• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Speaking of which, if anyone sees an XXL in the new Ranch Cardigan, please let me know. I am on the hunt.

-DL

Did you set a stock alert on the website? That was what I initially did and the store reached out when they noted they had one in my size in stock.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you set a stock alert on the website? That was what I initially did and the store reached out when they noted they had one in my size in stock.

I did and got an email which turned out to be an XL that was tagged incorrectly as an XXL. Talk about getting my hopes up. The SA did say it was the last one in the company as well.

-DL

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
I did and got an email which turned out to be an XL that was tagged incorrectly as an XXL. Talk about getting my hopes up. The SA did say it was the last one in the company as well.

-DL

Darn! Good luck in your hunt, it is definitely worth trying to track one down. If I see a XXL come up anywhere I'll let you know.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1593041

So after the website sat on my order for over a week and kept telling me it was 'backordered pending store fulfillment, and would be cancelled if no store fulfilled it eventually' I took matters into my own hands and ordered one direct from the East Hampton store. Love the fabric, fit, color, everything about it, a keeper for sure.
Looks great. I like a little slouch in my cardigans so ordered a large.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I know this is an ongoing problem with the RRL website, but just thought I might save online shoppers some time and possible unhappy returns if they don’t have access to a store.
Here is the Plaid Wool-Cashmere Workshirt Sweater photo on the website. The shirt looks like black plaid to me.
1618430090314.jpeg

...... and here is the actual shirt which is blue plaid.
6F3ECE73-D434-43CA-8EBA-4A6701C6F589.jpeg C10E1C37-4445-406B-AE18-C792A15705B2.jpeg
I actually have an RRL shirt from several years ago that is black plaid and looks similar to the website photo.
F70C200E-9D6B-4161-97BB-7341FAF3E5DB.jpeg

It’s a bit hard to capture the color of the sweater shirt in the store because of the lighting. But trust me ..... it’s blue.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I know this is an ongoing problem with the RRL website, but just thought I might save online shoppers some time and possible returns if they don’t have access a store. Here is the Plaid Wool-Cashmere Workshirt Sweater photo on the website. The shirt looks like black plaid to me.
View attachment 1593267

...... and here is the actual shirt which is blue plaid.
View attachment 1593262 View attachment 1593263

I actually have an RRL shirt from several years that is black plaid and looks similar to the website photo.
View attachment 1593266
It’s a bit hard to capture the color of the sweater shirt in the store because of the lighting. But trust me ..... it’s blue.
Agree with you but description does say “navy cream red”.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I also thought I would point out these Limited Edition vintage 5-pocket denim jeans.
It doesn’t mention it in the description or details, but these are 17.5 oz denim. If you take the time to scroll through the website images however, you will find the denim weight on the tag. I’m a big fan of heavy denim and believe these are only the second pair of stiff limited edition 17.5 oz jeans recently offered by Ralph.
It actually wasn’t until I saw a SA wearing a pair that I even noticed them. These are some pretty hefty jeans with a slight slub look to them. The fit however is a bit roomy in the knee area so it might be harder to get distinctive honeycombs. I believe right now you can only find them either online or at the West Broadway store.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Do you recognize this arm?

One of the former SA from the Brooklyn store is now working on the Vintage Collection items offered online. John is a super great guy and really knows his stuff when it comes to vintage.
John was also one of the people featured about two years ago in Clutch Magazine book “Fashion Portrait New York’“ by fashion photographer Lisa Kato. The volume is a sort of who’s who yearbook of the NYC vintage fashion scene (sorry no Mr Ralph Lauren or Todd Snyder included).

BTW ..... that is Sunday, another super cool former Brooklyn RRL Sales Associate (vintage authority) on the cover. Sunday used to work for the TV show “American Pickers” and is a movie consultant for 1930‘s and 1940’s clothing.

Oh yeah ..... but whose distinguished arm is that in John’s IG photo anyway? Hmmmm ..... I wonder?

Last edited:

hyunbin09

Reaction score
I also thought I would point out these Limited Edition vintage 5-pocket denim jeans.
It doesn’t mention it in the description or details, but these are 17.5 oz denim. If you take the time to scroll through the website images however, you will find the denim weight on the tag. I’m a big fan of heavy denim and believe these are only the second pair of stiff limited edition 17.5 oz jeans recently offered by Ralph.
It actually wasn’t until I saw a SA wearing a pair that I even noticed them. These are some pretty hefty jeans with a slight slub look to them. The fit however is a bit roomy in the knee area so it might be harder to get distinctive honeycombs. I believe right now you can only find them either online or at the West Broadway store.

I have the 18oz limited high slim from maybe a few years back and they are a beauty. I def recommend the heavy weight denim from RRL...now only if they did a 21oz haha FYI they are very stubborn denim to fade, but mine are coming along pretty well. If anyone wants pics of them worn in, let me know :)

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
Looks great. I like a little slouch in my cardigans so ordered a large.

Yeah for sizing reference that was a medium and I'm 6'1 180ish. I considered a large but tend to like slim-fits overall, don't plan on layering it with anything substantial (it is a very heavy piece) and my experience with hand-knits is they tend to stretch quite a bit.

Last edited:

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I have the 18oz limited high slim from maybe a few years back and they are a beauty. I def recommend the heavy weight denim from RRL...now only if they did a 21oz haha FYI they are very stubborn denim to fade, but mine are coming along pretty well. If anyone wants pics of them worn in, let me know :)
I believe those were actually also 17.5 oz. I saw your comment from January 15, 2020 but did not know how to include it in my post. I was wondering if you got any fading and if you wash them? I got some flack by saying this once before, but personally, I wouldn’t launder those jeans until they literally fell off my body from too much wear.

Here is an article in Heddels about those same RRL Limited Edition High Slim 17.5 oz jeans.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
I believe those were actually also 17.5 oz. I saw your comment from January 15, 2020 but did not know how to include it in my post. I was wondering if you got any fading and if you wash them? I got some flack by saying this once before, but personally, I wouldn’t launder those jeans until they literally fell of my body from too much wear.

Here is an article in Heddels about those same RRL Limited Edition High Slim 17.5 oz jeans.

So....my jeans haven’t touched water yet hahaha I use a denim spray once a week from Retaw, but haven’t touched water yet...from what I remember.
Ah so maybe they are 17.5 oz...thought it was 18 ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads