• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love RRL popovers. Also a big fan of the Gitman popovers. But yeah you need to unbutton them all the way.

I just received the red SW print and the chambray ones from the sale. The chambray is pretty heavy for being chambray. More like a lightweight denim. Plus it has pockets at the waist so you can store your sandwiches.

vintage38

Reaction score
I feel like a kid on Christmas. Just received my sale purchases today. A cool Southwestern tray to hold the small junk sitting on my desk, a Denim zip Jacket, a pair of Limited Edition Straight Jean's and a pair of Indigo canvas Carpenter jeans. All keepers in my book. Nothing like a RRL sale to boost your morale.
s7-1357496_lifestyle.jpeg
s7-1357459_lifestyle.jpeg
s7-1357332_alternate10.jpeg
s7-1357371_lifestyle.jpeg

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like a kid on Christmas. Just received my sale purchases today. A cool Southwestern tray to hold the small junk sitting on my desk, a Denim zip Jacket, a pair of Limited Edition Bootcut Jean's and a pair of Indigo canvas Carpenter jeans. All keepers in my book. Nothing like a RRL sale to boost your morale.
View attachment 1393488 View attachment 1393489
View attachment 1393496 View attachment 1393498

I have a pair of the slim bootcut from many, many years ago. That was some furry furry denim but I love them..

vintage38

Reaction score
I thought they phase out slim bootcut a long time ago?
My bad, mine are the Limited Edition Straight Jean with a straight fit. They do make the Limited Edition Bootcut with a slim fit. Tried to buy those too, but they didn't have my size. The straight cut and boot cut Jean's look great with a pair of my John Lofgren Engineer boots.
PiKVKmKYwkiVupHXO1iZmZXYyJE7nVj4bYPvdKhrtNI.jpg

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I always examine the new season stuff and note what I plan to buy at first markdown. Since RRL repeats styles every few years it seems even if something you want doesn't make it to markdown, a similar version will be back in a couple years and probably in higher quantity so more likely to be available at markdown.

And once you have a lot of RRL pieces, new items which are only marginally different doesn't really motivate you to pay full price for the new ones but why the hell not at sale time. Of course this is how I ended up with 3 indigo popover work shirts.

fadedgray

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how much the unwashed limited-edition khaki chinos will shrink with a cold wash/hang dry? Particularly concerned about length, I've got maybe 0.5-1" to lose before they're too short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads