitching is really great, and while this particular shade of indigo is a bit tricky to pair with, I really like it. Glad I took a chance on it.

View attachment 1639564

Indigo Plaid Shawl-Collar Cardigan: I recall a few other poasters already picked this up but what a fantastic cardigan that pleasantly diverges from RRL's typical cardigan patterns. The red is really great as are the various shades of indigo. Big thanks to @zippyh for the nudge and hookup on this.

I also returned a few things that didn't work out, including the Jacquard Workshirt (that light cream geometric is more of a light green, and I didn't dig) and the Paint Splatter Slim Fits Selvedge (yep, indulged in the paint splatter and concluded I look ridiculous in it). Typically love the camp shirts but I must be the only one who can't get into the Pueblo print (I'll be passing on the Coney Island print as well).

Still kind of on the hunt for my size in the Canvas Utility Pant to see if they work (anybody pick these up?). And a few more items I'm holding out on for a second markdown, fingers crossed.

What'd you guys grab?
Wow, two home runs. Nicely done ? .

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a bit suspicious, thank you for letting me know.
How is one able to tell if the item is a fake rrl? I mainly look at the selvedge jeans, I figured so many details could be an annoyance to fake.
I think it can be hard to tell if you don’t know RRL very well. 0livewh0 on eBay sells a bunch of fakes.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Love that cardigan. I might like it even more based on your photos. The colors are really great!

I picked up the Pueblo camp shirt, which I absolutely love, the sage green flannel, repaired flannel, and vintage fit jeans. Also picked up the short sleeve chambray shirt and shawl collar chambray overshirt. I can’t help myself when it comes to chambray….

How's the fit on the vintage fit jeans? I was considering those but I was really disappointed with all the jeans I tried in this sale. The repaired flannel is really great.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fit on the vintage fit jeans? I was considering those but I was really disappointed with all the jeans I tried in this sale. The repaired flannel is really great.
I have yet to receive the ones from this current season but the older season ones I have are my favorite. A really good straight leg jean with a higher rise. Kind of a similar fit to the field chino. They also fit big in the waist as a result.

McSp

Reaction score
Still looking for this Wagner Jacket released around 2014/15, my size is M.
Anyone own it and willing to sell it? Please PM me.

1637294-69150141262240811b5894c39e5b0469.jpg.png

wrongandright

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this linen shawl overshirt for sale anywhere in size M? It's sold out at all flagships it seems and I didn't realize Canoe Club had stocked it, which is now unfortunately sold out.

s7-1412531_lifestyle

Lenard

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this linen shawl overshirt for sale anywhere in size M? It's sold out at all flagships it seems and I didn't realize Canoe Club had stocked it, which is now unfortunately sold out.

s7-1412531_lifestyle
I'd call around to RL stores around the country and one at least should have your M. I have a small but not a M

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd call around to RL stores around the country and one at least should have your M. I have a small but not a M
I inquired with my SA and they informed me it was sold out a week and a half ago in a size medium. I was however lucky enough to score one that was returned online. But you may be able to find one through eBay.

Jtree

Reaction score
Hello.
I like RRL jeans. But there are still many things I don't know well.
For example, does anyone know the ounce (oz) of the following WASH?

SPRING CREEK
SPRING CREEK 2
SANTOS TWO
MISSISSIPPI

Sometimes I can find the ounce on the LOOKBOOK or RRL website when they are released, but I couldn't find the above. There are a few that I know of that have been released over the last few years though. Here's an example.

Austin Wash 16.25oz
New Mexico Wash 13.4oz
Yosemite Wash 15.9oz
Topeka Wash 16.25oz
Sulphur Spring Wash 16.25oz
North Plain Wash 16.25oz
Pasadena Wash 15oz
Brooks Wash 15.75oz
Fairmont Wash 13.4oz
Somerset Wash 13.7oz
Milwaukee Wash 15.75oz
Santos 3 Wash 14.7oz
Midvale Wash 13.75oz
Hillsview Wash 15.92oz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics