• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I downsize 2 on my low straight, took TTS on slim (else it’s stupid tight elsewhere), they were one risen, think waist definitely relaxed can’t remember other parts

heebalabala

Reaction score
I've got no dog in this fight as I don't own any RRL jeans but your photos offer a pretty good comparison of how the jeans look freshly washed and with a few days of wear. I thought it would be good to put them side-by-side:

Recently washed:A few days of wear:
img_6613-jpeg.1561879
img_945743222-jpeg.1606781

Both look great but the I can definitely see the difference, especially around the knees and thighs.
Nice illustration, thanks. Should add that the waist and seat also loosened up proportionally. The jeans are low-straights FYI.

@Thethrill makes a good point that rigid may be a different animal re: stretching.

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback I've gotten, you guys made me realize it's best to try on the cut in person before buying online. Not sure if I'm the only one, but I feel like buying jeans online is more of a pain than buying shoes online.

Here is a pair of RRL slim rigid selvedge when i first got them vs. now (~15 wears, no washes). They definitely loosened up, especially in the waist, but the hips and thighs didn't give as much as I would have liked. View attachment 1636161 View attachment 1636164
I actually like the cut, but it may be one that I need to try on in person first. Do you get a plumber's crack when crouching or bending down? I try to avoid cuts reminiscent of Naked and Famous super guy.

Thethrill

Reaction score
These actually have a bit of rise, as seen in the pic below, so the plumber's crack situation isn't too bad. However, I do find myself wearing them a little lower on my hips lately to give me more room in the seat and thighs. I would definitely try them on if possible with the expectation that there won't be much give in the seat/thigh. I probably could have sized up here for more room in the top block, but the size wasn't available. hope that helps.
20210326_135759.jpg

I actually like the cut, but it may be one that I need to try on in person first. Do you get a plumber's crack when crouching or bending down? I try to avoid cuts reminiscent of Naked and Famous super guy.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
These actually have a bit of rise, as seen in the pic below, so the plumber's crack situation isn't too bad. However, I do find myself wearing them a little lower on my hips lately to give me more room in the seat and thighs. I would definitely try them on if possible with the expectation that there won't be much give in the seat/thigh. I probably could have sized up here for more room in the top block, but the size wasn't available. hope that helps. View attachment 1636654

nice fit! I actually had to get it taken in on the waist and seat because I found these jeans to fit big!However, the seat and thigh did stretch for me. Solid 4 months of wear and it’s breaking in very nice.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty unworn pair of RRL officer chinos in olive, size 33x34. They are laughably small on me.

Last edited:

michaelvl

Reaction score
I am in need of a proxy located in the U.S. in order to purchase an RRL jacket. Alas the item wasn't offered at the European RL online store. I have tried to order through two different drop shippers (MyUS and Stackry) but alas, RL seems to have blocked their shipping addresses.
PS: I am located in E.U./the Netherlands. If anyone can help me out then shoot me a P.M.

pvoytko

Reaction score
I am in need of a proxy located in the U.S. in order to purchase an RRL jacket. Alas the item wasn't offered at the European RL online store. I have tried to order through two different drop shippers (MyUS and Stackry) but alas, RL seems to have blocked their shipping addresses.
PS: I am located in E.U./the Netherlands. If anyone can help me out then shoot me a P.M.

DM me i can help ya

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What’s the verdict on the high slim limited edition indigos? Lighter weight works better for my climate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads