• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vin E Bravo

Reaction score
Question for the crew:

I'm a 32-30, but am looking at a RRL slim fit in 32-34. My intention would be buy them, have them chainstitched hemmed about 4-5 inches and have the right fit.

Will that 4 inch inseam difference affect the proportions **********, thigh, and knee?

In other words, does the inseam difference just affect the length knee downwards, or will they fit differently from the rise to the knee?

Thanks.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice saw that my peacoat and chambray shipped this morning.

Thought about placin an order with Jimmy but my wallet needs rest ATM

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to NYC and got to check out the new RRL store. Pretty impressive and very large for a store dedicated to such a relatively small line. Really liking the low-straight jeans and will probably regret not getting them as they fit perfect. Too committed to my officer chinos to get new jeans right now though.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i may be selling my fair isle cardigan and olive utility jacket (small) if anyone is interested.

glad to hear some of your discounted orders went through.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Question for the crew:

I'm a 32-30, but am looking at a RRL slim fit in 32-34. My intention would be buy them, have them chainstitched hemmed about 4-5 inches and have the right fit.

Will that 4 inch inseam difference affect the proportions **********, thigh, and knee?

In other words, does the inseam difference just affect the length knee downwards, or will they fit differently from the rise to the knee?

Thanks.
why not buy your size? It says you are in chicago...go try some on. I don't usually wear a 32 (usually 33 or 34) but if IIRC the last time I was in, the best fit--assuming some stretch down the line--was a 32 in the slim. I hope this is right because I ordered both the slim and the low straight in 32x34 (with plans to return whichever is less flattering)...hopefully they will take exchanges on orders that made it through with the 50% off code.

Vin E Bravo

Reaction score
We don't have a RRL store in chicago. Our main Ralph store has a few pieces downtown, but nothing consistent. But now that you mentioned it they do have those black slim fits - I shoulda tried 'em on the other day to tell the difference. They're $280 there, and $130 on ebay though, haha.

That place is only good to do sizing and research unless you are bankrolled - must suck to be a saleperson there and know many of those people are coming in to size up and subsequently taking their commission to eBay.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they don't have a huge selection, but they usually have an almost complete size run of each cut. Maybe not in every wash, but there should be a bunch of sizes to test out.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i may be selling my fair isle cardigan and olive utility jacket (small) if anyone is interested.
glad to hear some of your discounted orders went through.

Curious to see what your fair isle cardi looks like...

OK, a few questions about eBay listings for RRL. First, I found a pair of RRL oxbloods in size 29 that measure 15" in the waist, new. I'm a 32" waist. Will these stretch enough?

Also, I've found a few pairs of RRL slim fits at size 30 for a VERY reasonable BIN price, but the seller has them listed as women's jeans. They're slim stretch. Here's one (don't snipe me, guys): http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAURE...SA_WC_Jeans&hash=item19c8bc481b#ht_1119wt_957

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL sweater

p1040102c.jpg
p1040106bj.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads